Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is the mini I painted a few months back.
My first try at painting tattoos too :D
I'm very happy how he turned out, I've used him as a boss in my dnd campaign and people loved him :D
Next to a Mantic Greatax Orc :D
Next to a heavily converted 03197: Thelgar Halfblood :D
So I started collecting Slaves to Darknes miniatures because I want to get into Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
I already bought a bunch of minis of ebay really cheap, some official gw, some avatars of war, and I found a few oldchool chaos heroes from the 90's in the collection of a friend who plays dnd with me.
I want to have a deamon prince mini but I'm not really into giving a bazillion euros just to start out at a game, if you get me
So I decided to make my own for less than 5 euros.
I bought two cheap toys, took wings of the dragon and glued them onto the demon, glued the demons arms, torso, head etc. to make him fixed. Filled holes with fimo air.
Also made an axe for him out of sprue, cut up plastic and fimo air.
I didn't have a 60mm base at home and was to lazy to go to the local games club to buy some, so I cut up cardboard, stuck some styrodur, decorative rocks and sand and then spray painted it all.
When the fimo drys I will spray paint the demon as well and post results Thanks for reading!
By Painting Miniatures
I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!
Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.
I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.
Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!
Six skellies, painted quickly during several lunch breaks, with little intent other than to be available for the table.
Given the state of their weapons, it is ironic that I used them to "knock the rust off" a few of my skills.
Color coded for ease of D&D mook-murder. I had a little fun with some traditional heraldic divisions on the shields.
Paints are all Reaper MSP. Blackened Brown played a large role, as did a lovely fleshy-toned sample paint.
... Pictures are quite bad, actually. I may reshoot at home.
Who's Online 21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 148 Guests (See full list)