My package arrived yesterday entirely unannounced. I wouldn't even have known to look for it. Everything is in order. I'm still a bit irked about them not having oxide paste in. I got the big one and was given two of the smaller ones instead. Volume wise its no where near the same amount I wanted but I can work with it. I'm pleased.

• Like 3

Hey guys, my order just shipped .... lol. Now I feel dumb because I gave everyone the heads up. I have ordered from Michtoy many times but usually something isn't in stock, so I guess I knew what I was getting into. I didn't even really give it much thought since I have to wait for awhile regardless and I don't really have many options to get model paints locally beyond vallejo, gw and tamiya.

HOpefully i get my stuff by the end of the month :)

My guess is that got swamped with orders and did not have the inventory on hand.

• Like 4

I had received an email stating that they were swamped with orders from the sale, and would ship what they had, then follow up with the remainder two weeks later. I did not receive a partial order, though I did receive the order in full early last week. So, decent turnaround time, but not the best communication on shipping.

One thing that irked me though, their web site quotes shipping for $100 - $200 orders at $13.50, but the shipping on my order was for $15.00. I included a comment about this in the special comments field of my order. I did not get a response back. I'm not worried about the $1.50, but elf those guys if they're going to tack on extra charges on orders with no explanation.

• Like 3

fantization has pretty good sales and are pretty responsive to emails  theres a new scale 75 copper set up for pre-order

• Like 3

I pre-ordered the metal n alchemy set from fantization on 07/04/15 and i'm still waiting.

Assuming that you're talking about the Copper set, it's an "August" release, and even that is somewhat uncertain, because (reportedly) the manufacturer doesn't really work in terms of hard dates.

I have dealt with both Michigan Toy Soldier (once) and Fantization (multiple times). Neither can physically stock all things at all times; Michigan Toy Soldier is a little more up-front about this on their product listings. Neither spends the time pre-emptively sending status e-mails when there is a delay in obtaining stock. In my anecdotal experience -- and your "mileage" may vary -- Fantization has been better about responding to status questions.

At this point, Fantization is one of the first places that I look for something, but one does need to keep in mind that they don't display their stock status on their product listings, so there _could_ be a delay for anything. A pre-order is a different situation, since they are up-front about identifying pre-orders (although release dates are another matter). Fantization does not have the lowest everyday prices, but larger orders qualify for significant discounts, and if you get on their mailing list, they'll announce sales that can surpass even their tiered discounts (e.g., 25% off anything / everything one day earlier this week).

One more thing: Fantization maintains bins for open orders. If they need to re-stock one thing in your order, they'll hold the other items in your bin. That way, if something else in your order happens to go out of stock while waiting for the first re-stock, yours will be reserved in your bin, and you won't get stuck in a cycle of waiting for one thing after another.

• Like 1

I've ordered from Michigan Toy Soldier a few times, and I've had smooth transactions each time. A couple of times, I've ordered something that ended up being back ordered, and I got good enough communication about the delay.

Ron

• Like 1

Fantization and michtoy both have good customer service. I think you have to in this industry or people can go elsewhere with "the click of a button". They will respond promptly, the fantization guy has replied to me at 12AM in the morning right after I've sent in questions!

Hangar 18 miniatures and last calvary also carry scale75 so other options are available. 

As a point of reference since I started this hobby in 2008 I placed my first order with CCG armory, they have a horrible rep online and their customer service earns that reputation. I digress, that order was backordered, and it took a few weeks. I think its the nature of the beast when ordering online. Merchants list something as in stock but I think that is a very loose interpretation that means something closer to "we can probably get this from a distributor at some point in the future."

Both of them, however, don't keep much stock in hand and tend to place orders when they get them. That's part of the reason Mitchtoy gives you discounts for pre-orders and for being a member.

Fantazation is best reached by phone, they never seam to reply to emails quickly, while MitchToy does reply pretty quick to them.

Both treat their customers pretty well but I use to loath Fantazation due to their selling stuff when not in stock policy, and wish they were more upfront about it, but they will take care of you if you call.

I think its the nature of the beast when ordering online. Merchants list something as in stock but I think that is a very loose interpretation that means something closer to "we can probably get this from a distributor at some point in the future."

Some places -- FRP Games, for example -- do give an indication of their stock status. However, nobody can stock absolutely everything all the time, and often it's nicer just to place one order for everything -- even incurring a delay while waiting for the vendor to re-stock -- than to shop all over the internet for each individual thing you are looking for (and to pay three different shipping charges to three different vendors because no one vendor had everything in stock).

Just got an email that Scale 75's running a 15% off if you use coupon code "GENCON" to buy direct from their US distribution (scalegames.com) for the whole month of August.

• Like 6

I use a lot of them.

Nex to Reaper MSP these form the bulk of my arsenal now.

Just BEWARE, you have to open them..the tip is closed and you'll need a needle or paperclip to remove that, otherwise you might be in for a paint explosion.

I like them a lot, I have both Metal sets, the Orc and Goblin set, the Ink set and loads of solo bottles.

• Like 2

My only problem with my Scale75 are the flesh paint. I cannot thing them to "flow". Do you guys have that problem? They are like a gel no matter what I do.

They are magic stuff, however. Even if like a gel, when you apply two colors in layering style they just blend into each other, I don't know how. Magic, I say. Their translucency is unmatched.

• Like 1