Sticking with white for obvious reasons, but I always liked the chromatic dragons over the metallic. Just appealing, but I have had to adjust alignments to each dragon chooses their path. Allows me to have with my favorite white dragons.

• Like 2

If we're going with standardized D&D dragons, I have to favor the Red; big, mean, arrogant, greedy... everything a traditional Western dragon oughtta be.

If we're going with generic fantasy western dragons, make it green.

• Like 1

I was not expecting all the Pern references!! They were my favorite book series as a kid. I wanted to have lots of fire-lizards and to impress a blue - who wants the responsibilities of a queen when you can fly everywhere else instead? :D

I'm currently reading Robin Hobbs Dragonkeeper series and I love that when she describes her dragons, she describes them not just as one color but as multiple shades of those colors cascading across scales. 

A blue dragon isn't just blue.  She is deep azure with sapphire striping and cerulean wings. 

That's a beautiful despcription! I'll have to add that to my reading list.

I really just love all dragons... and drakes... and faerie dragons... 

Excellent series! Can't recommend it enough. 

• Like 2

Green and Black dragons, followed by White.

I like dragons by terrain, and those three fit their terrains better than most.

The Auld Grump - I picture black dragons lurking just below the surface of the swamp, their eyes and nostrils the only things above the murky waters.... Like an acid spitting alligator.

+1

I don't think I could have ever expressed this any better! 

• Like 2

I have never understood why the Pern stories haven't yet been made into movies. Except that nowhere in any of those books does a dragon eat a lawyer. Which I guess explains why the Jurassic Park movies will continue to be the box office powerhouses they are.

The Pern books are soap operas with dragons. And with the right actors, that'd be boffo material.

• Like 2

Doc, I'll contact my friends at NetFlix.

***peruses Contacts***

Oh. Right. Don't have any there. Would maybe make for an interesting mini-series. Or even a very long series, with each season covering a different era.

I'd resubscribe for that.

I liked the Pern novels  ^_^ even if the dragons in there aren't true dragons (just called dragons because they resemble the mythical creature)

I did a picture once, years and years ago... XD of a pern dragon meeting one of my dragons

note...this is from, like...2009 or something, it's a very old picture

katahattapern_zpsbma9dxo1.jpg

• Like 5

I liked the Pern novels  ^_^ even if the dragons in there aren't true dragons (just called dragons because they resemble the mythical creature)

I did a picture once, years and years ago... XD of a pern dragon meeting one of my dragons

Ohhhhh, that's beautiful!!! Do you mind if I link the image to my friend who introduced me to Pern so long ago? I'm sure she'll LOVE this. With your name, of course. :)

Ohhhhh, that's beautiful!!! Do you mind if I link the image to my friend who introduced me to Pern so long ago? I'm sure she'll LOVE this. With your name, of course. :)

sure XD

• Like 1

Id have to go with black dragon if were talking D&D.  My favorite color is green and I love red cause its the classic but being in a swamp is scary enough then having a dragon pop out of a body of water is horrifying.  I also loved the description of how they bring their prey under the water and let it putrify before eating it.

As for myself, I tend to like the Red and Bronze dragons. 

Reds cause their arrogant and greedy.  Bronze cause they aren't above merc work on occasion, so long as the cause is right.

White.  The cover of DL6 Dragons of Ice is one of my favorite images of one. 

Special mention for Pseudo-Dragons, mostly cause of Loiosh from Steven Brust's Dragaera series.

• Like 1

Black - swamps, caverns  Evil and weak enough that adventures stand a chance against a big one.

Brass are the best metallic - tricksters, who always seem to need something done just outside their own abilities, great quest givers, and companions. 

Whites are the second best, if you need a brutal animal in the shape of a dragon this is my go to color. 

Silver - most likely to show up in human form. They lack the raw power of the golds, but still want to do good for the world. 

Last campaign had a "Lord Silver" who trained champion tier heroes on a mountain monastery.  I don't think the Players put it together for sure until an NPC, who just found out they spent 3 months training with him asked if the rumors about him being a dragon were true,