Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

Graveyard Diorama, Undead Army

awesome work! I do love me some undead.

Quick question

Is that the GW mausoleum set? If it is... Is that just 1 set or did you combine more than one?  Plus how durable is it.

Ive been thinking of picking it up but I'm squeamish about GW stuff when it comes to terrain.

• Like 1

awesome work! I do love me some undead.

Quick question

Is that the GW mausoleum set? If it is... Is that just 1 set or did you combine more than one?  Plus how durable is it.

Ive been thinking of picking it up but I'm squeamish about GW stuff when it comes to terrain.

It's called 'The Garden of Morr'. You get a -lot- for the money there. It's cheap, very durable. Contains two extra buildings and a lot of extra bits that haven't been used here. Including a raven, tombstones and gargoyles. 

• Like 3

Dang, you must read a lot of horror novels :rock:

Amazingly done..

it is beautiful in its ghastliness !!

• Like 2

"You'll never get the Necronomicon..."

Totally Army of Darkness here. If only Ash remembered the secret word mumbo jumbo, this could all have been avoided.

Great displays, you should be proud.

• Like 1

Excellent Undead army, great atmosphere.

I love the Undead Forces.

You can be proud of this.

• Like 1

Wowed, this is a superb piece, the detail is exceptional. Well done

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      I'm in love with this mini, that retro feel it has is just great!
      I had a lot of fun painting it and tried being bold with the basing 
      Really happy with how it turned out 

• By lazarp
      This is the mini I painted a few months back.

My first try at painting tattoos too :D
      I'm very happy how he turned out, I've used him as a boss in my dnd campaign and people loved him :D

Next to a Mantic Greatax Orc :D

Next to a heavily converted 03197: Thelgar Halfblood :D

• By lazarp
      So I started collecting Slaves to Darknes miniatures because I want to get into Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
      I already bought a bunch of minis of ebay really cheap, some official gw, some avatars of war, and I found a few oldchool chaos heroes from the 90's in the collection of a friend who plays dnd with me. 
      I want to have a deamon prince mini but I'm not really into giving a bazillion euros just to start out at a game, if you get me 
      So I decided to make my own for less than 5 euros.
      I bought two cheap toys, took wings of the dragon and glued them onto the demon, glued the demons arms, torso, head etc. to make him fixed. Filled holes with fimo air. 
      Also made an axe for him out of sprue, cut up plastic and fimo air.
      I didn't have a 60mm base at home and was to lazy to go to the local games club to buy some, so I cut up cardboard, stuck some styrodur, decorative rocks and sand and then spray painted it all.
      When the fimo drys I will spray paint the demon as well and post results  Thanks for reading!

• By Painting Miniatures
      I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!

Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.

I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.

Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!

• By Sanael
      Six skellies, painted quickly during several lunch breaks, with little intent other than to be available for the table.

Given the state of their weapons, it is ironic that I used them to "knock the rust off" a few of my skills.

Color coded for ease of D&D mook-murder. I had a little fun with some traditional heraldic divisions on the shields.

Paints are all Reaper MSP. Blackened Brown played a large role, as did a lovely fleshy-toned sample paint.

... Pictures are quite bad, actually. I may reshoot at home.
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 148 Guests (See full list)