ub3r_n3rd

Friar Stone, Traveling Monk (03205) - BOGW Group Paint

I can't quite imagine a committee painting project, but the wandering Monk did turn out quite SPLENDIDLY. VERY WELL DONE ONE & ALL!

• Like 3

I did the barrel (of what i can only imagine is wine) on his back.

This was a really fun project and i really like how it turned out.  It came out way more consistent than i imagined it would.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Talae
      This thread is shamelessly ripping off a wonderful idea from our goblin friend @buglips*the*goblin from this thread way back around Bones KS1 days.

The intent of this thread is to have lots of people post WIP shots of their Bones Sophie paint jobs. Here are the minis to pick from (SKUs to be updated here soon):

From Left to Right: KS2 Trollslayer Sophie 77370, KS3 Sophie the Sage 77491, KS4 Innkeeper Sophie, KS4 Small World Sophie, Sir Forscale
      (Note that Sir Forscale is just that, for scale. He is not part of this for WIP purposes.)

There is no time limit or set starting date. If you come across this thread long after I have posted it and want to join, feel free.

Quick ground rules:
      1. Only Bones Sophie is allowed. There are four of them (unless I somehow missed one).

2. Try to limit yourself to a few posts a day, though. No reason to flood this thread too much. (Unless this doesn't pick up interest and it is just me, lol).

3. Watch the side conversations. Ideally this is primarily WIP pics and some direct conversation to help encourage or guide the painters.

4. If this picks up lots of interest, we will use one Show Off thread as to not overwhelm that thread too badly.

5. Play nice. This is meant to encourage people to paint. I am hoping we get painters of all levels of ability. Encourage people to join in. The more the merrier.

Feel free to PM me with questions or concerns. I will try to update this thread with any clarifications or whatnot.

Alright, now let's get this party started!
    • By Gadgetman!
      Tre manor is at it again...   
      Another well-designed warband.    

Unfortunately, one of the minis is a bit... not-PG. So no pictures.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/warbands-of-the-dark-beyond/description

• By Patrik Strom
      I think this is my favorite sculpt (at least top 5). I’ve had it for quite some time now but for whatever reason it never got to the front of the line. Recently I thought “what the hell” and put him into the paint queue. 
      I have been struggling for quite some time with trying OSL. Every attempt ended with me calling it quits and discarding that element from the paint scheme. This is the second one that I decided to keep (the first one is the two skulls from the bones cultist circle). I’m really happy with the overall result.

• By SGHawkins09
      The official arrival/departure thread for Round 2 of the Basing Edition of the Box of Goodwill.

PLEASE make sure to post when you receive the box and when you send it off.

Remember, NO CHATTER, chatter thread is here:

Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition Round 2 - Chatter Thread

SGHawkins09 - sent 2/16
      Keianna - arrived 2/20, sent 2/27
      Sylverthorne - arrived 3/1, sent 3/9
      NecroMancer - arrived 3/12, sent 3/15
      hungerfan - arrived 3/18, sent 3/23
      Ulfheathen - arrived 3/26, sent 4/2
      Aryanun - arrived 4/4, 
      hiddenone32 - new box arrived 6/11, sent 6/15
      Clearman - arrived 6/18
      Guildenstern - arrived 6/27, sent 7/2
      Shadowphaze - arrived 7/5, sent 7/9
      Generic Fighter - arrived 7/11
      Dilvish the Deliverer - arrived 8/8

Dilvish the Deliverer - sent 2/26
      Wyvernfire - arrived 2/27, sent 3/10
      Chaoswolf - arrived 3/12, sent 3/26
      Knarthex - arrived 3/28, sent 4/13
      Paradoxical Mouse - arrived 4/16
      Dragoneye - arrived 8/8, sent ReaperCon
      Kangaroorex - arrived ReaperCon, sent 9/18
      Fire_Eyes - arrived 9/20, sent 
      Keianna - arrived 10/1, sent 10/10
      Pegazus - arrived 10/12
      SparrowMarie - arrived 10/24
      LittleBluberry - arrived 11/10
      SGHawkins09 - arrived 01/18/19

Only two groups this time and they are fairly large so make sure to keep the boxes moving. Also you may notice Keianna is listed in both groups, this is intentional as she did not receive a box last time.
    • By ChanSeal
      “OK, so the Fireball spell didn’t work that well. Any other ideas Owl?”
      “Hoo!? You asking me!? I’m just an owl.”

Probably my last mini for the year.
      Wasn’t planning on painting the cloak brown since it sorta merges with the hair and owl, but a slight accident forced it on me.
      I like the way it turned out tough.

Thanks for looking.

• Who's Online   53 Members, 2 Anonymous, 81 Guests (See full list)