dsmiles

Orcs! [d20]

ORCS!

The settlement of Unity lays quiet below you.

Asleep.

Unsuspecting.

The humans who lay there hold a relic, and have no idea that it is the key to saving this world. Instead, the humans just keep moving south, away from the growing ice. They just keep raping the land for its magic, crowding out the Elder Races.

That ends now.

Your warband moves silently down the hill in the dark. Creeping up to the fence that these humans call a wall is no challenge. There's hardly a sentry to be seen. Even if there was, their torches only shed so much light, and the shadows are your allies.

Up and over you go, into Unity.

Your noses wrinkle at the stench. The sickly sweet smell of humans. The docile, domestic, weak smell of them disgusts you. It's nothing like the wild, strong, clean smells of an Orc camp. This is smell of an animal caught in a trap, knowing death is coming yet still fearing it.

The sounds of animals catch your keen ears. Cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, dogs. All of them have had the wildness taken out of them. They sound diseased, sick with humanity.

Most of the windows are dark, a few still have candles or lamps burning in them, but those are easily avoided. The road you want is dark, not even the moon touches it this night. These human settlements are all the same, the road is straight, with no obstacles. It leads right to the back of their church. These humans and their One God. It makes you vomit in your mouth a little just thinking about it.

Silently, you open the shuttered window, and slide into the dark opening. One by one, the warband enters the wooden structure. It is dark, even to your eyes, but you can see the star. It's in a glass case on a wooden table...maybe an altar. Removing the glass case is as easy as it looks, and the star goes into a pouch. Out the way you came seems the easiest way.

And so you go. Out through the opened window, into the darkened street. Into the waiting arms of a guard patrol. They stand, sneering at you with drawn blades. The cold steel reflects the light of their torches. They cautiously advance, eyes never leaving your hands.

They'll kill you if they can.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joshuaslater
      So much character!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1088767957/the-fantasy-four?fbclid=IwAR09EoT-b_4GyJNx1Hu_FeFY1YJAljudb5kYmGrq4iLtUWNVYYLO9yjDxJg
    • By lexomatic
      Is there anyone who might be interested  in a PBP 4e GURPS lite (rules light, no crazy math) portal horror/ mystery modern day adventure.
      1) Gurps 4e is published by Steve Jackson Games, and the free "lite" version of the rules is available online here.
      2) This world is adapted by me from the fiction of Ian Rogers with my own additions.
      3) Character creation rules
      NO MAGIC OR SUPER POWERS or cinematic skills/abilities
      100 points available up to 50 points in disadvantages and 5 quirks as well. If your character concept is disabled, then there's leeway to go over this, but needs discussion with me first
      If you have 4e books or the character creator app, feel free to go for it. Otherwise I will post a list of templates and where they're located that I've vetted to guide you beyond the lite rules.
      A skill at 12/13 is considered professional quality. higher gets you a better ability to handle tough situations and improve chance at a critical. Really high skills might get notoriety (could be good or bad).
      Useful guidance http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?p=369148
      Also this free pdf condensing skills info should be useful

4) This is set in Toronto and Ontario Canada primarily. Your character doesn't need to be from there, you just need to have an idea of what you're doing there, and specifically to start, what you're doing in the PATH specifically (this will be how you are all introduced). After reading about the world basics, you will also need to think about any supernatural/ blacklands experience your character has had... if any, and if/how they were affected by it.
      The World Basics
      I'm hoping to be able to do a few posts a week, but because I'm new to this, and have limited availability it might be slower than I want. I'm unsure about the number of players - this could work with only a few.
      More later. Feel free to ask questions or express interest.
      If you have and use a skill that will allow you to obtain info/ achieve goal to advance plot, that will happen. I won't make people roll until something happens or things end.

This site seems to have a decent character generator. There`s step-by-step at the top of the page, and it auto-calculates. Please print to pdf or printscreen or recopy.  so I can review. If you need a template, please let me know. Please set point maximum to 100 (it defaulted to 300 for me).

Current Characters list:
      1)Magnus Albertson @Dilvish the Deliverer
      2)Sammy @Arkady
      3) Sam Travis @Corsair
      4)TBD @Chaoswolf
      5) Raoul @Colonel Kane

6) Morgan Faustus @Kangaroorex
      There will be a hard cap at 6 players. And maybe only 5 total. We're closing in on being able to start things.
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      Didn't see a topic for this one, and thought there might be some interest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rocketpiggames/tilescape-gothic-city-3d-printable-modular-buildin?ref=profile_starred

About
      Tilescape 2.0 is a modular building system which allows for the ultimate customization of terrain. With our system you will have total control over your structures. There are several unique possibilities for your floors, streets, buildings (inner and outer walls), accessories, and roofs.
      ~ Intuitive/fast building single piece tile system  
      ~ Modular vertical walls insert-able walls/posts/columns
      ~ Insert-able doors and windows 
      ~ Insert-able accessories and decorations (curtains, traps, etc)
      Gothic City is the newest completely customizable terrain project from Rocket Pig Games. We provide you with the .stl files and you bring them to life on your 3D printer. It utilizes our Tilescape 2.0 building system which features totally modular building components from the ground up! 
      ~ Universal and Versatile Set will work well with many types of gaming!
         (Call of Cthulhu, Iron Kingdoms/WarmaHordes, Malifaux, DnD, Steampunk,       Victorian/Gothic settings, etc) 
      ~ The Biggest Lovecraftian/Gothic horror monster miniatures ever made! 
      ~ The most complex roof system available anywhere!
      ~ Make unique buildings in any shape and size!
      ~ Only modular system that has authentic medieval overhanging building
         floors.
      ~ The Gothic City Streets Core set also makes an a very good Dungeon tile-set.
      ~ Gothic City supplies everything you need to create a full medieval or
         Industrial Fantasy city!
      ~ Our unique and varied wooden floor planks, whimsical stone alleys, and brick streets can be used in their traditional way or as building interior floors, pathways, or balcony flooring. 
      Gothic City Buildings & Streets Limitless options for building shapes, types, and sizes! Make amazing streets and ally-ways with unique tiles! Create villages, cities, or forest cabins with our generous selection of stone and wood walls and roads! ~ Our modular interior walls are insertable and can be arranged however you see fit and the exterior walls can soar to great heights or expand in any direction. Add dimension to your landscape by making your buildings as tall or as short as you want! 

• By Darcstaar
      This was my entry for the Quarterly Bones Reaper Fan Facebook Painting Contest.
      The Angel of Shadow.  She was good enough for an Honorable Mention (Thanks Reaper Matt)!
      For the prior contest, I liked how people were getting interesting light effects by using a black backdrop, so I tried that.
      Another reason I wanted to do it was to see if I could put her on a standard gaming base, supported by a rod painted black to fade into the backdrop, to give her a good illusion of flying.
      Also, this was my first attempt at Monochrome.  My final idea was to do a weapon swap to a wand (A cross-looking weapon from the BONES 3 Weapon Sprue), and sculpted my take on Acid Arrow, painting it green as the only color on the model, like those stunning black and white photos with colored flowers, etc.  I would say I'm a much better painter than sculptor

Her paints used

As time wore down, I had to abandon thoughts of OSL, so I made it seem like her lantern had died out and the spell didn't cast much light.

Here are some other photos against an out-of-focus rug to show some tighter details.
      I tried to put some texture into the fabric of her dress, which was another first.

C&C Welcome!

• By PaulMuller
      Greetings, Children of the Reaper...

- I always think it's cheeky when entities pop up on manufacturers forums for a leg up; I do hope you will give me a pass, as I have contributed to the great Reaper Edifice (in a minuscule way) with a few sculpts in the past (Reaper Ron was kind enough to relieve me of a few Dregs.. Ghoul/Zombie sorts).

I'm just tinkering with a little range of my own , perhaps more whimsical fantasy figures..
      Got a batch of greens finished (two gang/factions.. enough for an initial mould).. and am immersing myself in a bit of hitherto unexplored social media  (only got on FBook this year!).

Have just set up a FaceBook 'Artist' page (please do take a look if you like, no obligation, am not flogging anything just now):
      https://www.facebook.com/midblightminiatures/?modal=admin_todo_tour

And attached a couple of pics for you to examine...

All the Beast/ Hope you US Denizens had a great Thanksgiving , Paul M

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 125 Guests (See full list)