Sign in to follow this  
Ludo

So who is excited about ReaperCon 2016?

SWA apparently flies to Love Field and DFW now.

Oh they do? I haven't seen that, I'll have to go check!

ETA: just checked, not an option with SWA from Las Vegas anyhow.

Last Rcon SW were advertising a new division/flight plan for DFW. They're also doing mass hirings for it. (I applied for their Georgia branch and they would have had me relocate to Texas had I got the job.)

At this time they are not offering flights to DFW for October. Certainly doesn't mean it won't change by then, I would certainly prefer to fly in on SW.

• Like 4

I will have a minivan and am happy to shuttle people back and forth. We have a ten hour drive on Wednesday so I am not sure we can help anyone arriving at the airport before the evening, but can help get to the airport at the end. We are leaving Monday morning for our trip back to Virginia by way of New Orleans and St Augustine so would have no problem helping with the early flights.

• Like 4

Lovefield isn't awful. It is a significantly smaller airport than what I'm used to. It's not terribly far from DFW either. I wouldn't want someone to fret if they ended up at Lovefield vs DFW. Their food selection is nice and their chairs have built in chargers!!! (As you can see, I don't travel much. I felt like someone seeing the first light bulb in action).

I think it took Corporea a good twenty minutes to get to us from DFW? But then account for GPS, luggage, rental car time, and traffic.

Point is, you're in Dallas Texas and its Reaper Con weekend. What could possibly happen to make you have a bad time?

Shadowraven, need not answer. :p

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 7

I'm getting in on the Wednesday and departing uncomfortably early on the Monday morning... I might need to try to wrangle some folks for a low key birthday party on the Sunday night. ::P:

:bday: BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY!  :bday:

Wait wut. Birthday, low-key, and ReaperCon all at the same location? Call me crazy, but even as a severe introvert, I've noticed the signs that RCon can be anything but low-key. :lol:

Cookies! We should make cookies!

I'm sure we can handle low-key.

Lemme think; we're gonna need a keg of beer, fireworks, 10,000 or so balloons, some glitter, a cake big enough to feed a few hundred people.... :devil:

Sounds good. But what are the rest of you going to eat and drink?  :devil:

Seriously though, I kinda expect by the Sunday evening, everyone's gonna be pretty darn tired. Probably pretty loopy too, and I can only imagine that adding loopiness on top of the way you folks normally are... must be pretty darn entertaining. ::P:  But yeah, probably a lot of very tired people. And if nothing else, I'm likely to be pretty worn out by then and not up for too much craziness. ::P:

Light weight. ::P:

You should definitely take Morihalda up on the cookies, though. She was my secret Sophie gift giver, and the cookies she baked for me were INCREDIBLE!

I rationed them out to last as long as possible, and just finished the last one off this past Tuesday.

Ignore that, i was delirious. I mixed up my people.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 5

You should definitely take Morihalda up on the cookies, though. She was my secret Sophie gift giver, and the cookies she baked for me were INCREDIBLE!

I rationed them out to last as long as possible, and just finished the last one off this past Tuesday.

Wut! I do make decent cookies, if I do say so myself, but I didn't do Secret Sophie.

Did I?  :blink:

• Like 6

I'm getting in on the Wednesday and departing uncomfortably early on the Monday morning... I might need to try to wrangle some folks for a low key birthday party on the Sunday night. ::P:

:bday: BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY! :bday:

Wait wut. Birthday, low-key, and ReaperCon all at the same location? Call me crazy, but even as a severe introvert, I've noticed the signs that RCon can be anything but low-key. :lol:

Cookies! We should make cookies!

I'm sure we can handle low-key.

Lemme think; we're gonna need a keg of beer, fireworks, 10,000 or so balloons, some glitter, a cake big enough to feed a few hundred people.... :devil:

Ears perk up. Glitter? *excellent!*

• Like 6

Ignore that, i was delirious. I mixed up my people.

Wut! I do make decent cookies, if I do say so myself, but I didn't do Secret Sophie.

Did I?  :blink:

Um, sorry for the confusion.  I was delirious with hunger from not feeling well earlier in the day yesterday.

• Like 3

What is the shuttle you folks are speaking of?

Pretty sure I'll be going into Love Field, as that's where cheaper flights seem to be going...

Still have to book the flight, in Wednesday early afternoon, out Sunday evening...

George

Looks like Love Field doesn't give any love to Canadian flights. In my case it would be 44% more expensive ($898CDN vs $623CDN). But you guys did mention it is a smaller airport, so I figure that international flights are not their main market.

Too bad i don't live in Montreal anymore. Flight would've been $366CDN (~$266US).

Edited by Cranky Dog

hmmm.... I guess it is time to start looking for flights.  It looks like I might be the only one from my group attending this year.  With all the other conventions we go to and the exchange rate, getting to ReaperCon is a bit pricey for the group.  Everyone still loves Reapercon - just have to make the finances work.

What is the shuttle you folks are speaking of?

Pretty sure I'll be going into Love Field, as that's where cheaper flights seem to be going...

Still have to book the flight, in Wednesday early afternoon, out Sunday evening...

George

Looks like Love Field doesn't give any love to Canadian flights. In my case it would be 44% more expensive ($898CDN vs $623CDN). But you guys did mention it is a smaller airport, so I figure that international flights are not their main market.

Too bad i don't live in Montreal anymore. Flight would've been $366CDN (~$266US).

Love Field is a much, much smaller airport. It would fit inside one terminal at DFW I think.

• Like 1

Last time I was in DFW it was Sept of 2001.....

Time before that was 1986, during my PCS to Ft Hood....

So I remember nothing of the place....

I have nothing against small, in fact, they are usually quicker to get in and out off....

George

• Like 2

I'm not booking a flight until I get classes reserved/con tickets... just incase. The hotel room can easily be cancelled, not a flight.

• Like 1