Bonwirn

CMON Expo 2015 0 June 19- 21

I was wondering if any of the other forumites are planning to head to Atlanta for CMON Expo? I am currently on the fence and am needing a nudge one way or the other.

www.cmonexpo.com for the info

• Like 1

sadly... I will be working- had to switch weekends with one of my partners for a family thingy.  Which means I'd be around the 13th weekend if it isn't too late to schedule a painting day.  ::):

• Like 1

Oh wow! Didn't know this was coming up. Unfortunately, Sommer is upon us. Sommer means lots and lots of kid events @church, including the weekend of CMON. I'd love to go considering how much of a blast we had at ReaperCon, but I'm not going to be able to make it THIS year.... :down:  

I'd love to, but one big trip per year is all I can do, and Reapercon is currently holding that slot. Have fun if you do go! :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

So, I'll be leaving today for the start of CMON Expo tomorrow... Fiasco books and a "few" adventures packed (like 50+, er, that would be 20)

I can't wait to see some old friends and meet some new friends!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ThirstyBob
      Been painting Blood Rage again, for a friend, and thought I'd post the pics of what I got so far for the big guys. Most of the shading and detail work done, planning on making the skin less glossy by finish and still need to base.
      Any C&C welcome.

P.S. "Frost giant says pls no I'm not ready."
    • By Nethear
      The Troll, from Blood Rage board game by CMON.
      Highlights attempted with dusk sunlight from upper right direction. 
      First attempt at painting gems (rubies amd emeralds).

This was a bad mini to paint, due to entire areas not being accesible without cutting the figure apart (i.e. behind the handle, underneath the loincloth, the feet and hands).

• By Nethear
      Fire Giant, miniature in Blood Rage board game by CMON. 
      Second attempt at Object Source Lighting, and first at actual flames, lava and red hot sword. 

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

International Mini Painting Month - Day 2

Kev!
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      I know what you are saying...another WIP by Jasper?  It will never get finished, just like all his other WIPs!
      This is likely true (the first step is admitting you have a problem) but the difference here is I'm not painting these guys currently.  I will eventually....in theory, but that's not why I'm starting the WIP.

So, if you are unfamiliar, or just don't know the name of the book series, A Song of Ice and Fire is the name of the fairly obscure book series they made into that niche little TV series they have to stick on Sunday nights, A Game of Thrones.
      CMoN worked with Dark Sword Miniatures (I expect there were some licensing reasons as DSM has made some spectacular Martin approved figures from the series in the past) to produce a full blown tabletop game based on the books (not the show, so don't expect Tyrion to look like Peter Dinklage). This is a full traditional type tabletop game, with units, movement trays, etc.  Not what I'm used to with CMoN, but they seem to have done a pretty good job with it, and are backing it up with new armies and units coming out any time now.
      Of course, being CMoN AND Game of Throne, the kickstarter did pretty well, and the number of figs that came were....

So,  as mentioned, units and movement trays.  Movement trays are great.  They keep your unit organized and make it much easier to move them around.  They also make facing and alignment for engagements easy.

But the problem with them is that people are clumsy.  So far in every game I've played me, or my opponent (but usually me) has dropped a tray.  Usually only an inch or two to the tabletop, but still...

As I'm on an ASOIAF (awesome acronym...) facebook group, this seems to be a common issue.  And everyone uses the common solution that movement tray based minis games have been using for decades. Magnets.
      Back when I played Clan War (and Gencon was still in Milwaukee) we used flat metal sheets for the trays, and stick on squares of magnet on the bases.  But now we live in the future! where itty bitty super powerfully magnets are easily available.
      So today I'm trying out magnetizing this unit of Stark Sworn Swords. 
      Following a post I read a while ago in the Facebook group, I ordered a bunch of 5mm x 1mm magnets.  
      The first thing I do is grab a scratchy something (in this case a triangle file) and scratch an X into one face of a bunch of the magnets (I'll do them all eventually).

Then I picked a test subject and glued one as centered as I could get it.  I'm putting the scratched side into the glue as the scratches might help it adhere better and so I don't have scratches showing on all the bottoms. It doesn't matter as long as you're consistent.

Once it dried a bit I needed to see if this would actually work. As these are pretty thin magnets and imported from a company I'd never dealt with before (but who sell really inexpensive magnets) I wasn't sure how strong they would be.
      So I picked what should be the worst spot on the movement tray, where CMoN put their logo, put the fig in the spot and just held a magnet to see what it would do.

Seemed to lock on pretty good so time to test!

Even with a few good shakes our test Stark seems to have held.  Excellent!
      Time to glue the rest on.

Glue should be dry now after all this typing, but its lunch so I'll see if I can get the movement try magnets glued on after a bit.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)