Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ludo

So who is excited about ReaperCon 2016?

3248 posts in this topic

Left work early. Time to pack!!

5 people like this

Starting to pack!

Tried my costume with all the accessories. Success!

I even baked some goodies I intend on bringing.

Now to make sure I'm awake by 3:30-4:00am.

Edited by Cranky Dog
6 people like this

I'm checked into my hotel. Had a short nap, showered, and I'm feeling good to go.

5 people like this

I'm still at work but I can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow!  Oops I think I peed a litter there from excitement...

1 person likes this

I have about another hour of work and then it is home to bed for a few hours. Then I am up for a last minute load of laundry and packing to be ready for my 2 am shuttle. Tomorrow is going to be a long day, luckily I am able to sleep on planes.

3 people like this

I'm still at work but I can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow! Oops I think I peed a litter there from excitement...

So... having kittens already? Talented!

/Sorry, had to...

3 people like this

On the train...

Need to grab some luggage tags on the way home. ..

Finish up the diorama

Finish packing

Pack minis

Shower

Sleep???

Not really likely....

Stress about what I'm forgetting. ..

Edited by knarthex
5 people like this

Putting final stitches into the costume (buttonholes).  No time for a 2nd batch of cookies. (Unless I am awake from insomnia at 2 am again).  

This time tomorrow I expect to be crossing the Red River. 

5 people like this

Spent first half of today getting the 1999 Toyota Camry that my wife's grandfather gave us switched over at the title office and getting it registered. Now it is legal to drive out to RCon if I can't use the wife's Subaru. Also ran off to Subaru to get some brake switch replaced because it was causing some lights to come on dash that worried me. Now I want to sleep but may need to run over to old house and do some moving of a few things still there.

You all are having more fun with your last minute stuff. :)

I haven't done first minute stuff yet.

Cooking wings and sirloin for dinner. Turf and turf if you will.

3 people like this

Those of y'all flying in, hope you don't get too crowded. Those driving, drive safe. I'm looking forward to putting some faces to names and want you all here in good spirits.

5 people like this

Those of y'all flying in, hope you don't get too crowded. Those driving, drive safe. I'm looking forward to putting some faces to names and want you all here in good spirits.

I'll be the one sleep deprived (my plane leaves around 3am, Reaper time).

4 people like this

The Fairfield Inn has an indoor pool!! Excellent! 

*adds swim trunks to the pile*

5 people like this

I'm excited!!!!

3 people like this

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Like last year, this thread is to find roommates and transit. Being the con isn't at the hotel rides may be more important.

My situation: Room full at 4 Wednesday through Monday.
      Rides unknown as flights not booked, but looking at noonish arrival Wednesday, into dfw, out if dfw Sunday around 7, maybe Monday if I can get the time off then. Either way I'll need help with transit if possible.

On your marks...get set...
    • By haldir
      With the announcement of the HGI block being filled up for RCon this year, thought I'd I ask where everyone will be staying for the con this year. Helps with getting together afterwards or even during the Con.

I'll be staying at Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) this year.
    • By Heisler
      The ReaperCon painting competition is open to miniatures and models from all companies, In light of that fact we have started to invite other miniature manufacturers to provide prizes for the best painted version of their products at the show. In 2015 we had the following manufacturers provide prizes for the best painted versions of their company's miniatures: Red Box Games, Dark Sword Miniatures, DGS, Hasslefree Miniatures and Secret Weapon Miniatures.

I will use this thread to let folks know which manufacturers will be providing prizes in addition to those you can earn when entering the ReaperCon 2016 Painting Competition. I'll update this first post with additions to the list as we get closer to the con.

2016 Manufacturer Awards List:

Dark Sword Miniatures - Jim is really expanding his ReaperCon Support this year
               Dark Sword Diorama
                        $150 in Dark Sword Online Store Credit for Best Overall Dark Sword Diorama
                        $100 in Dark Sword Online Store Credit for 2nd Place Dark Sword Diorama 

Dark Sword Single Miniatures
                        $150 in Dark Sword Online Store Credit for Best Overall Dark Sword Single Miniature
                        $100 in Dark Sword Online Store Credit for 2nd Place Dark Sword Single Miniature

Ares Mythologic
              Best Ares Miniature
                     New product to be given out at the show
              Best Draconia Miniature
                    New product to be given out at the show
              I'll provide further details when I can.

Kabuki Models
              Best Kabuki Model 
                       300eu gift voucher for their online store.
                       There is a caveat here. If the judges feel there are not enough quality Kabuki entries then, at their discretion, it will be awarded to the Best piece in the Open                  Category.

Bombshell Miniatures
              Is offering their brand new and highly coveted Bombardier Pin and gift certificates good for our web store to the following winners.
              Artists who Bombshell Miniatures has previously paid for commissioned painting work for their own studio models will be exempt from the Bombshell manufacturer's prizes.          1st place Overall - Bombshell Gold Pin and $100 Gift Certificate        2nd place Overall - Bombshell Silver Pin and $50 Gift Certificate        3rd place Overall - Bombshell Bronze Pin and $25 Gift Certificate
    • By Qwyksilver
      Welcome to the House Procrastius Common Room.

House Procrastius
      "Ego probabiliter ad cras"

Yeah, I know the other Houses got their rooms up before us.  Sorry, it took me awhile to get to it.  But you know, it still got done.  Got a little busy with stuff.  Anyway, have at it.  When you get a chance.  If you can't, it'll keep.

As a wise old teacher once said to me:

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.â€
      - Mark Twain

​Now, I think the teacher was trying to get me to turn my work in on time, but honestly, I loved Mark Twain, and it sort of had the opposite effect.
    • By joshuaslater
      Anyone know if this model and the few last remaining ones are in the works?  A hint of a preview?
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)