Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other --- May 2015

518 posts in this topic

Thanks to all who have gone before (Talespinner and TGP as well as those who have provided them questions).  I stepped up to continue the questions.  As I have been doing a lot of traveling lately, the first few will be travel related.

Question for May 9th : What is your favorite foreign country that you have visited?  (if you have not visited a foreign country, don't worry, tomorrows question is for you)

2 people like this

Ireland.  Hands down.  Spent my honeymoon there.  Can't wait for a chance to go back.

Of course, that's also pretty easy, because it's the only foreign country I have ever been to other than Canada, and I was only in Canada for an afternoon, twice.

1 person likes this

Austria, I think. Spectacular scenery, really nice people, and great skiing.

Korea.

I've only been to Canadia and Mexihico, so....Canadia.

USA.

( I'm from the Netherlands).

I've visited quite a few countries, but I loved this.

I went to Arizona a few times.

It helps that I love the desert, reptiles, westerns and steaks I guess.

3 people like this

Probably Austria had a very good time there.

It might be worth mentioning that I've never been to anything as large as a country that I didn't like. There's always interesting stuff to see and people to talk to.

4 people like this

Thanks to all who have gone before (Talespinner and TGP as well as those who have provided them questions).  I stepped up to continue the questions.  As I have been doing a lot of traveling lately, the first few will be travel related.

Question for May 9th : What is your favorite foreign country that you have visited?  (if you have not visited a foreign country, don't worry, tomorrows question is for you)

I've only been to 2: KANADAW, and Italy. Italy was the most fun per dollar per day, though I love visiting Canada. I go there about once a year. I have the best conversations with Canadian Customs. We often cut through Ontario on our way home from family reunions in Michigan.

Reason for visit: Just passing through

Duration of stay: Dinner

Edited by etherial
2 people like this

Canadian Customs Officer:  So where are you headed?

Runt with Glasses:  St. Johns (Newfoundland).

Canadian Customs Officer: WHY????

Runt with Glasses:  Because it is almost, but not quite, completely unlike Baghdad.

Canadian Customs Officer:  Understood.

5 people like this

Windsor Canada.Never went further then two blocks from the bridge but oh what a time

Mexico is the only other country I have been to. Definitely some cool hikes and rainforest views.

USA.

I enjoy living here in Arizona. Feel free to drop me a PM if you, or anyone else, visit again.
2 people like this

It's a toss-up between Beijing, China and Florence, Italy. China was a culture-shock-- beautiful, mysterious, and the Great Wall is much steeper than I thought! Florence for the amazing food, fashion, and the fact that I was proposed to at the top of San Miniato al Monte. Can't beat that! Plus, the word "Mini" is in it which is probably significant too. I'll have to work that into a pun somehow... 

2 people like this

USA.

I enjoy living here in Arizona. Feel free to drop me a PM if you, or anyone else, visit again.

Very kind of you.

But I have been there three times work related so government payed for it.

Now I rebased and it is unlikely I get the chance again to go to the USA.

Maybe some day when I can afford it. privately.

1 person likes this