ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

Still processing.  Not too worried about dropping in Waves, they shipped pretty close together last time.  Just hope I don't have to re-submit it.

• Like 1

D'aw, only #408 (but Wave 1). Mostly because I had to update my credit card info at the same time. But it was done quickly enough that it got processed under a minute.

I'm really liking the 8-bit board, with Mrs.Bones as our heroine! Looks like the HI SCORE is equal to the next unlock pledge level (when updated). Now to figure out what those extra lives and Player Two have in store for us.

After already adding 15$ to my pledge to get Marthrangul and fiddling with the pledge manager, Canadian shipping for the 100$ corebox only is 37.56$

• Like 1

Looks like we've got a while to wait on the next big piece though.  The next large 8-bit character is bottom right of the current map, with 10 or 11 goals between us and it.

Think that's the $1 million mark?

If processing time is taking this long for many people, no wonder Bryan has trouble with his own updates.

• Like 2

Looks like we've got a while to wait on the next big piece though.  The next large 8-bit character is bottom right of the current map, with 10 or 11 goals between us and it.

Probably, or at least a multiple of 250.

Irrelevant. 

In fact, if the cost is really that flat, why aren't ROW backers given that same cost as a discount off the shipping? 

Just saying...

How do you know we aren't?  Once the pledge calculator goes live we can take a look at the estimated shipping, work out the likely dimensions & weight of the core pack, and see how much it'd cost us to ship it ourselves from the US.  As I said before - last time, it was cheaper for me by a fair chunk to let Reaper handle the shipping for me.

We know because that's what Reaper has posed on the KS

"Free Shipping for US Customers"

"International Customers will pay actual shipping costs"

it's fair enough considering that international shipping involved a lot more admin and paperwork than domestic shipping and Reaper isn't charging for that (based on last time, actual cost was just what they'd been charged by their shipper), the extra staff time probably costs about what their US shipper charges for a flat rate box at discounted rates 

but the way it's worded does give a 2nd class customer vibe

• Like 4

For people "still processing" who are concerned about what wave they're in...  You could (if you're really keen) create a new Kickstarter account with a different email and pledge for Wave 2.  When your processing completes, drop a pledge.  That way you at least know you've got Wave 2 in the meantime.

• Like 3

Probably, or at least a multiple of 250.

Counting out in 30ks, it looks like it'll fall around 500k

• Like 1

I'd like to add a link to the kickstarter to my web site.

First, is that ok with Reaper?

Second, if it is ok, are there any large graphic banners available or do you mind if I make my own from available graphics?

• Like 2

For people "still processing" who are concerned about what wave they're in...  You could (if you're really keen) create a new Kickstarter account with a different email and pledge for Wave 2.  When your processing completes, drop a pledge.  That way you at least know you've got Wave 2 in the meantime.

Sounds like a lot of effort for that.  It's not like earlier waves give you a discount.  Not really a problem if my processing (after 50 minutes of processing) does not get through and I have to start over with a new pledge or something.  I can wait on shipping time, it's a small amount of difference given the time from KS closing to fulfillment starts.

• Like 1

I went through my history and found the page that asked me if I wanted to pay x amount with this credit card and I clicked pledge again and it ended up processing just fine I am now a backer in wave 1.  I dont know if this was just fortunate timing or if what I did had something to do with it!

• Like 3

Sent a support ticket to Kickstarter. They answered with boilerplate saying they had received my request, but they are experiencing heavy volume right now...

• Like 2