• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is RAFM's "Paige Fox, Reporter," which I looked at and immediately thought "Lois Lane". She's a little cartoony, maybe a little satirical, but I painted her up with all seriousness.

WIP thread here.

And a couple of Superman's-eye views (aka how she looks on the table):

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's classic vampire warrior, #02551, Monique Denoir, sculpted by Werner Klocke. She's wonderfully menacing.

She casts no shadow on the base.

WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      The thread about the Drider and centaur I Frankensteined up from some Reaper and Citadel parts reminded me of this little gem I put together this summer as part of a coterie of Drow.

I was originally inspired by the Reaper Bones Conversions thread Chaoswolf started, which had some cool examples of substituting Bones torsos on the Bones Dark Elf Arachnid Warriors. Since Bones are so easy to cut and carve up and glue together, I thought I'd give it a try.

So this is the spider body from Reaper #77182, Arachnid Archer, and the upper half of #77057, Juliette, Female Sorceress. I carved her carefully to leave a peg for the spider body, and I've carved out little sockets on the spider body for the bags and flasks around her waist.

This is a dry fitting, where you can see the way the two pieces more or less fit together under the waist:

Here she is glued. I used epoxy (I know, I know, but I like its space-filling qualities). I left it thin on the back of her torso and added another layer once it had dried, let it get to the gloopy sticky phase, and carved some striations in it with a bamboo skewer to match the hairiness of the spider body.

Here she is primed with Reaper Brown Liner, ready to paint:

• By Pingo
      So among other other other things, I started some oil paintings this summer. Portraits, sort of, of characters, sort of, inspired by the vampires in a game I'm playing in, as well as some fiction I'm writing. (Okay, I guess I have been a little busy...)

Detail:

This part of this painting is still at about this stage. Still working details of anatomy through.

As with my minis, the underpainting is Burnt Umber and white. Unlike on my minis, the white is Lead White.

Here's another:

Just two colors at this stage: Lead White and Burnt Umber.

The teeth aren't correctly placed. I'm fixing that in upper layers, hopefully ...
    • By Pingo
      More Stuff I did on Summer Vacation.

PingosHusband gave me a set of Citadel "Sisters of the Thorn", female wood elves riding what are supposed to be deer, I think (although they have solid hooves and their antlers attach weirdly). Anyhow, they look pretty cool. The set also could make up some hunky shirtless male riders in creepy antlered masks, and I ended up making one of those along with four of the females.

And then there were parts left over.

Sooo ...  I had enough to make one more full male torso and one female torso lacking hair (and three male torsos that need hair and right arms, but that's a project for another day ...).

Well, what can you do with a torso?

Obviously, make centaurs (horse or spider) out of them. I lugged out my bin o' Bones and found 77264: Female Centaur sculpted by Sandra Garrity (There's a male centaur too, but interestingly the female "horse" part is larger and more robust than the male.) and 77182: Arachnid Archer sculpted by Gene van Horne.

I ruthlessly sliced off the human torso from the centaur and used a pin because I'm not sure how well epoxy adheres to Bones.

I carved the waist of the spider body a little to fit the elf torso, but I didn't take pictures of that. This is the figure fitted in but not yet glued. There wasn't any hair for this torso, so her face is only a hollow mask glued to the neck at a tiny contact point at the back of the chin, fragile and just a little creepy.

I mixed up some epoxy and drizzled little comma-shapes onto parchment paper, let them dry, and peeled them off. Then I mixed more epoxy and blobbed it into the back of the elf's skull and added dried epoxy commas until it looked more or less like hair.

Here are the two of them done:

• Who's Online   11 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)