Sign in to follow this  
Marineal

03518: Dead Man's chest

At first I thought the tentacles were supposed to be some kind of seaweed - they give it a very underwater feel.

• Like 2

Excellent paint job on all the details. What did you use for sand? I have some GF9 'fine' sand but find the grains too large for beach sand.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!!! I wanted it to be very 'desert island-y'. And the 'sand' is just green-stuff that I used a toothbrush on. There's a sorta-WIP on my blog if you wanna see. Just put down greenstuff and hit it a million times with a toothbrush.  :rolleyes:

ETA:  :;,;: Tentacles...

Edited by Marineal
  • Like 2

I love it, although to me with the green tenticials, it gives me a 'jungle' feel and I feel like it needs more leaves and branches. Good job.

• Like 1

'Hit it a million timers with a toothbrush'

Is that a technical term? Also, is it exactly a million, or just a rough estimate? ::P:

How did you paint the sand?

• Like 2

Haha! I always work on the prettiest days, so I understand. 

EXACTLY A MILLION. Not one more, not one less.

I used blonde shadow, then washed it with gryphonne sepia, then drybrushed leather white. :)

I could have washed it a couple more times to imitate the dark 'wet' water. 

• Like 2

I really did it because we were playing "Don't Starve Together', and I died and dropped all my stuff in the swamp to the tentacles there, and I kept dying because I would go back to grab my stuff and they would kill me again, and I would drop my stuff....

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this