Sign in to follow this  
Shogun

mounted and unmounted knight mini search

I'm looking for two minis for my DND 5e character Sir Dustin Bladesong.

Unmounted Sir Dustin wears heavy plate & helm (could be on ground or in hand as well). He wields a mighty two handed Greatsword.

Mounted the Noble Sir Dustin has lance and shield. His stead Nightmare is a well trained and brave horse.

Bonus points for his 3 squires:

Tom Tomm rides a pony and plays the lute, Sven and Hunt double on horse back and have musical instruments and a banner. 

• Like 1

I'm looking for two minis for my DND 5e character Sir Dustin Bladesong.

Unmounted Sir Dustin wears heavy plate & helm (could be on ground or in hand as well). He wields a mighty two handed Greatsword.

Mounted the Noble Sir Dustin has lance and shield. His stead Nightmare is a well trained and brave horse.

Bonus points for his 3 squires:

Tom Tomm rides a pony and plays the lute, Sven and Hunt double on horse back and have musical instruments and a banner. 

Take a look at Tom Meirer's Thunderboltmountain.com

• Like 2

The Mierce Angelcynn Eadric comes in both mounted (sword (could be modded to a lance) and shield) and on foot (greatsword).  He's kind of viking-ish, and is pretty pricey.

The others I would recommend aren't perfect matches, but pretty close, and are Reaper products:

Overlords:

Mounted: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Overlords/sku-down/14440

Foot: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Overlords/sku-down/14147

Crusaders:

(first guy is unhelmed, but the helm is on the back of the horse)

Mounted: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/horse/latest/14226

Alternate Mounted: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/horse/latest/14231

Foot: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Crusaders/sku-down/14352

They're at least going to be in very similar gear and thematically and stylistically consistent.  Full face masks help as well.

Edited by Ronald X
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Okey dokey, this one I finished this morning, an old knight from Ral Partha.  I think it's sculpted by Julie Guthrie, but not 100% sure.  My biggest problem was what to put on the shield, and my freehand is pretty rudimentary, sonot so perfectly sure how it came out.

Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy him.

• By Dr.Bedlam
      At the school where I work, the librarian has been most accommodating towards my kids' fantasy gaming and interest in fantasy topics. Furthermore, said librarian is a bit of a closet fantasy fan herself, actually having sat in on a few gaming sessions with the kids, and provided resources, and so on. I wanted to do something nice for her for the end of the school year, and I find that a neat little surprise does wonders for anyone's attitude of a Monday morning... particularly a Monday in which one is looking at the horrible grind of that Last Week Of School With Kids. So I whipped up a little thank you surprise.

One begins with a stock Mouseling, painted, a little cakestand display I got when the craft joint clearanced 'em after Christmas, a wooden disc for a base, some simple basing materials, and a pewter charm. She Who Dances With Mouselings is into beading, and happened to see this little sign among the beads and charms at another hobby crafting place, and promptly said, "You're buying this. Or rather, I'm buying this. You can do something with this." The charm is as shown; all I did was paint it. You see before you perhaps twenty minutes' work, not counting the time it took to paint the mouseling.

So She Who Dances With Mouselings looks upon it and says, "I WANT ONE OF THOSE! We're going back to the craft store and get ALL those little signs! There was one about kissing frogs; that'd go with the Princess mouseling, right? And what other ones were there...?"

So I guess I'll have to start work on another one next weekend...
    • By Joe the Revelator
      Howdy Reaper! I haven't posted in a very, very long time, so I figured I'd get back in touch with my mini painting roots. Last night I finished my kitbash fighter. I wanted to try making a weaponmaster (great weapons) with swappable weapon parts. With magnets. The answer is always magnets.

With the exception of a few oversize weapons from old warhammer variants I had rattling around in my scraps bin, the Reaper minis I savaged for this project were: 77382: Vernone, Ivy Crown Knight, 03447: Weapons Pack 7, and 60113: Technic League Captain.

And yes. I made fun screaming sounds under my breath when I detached their heads with my wire cutters.

Magnets were socketed with super-glue.

Plumber's putty for the base, with flat metal inserts for the magnets. Although, on reflection, Greenstuff would have been less crumbly.

My base coat was yellow (not show) so it would have a slight sepia bleed-through. I washed with a black mix, mostly water, so he would look grungy. Very grungy.

And lastly, the weapons (which affix to the raw metal shards at the base) are differentiated by having brass parts. All the other weapons (static parts) are from the assortment pack.

It's all about the accessories, right?

Anyway, thank you Reaper for being awesome and having so many great models, although I'm slightly sad I cut the head off a Bobby Jackson sculpture (that's why I bought 2!) And thanks to the painters here who showed me everything I know. I'm still growing.

Warm Regards,

Joe
    • By ThirstyBob
      Hey guys. I'm back after having my wisdom teeth removed :/ nasty surgery had to have some recovery. But I started painting again and I was wondering; am I getting speckling here? It used to be really bad but I diluted down a touch and I think it's better. Could use some help.

• By Red The White
      Hello, compatriots! I am a college student in desperate need of useful sources of information! I have taken upon the task of writing my final project in my composition class on the history of wargaming and tabletop miniatures. Painting miniatures is potentially my biggest hobby, and it seemed like an excellent topic for a paper. I need to do a 12-minute elevator pitch of my paper next Friday, and the paper itself must be 2,500 words and is due at the end of the semester (May 5th).

The issue is, I'm having difficulty finding sources that I can cite. I'd go hunting for books, but I don't have a whole ton of time to wait for shipping. So, I've come to you folks. If there are any sources that you are aware of that will help me in my journey, please post them here. If there are important people I could potentially email and ask questions of, that would be cool, too. I already have some info with W. Britain beginning production of hollow lead toy soldiers and the publication of H.G. Welles' "Little Wars". I'd like to know more about when and how painting miniatures for wargames became a hobby of its own, major changes in the miniature manufacturing industry, key players, where we are today, etc.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)