The minute I got the discount email from the USA hub I ordered 4 of the fantasy sets. Got them super fast (they ship from Texas) and was playing with them yesterday.

I then ordered the 2 remaning sets as well as the inktensity while it's still discounted.

I really like these, nice and matte and you can thin the heck out of them and they still look good.

I am painting a bones up with them quickly just to test them out.

• Like 3

The minute I got the discount email from the USA hub I ordered 4 of the fantasy sets. Got them super fast (they ship from Texas) and was playing with them yesterday.

I then ordered the 2 remaning sets as well as the inktensity while it's still discounted.

I really like these, nice and matte and you can thin the heck out of them and they still look good.

I am painting a bones up with them quickly just to test them out.

Nice!!!

• Like 1

Also wanted to add I like these so much I wish they were makeup colors. I would wear them in a heartbeat.

I was painting a grey last night and wishing it was a nail polish.

My last cosmetic purchases have been matte eyeshadows and lipsticks, so yeah... I like matte.

You do have to pierce them with a pin as mentioned above, which took me a minute to realize since I am smrt. But if you just pierce as you use it isn't bad. I don't think I have ever seen so many paints that I colors I really like. Lots of dark and gothy colors with some interesting brights.

• Like 3

Also wanted to add I like these so much I wish they were makeup colors. I would wear them in a heartbeat.

My last cosmetic purchases have been matte eyeshadows and lipsticks, so yeah... I like matte.

You do have to pierce them with a pin as mentioned above, which took me a minute to realize since I am smrt. But if you just pierce as you use it isn't bad. I don't think I have ever seen so many paints that I colors I really like. Lots of dark and gothy colors with some interesting brights.

Highly recommend you put some kind of agitators in the bottles too. They are so thick that the agitators help quite a bit.

I don't think the fantasy line is as thick as the orginal line. These were along the lines of Reaper paint. Came out easily and didn't take a ton to thin.

• Like 1

I don't think the fantasy line is as thick as the orginal line. These were along the lines of Reaper paint. Came out easily and didn't take a ton to thin.

Oh really? I haven't gotten any fantasy line yet. I was curious about them actually.

I have the NMM gold and the Leather & Wood sets along with the Inktensity (which is amazingly epic).

• Like 1

I got the black&white set, I like the paints, but not the instructions.

I wanted to paint Laurel and Hardy in a b/w theme, they a sculpted as 28mm Legionnaires (Beau Hunks). I was not successful. The are from blackhat miniatures.

Edited by Teskal

Yes the fantasy colors are not nearly as thick as the regular line but neither are they as thin as MSPs.

• Like 3

I wanted to paint Laurel and Hardy in a b/w theme, they a sculpted as 28mm Legionnaires. I was not successful.

Yeah, their little booklets leave a lot to be desired. Not very informative. 

Yes the fantasy colors are not nearly as thick as the regular line but neither are they as thin as MSPs.

Good to know, I'll have to really think about the Fantasy Colors line and maybe pick up a pack or two while they are on sale.

• Like 2

I wanted to paint Laurel and Hardy in a b/w theme, they a sculpted as 28mm Legionnaires. I was not successful.

Yeah, their little booklets leave a lot to be desired. Not very informative. 

Good to know, I'll have to really think about the Fantasy Colors line and maybe pick up a pack or two while they are on sale.

They are really nice and have some different colors... Even if you just get a set to try out.

• Like 1

Wouldn't a clear coat over the paint work?