Teriyaki Chicken Black Bean Nachos

Chicken (boneless & skinless)

Black Beans

Cheddar and Monterrey Jack Cheeses

Poblano Pepper, Onion

Lettuce (optional), Tomato, Sour Cream

Spices: Teriyaki (NOT the thick style... Kikkoman with the orange label is what I use), Minced Garlic, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, Chili Powder, Oregano or Cilantro, Red Pepper Sauce (I tend to use Cholula but have used others)

Mix spices together in a measuring cup to taste. This allows you to control the heat. (aka: What, me measure?)

Dice chicken

Pour marinade over chicken and let sit for 30 minutes. Dice Onion and Poblano while you wait.

Heat wok or frying pan, then add enough oil to just coat the bottom.

Add chicken and cook on medium. Add poblano and onion after 2 minutes or so.

Continue to cook until liquid has cooked down. If needed, deglaze with liquor (I tend to use vodka, Grand Marnier, or scotch... I reach into the cabinet and grab).

Rinse beans, especially if canned. Heat in microwave until hot. Grate cheese, dice tomato, and tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.

Arrange chips on plate or bowl. Top with chicken, beans, and cheeses. Microwave for about 1 minute, until cheese is melted.

Top with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Stroopwafel recept

Gebak, Nagerecht, 6 personen, Hollands

• 300 g caster sugar
  • 450 g butter
  • 600 g flour
  • 600 g cane sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 spoons milk

• Ingredients waffles (12 pieces): Ingredients syrup: - 300g caster sugar - 450g butter - 3 eggs - 3 sp milk - 600g flour - cinnamon - salt - 600g cane-sugar syrup - 300g butter

Mix the sugar with the eggs, milk, flower, cinnamon, salt and the butter sliced in pieces. Make 12 small balls.

Preheat the waffle iron. Squeeze a paste ball in the iron. Bake the waffle in about 30 seconds.

Cut the waffle in two thin waffles and spread the waffle with the mix of syrup and butter.

Bon appetite!

• Like 1

Ahh, here is that thread:

Whiskey Candied Pecans

It's actually super easy. Half cup brown sugar, maybe half a teaspoon (or something like that) cinnamon (and/or nutmeg, and/or ginger), 2 Tablespoons whiskey. Put those in a frying pan. Turn the heat on medium or mid high depending on your stove. Let it get nice and bubbly. Add 1 cup pecans. Stir well and cook until pecans are toasted and sauce is trying to burn (5-8 minutes or so). Spread the nuts on aluminum foil, or sprayed parchment making sure it is on a heat proof surface (they will be very hot). Let cool and break apart. 

Or, actually it's just this recipe (I did not spot any commerce bits on the mobile page): 

Just replace the water with whiskey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 large egg
3 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
1 Tablespoon cinnamon, for rolling
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, for rolling

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Beat together butter, shortening, sugars, pumpkin, and egg.
Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1 Tablespoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
Roll dough balls in sugar mixture until completely coated.
Place dough balls about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 7-9 minutes until lightly browned, but still soft.

Recipe is from www.sixsistersstuff.com. I've made them and they're addictive.

• Like 2