*pines for some Scale75 paints*

[enabler]

Order some while they are on sale!

[/enabler]

*shakes out pockets*

Would if I could

• Like 1

I've heard several people mention that they like the Scale inks. What sets them apart from other hobby or artist inks?

I jumped right into them. Having only used a couple Reaper inks. They are very nice to work with and really add punch to our colors.

It would be handy if they listed the specific paints that come in each set, clearly, on that US distributor site, instead of showing a small photo of the box and bottles, and hope you can read it.  And to indicate if the big sets, include all the colors for those particular sets.

• Like 4

Picked up the metalic and NMM sets, not had a chance to use them yet but looking forward to seeing if they are as good as people say!

Is it worth picking up any of the other boxes?  I own most of the RMS line and most of the Vallejo game air line too... but allways looking to expand my arsenal as im lazy/bad at mixing specific colors...

[enabler]

Order some while they are on sale!

[/enabler]

*shakes out pockets*

Would if I could

Michigan Toy Soldier offers a 10% discount for "preferred customers" (and becoming a preferred customer is free) and the discount occasionally rises to 20% off.  So even if you miss the Scale75 US sale, you can pick up the paints at a (slightly smaller) discount later as well.

Ron

• Like 2

It would be handy if they listed the specific paints that come in each set, clearly, on that US distributor site, instead of showing a small photo of the box and bottles, and hope you can read it.  And to indicate if the big sets, include all the colors for those particular sets.

That is very very true. Only "help" is that the paints are numered according to the sets (at least the normal line, not-fantasy is); so the first set is NMM steel, so paints numered SC01 to SC08 are included in that set. Next is NMM gold, those are paints SC09 to SC16. Etc. Now that they sell and list individual paints that is easy to check which paints are 1 to 8, for example. Only exception I think is the B&W set, because White was included in a set before so it breaks the correlation, but I do not own that set so I cannot confirm.

Some day I will surely get the inks, and now that you are mentiones the Fantasy line being more in line with other paints, more thin, I am curious as well to get a set. I have one of the weathering powders set too and it is nice but I haven't played with it a lot yet.

• Like 2

How fast did you get you orders from their US distributor?

Ordered August 7th, got them August 10th. So pretty fast considering there was a weekend in there.

Can't say enough good things about the paints, I was really enoying painting with them last night.

@Pegazus I have tried the clear coat in the past and it chips much faster then normal nialpolish since it just doesn't ahve the staying power.

• Like 2

I've heard several people mention that they like the Scale inks.  What sets them apart from other hobby or artist inks?

Yeah id like to know this too... arnt they just super thined down saturated colors? ;D

I've heard several people mention that they like the Scale inks.  What sets them apart from other hobby or artist inks?

Yeah id like to know this too... arnt they just super thined down saturated colors? ;D

Just the color selection.  Generally inks are more primary and generic colors (green, brown, blue so on) while the scale color ink line has more interesting shades.  Outside of that they're the same.

• Like 2

I am waiting for the inks, but yeah the current inks I own (not scale75)  are primary colors and sepia

Scale75 comes in cooler colors IMO

Also with inks when you mix them with stuff they are more vibrant and translucent as opposed to paint.

You can also use inks to make really nice washes.

• Like 2

I am waiting for the inks, but yeah the current inks I own (not scale75)  are primary colors and sepia

Scale75 comes in cooler colors IMO

Also with inks when you mix them with stuff they are more vibrant and translucent as opposed to paint.

You can also use inks to make really nice washes.

A perfect recipe for washes you can find >>here<<

I think it is easy to make washes for colors with this recipe. It is the same recipes used for the Secret Weapon Washes.

• Like 1

I just got 2 sets of Scale 75 Paint:

Metal n' Alchemy Gold is

SC71 Necro Gold

SC72 Viking Gold

SC73 Dwarven Gold

SC74 Elven Gold

SC75 Citrine Alchemy

SC76 Tourmaline Alchemy

SC77 Kunzite Alchemy

SC78 Peridot Alchemy

Blood and Fire, Red paint set is:

SC33 Sunset Purple

SC34 Fuchia

SC35 Deep Red

SC36 Blood Red

SC37 Antares Red

SC38 Aldebaran Red

SC39 Mars Orange

SC 40 Sol Yellow

If everyone that has a set  or 2 can post the names, maybe we can get a complete list made up and pinned?

8)

George

• Like 3