maxstyles

2nd Annual 24 hour miniature painting marathon

I like the crossed brushes.  I am going to be hurting that weekend anyway, I may as well do something I enjoy.  I also have two big dragons in desperate need of more paint.  count me in!

My original idea was to have a day/weekend/month where we celebrated our hobby (as well as an excuse to paint some miniatures) and I wanted it to be as inclusive as possible.  24 hours over the course of the weekend certainly fits right into the concept so I say huzza!  This event is all about fun and the more people the better!

I like the crossed brushes over a stop watch idea.  Maybe brushes as the hands of the watch.  Anyone have mad line drawing skills?

• Like 2

I can see what I can do, no promises so anyone else feel free to jump on it. 

Aw man, if it was like a week later, I'd be home alone with nothing better to do than paint. As it is, I'll still be a five-thousand miles away from all my minis. ::(:

Edited by Slendertroll

@slendertroll -- no problem.  Just do it next week and post some pictures.  its all good.  You should jump right in.

I've been thinking that it should be any time in the month of july anyway.

• Like 1

I like the crossed brushes over a stop watch idea.  Maybe brushes as the hands of the watch.  Anyone have mad line drawing skills?

I worked on something last night:

clock-brushes_zpspmj7spxj.png

Not finished yet. Needs colors? still some construction lines hanging around. Need to shrink it?

Scroll down a bit. (edit)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4

Something more finished:

Little -ish version

post-7586-0-60415600-1436418848.png

Hands are pointing to 2 and 4. 

Bigger version

post-7586-0-27647400-1436418834.png

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

@TGP - Woah, that looks AWESOME!!!! :D

Also, thank you so much for posting this in show-off; seeing your thread reminded me that the Great Paintathon is this weekend! :O

Unfortunately, I'll be stuck at work from 8-5 covering a co-worker's shift on Saturday, with Pathfinder directly after, so no painting for me on Saturday. I'll see what I can manage on Sunday. Friday is actually looking more likely, though, for anything substantial to get done.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

@TGP - Woah, that looks AWESOME!!!! :D

Also, thank you so much for posting this in show-off; seeing your thread reminded me that the Great Paintathon is this weekend! :O

Unfortunately, I'll be stuck at work from 8-5 covering a co-worker's shift on Saturday, with Pathfinder directly after, so no painting for me on Saturday. I'll see what I can manage on Sunday. Friday is actually looking more likely, though, for anything substantial to get done.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

The first post says the official day is Sunday anyway? 12th?