maxstyles

2nd Annual 24 hour miniature painting marathon

I was in for several hours on mumble last year.  So count me in again.

What day will it be this year? July 12 again?

The OP has it on the 12th, which is a Sunday.  My day off.  I might start on Saturday though, as I have to get up early on (4:30 EST).

• Like 3

I am open to moving the day since the 12th will eventually fall in the week some years.  We could say the second weekend in july...  Again trying to be as inclusive as possible.   Last year we said as long as you started or ended on the day it was good.  If I had to pick a day it would be July 11th cuz its a saturday and that might be easiest for people...

• Like 1

As is, I think the rules are flexible enough that as long as the day falls on a weekend a majority of people will be able to participate. If you took out the specific time frame and just made it the Anual World Wide Paintathon Weekend it would fit the "second weekend in July" format better and people could meet up with whoever's schedules meet up and everyone could post results at the end of the weekend.

• Like 2

This is different from the US Memorial Day paint activity Inarah suggested? Yes?

As is, I think the rules are flexible enough that as long as the day falls on a weekend a majority of people will be able to participate. If you took out the specific time frame and just made it the Anual World Wide Paintathon Weekend it would fit the "second weekend in July" format better and people could meet up with whoever's schedules meet up and everyone could post results at the end of the weekend.

I second this idea; make it the whole weekend to allow for more painting time flexibility! ::):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Not to mention giving those on the other side of the world a fair shot at participation on the same "day" as the rest of us.

• Like 1

Okay unless there are objections, the second weekend in july is the time.   Maybe we should have people post when they start and when they stop....  That way we can see who has started and who has finished.  For cheering purposes!

• Like 2

As luck would have it a co-worker a laser cutter and the ability to cut circles with text in them.  If I can get them cheap enough, we could had these out to all participants.  does that sound good or would people like ribbons better?

• Like 2

I talked to my co-worker today about doing some of these and I think its a totally doable thing.  I just need to round up some line art and verbiage.  Any thoughts on it?  Any ideas for line art?

• Like 1

Count me in for this.  I'll plan on sitting down and painting for 24 hours straight.  Will try to get a local hobby/game store involved.

• Like 3

Sounds fun and like it could encourage a good block of time to get painting done in. I will definitely try to get as much painting as I can on that day.

I talked to my co-worker today about doing some of these and I think its a totally doable thing. I just need to round up some line art and verbiage. Any thoughts on it? Any ideas for line art?

No ideas in particular. But I can do line art. Electronically.

post-7586-0-30896000-1433372700.png

This was something I did recently for a dice face design. Fixed it so it shows in-line. It is presently under consideration/inwork to be produced as a custom order by Chessex.

(It is the Five face.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3