Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Smarty Sean -Red Box Games-0129

Fantastic work, Jay. You continue to improve!!!

Thank you Ub3r!

With you , robinh, arc72, and special folks giving me clues, and suggestions.

I can only follow them, and learn something.

I really am enjoying the challenges !

Thanks again.

• Like 2

He's pretty dang fantastic Jay!

Thanks Tiniest Rhombus;

Your comment about doing some very light washing was greatly appreciated :)

This is one of my richer colored mini's...even though he is so blasted small...LOL

Thanks again !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

Anytime Jay,were all here to help each other out. :-) I've got this gy and several of his friends too, love the sculpts but yes they are tiny.

• Like 2

Anytime Jay,were all here to help each other out. :-) I've got this gy and several of his friends too, love the sculpts but yes they are tiny.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the band of Brigands.

I really enjoy the amazing divergence of how we all interpret the miniatures we paint.

• Like 2

VERY WELL DONE! I love what you did with the cowl/hood. Color choices, brushwork, & basing are WONDERFUL.

• Like 2

VERY WELL DONE! I love what you did with the cowl/hood. Color choices, brushwork, & basing are WONDERFUL.

Thank you Malefactus ! 

Your praise made me smile!

Its a fun sculpt to paint !

• Like 1

Cool man!! :D

Thanks Tre !

Hope I kind of came close to what you were seeing; when you sculpted him !

Jay

• Like 1

excellent Jay... the contrast on this one is great,, deep shadows and prominent highlights!

Now we got to get you painting some large dragons... :devil:

Edited by robinh
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Patrik Strom
      I think this is my favorite sculpt (at least top 5). I’ve had it for quite some time now but for whatever reason it never got to the front of the line. Recently I thought “what the hell” and put him into the paint queue. 
      I have been struggling for quite some time with trying OSL. Every attempt ended with me calling it quits and discarding that element from the paint scheme. This is the second one that I decided to keep (the first one is the two skulls from the bones cultist circle). I’m really happy with the overall result.

• By Kangaroorex
      I Don't have much to go on with this dragon.  its another one that has been sitting half finished on my shelf forever.  the bottom has some script on the bottom that looks like FWS and an 8.  other than that I don't have any clue where it comes from. 

but I finally dusted the mini off, freshened up the red (It was becoming a pink dragon) and decided to display it here.  hope everyone enjoys!

• By Kangaroorex
      What else to finish off the month of January but another dragon from my shelf of shame?  This is Ollie.  Ollie is from Impact miniatures and is supposed to be a mascot for one of the bloodbowl teams.  Tom Acquired the license to produce him and I got a copy.  I used him to test a number of different red effects and styles while working on another, bigger dragon.  The skills may not have panned out like I wanted but Ollie still came out pretty well and deserved to be finished and shown off.  Pictures are still with a phone camera but at least I got to my light box!  So without further ado:

• By ChanSeal
      “OK, so the Fireball spell didn’t work that well. Any other ideas Owl?”
      “Hoo!? You asking me!? I’m just an owl.”

Probably my last mini for the year.
      Wasn’t planning on painting the cloak brown since it sorta merges with the hair and owl, but a slight accident forced it on me.
      I like the way it turned out tough.

Thanks for looking.

• By Jasonator
      For those of you that know me, I cut my teeth on Tom Meier carvings, and I have made it a habit of painting anything that he has put
      out that I can get my paws and brush on.  I was given Syrio Forel (DSM-5133) before my move.  I started painting him this week, along with
      another two others Meier Sculpts.  I will mount him on a created base when I finish painting him.  Meier sculpts are ALWAYS a challenge.  They are
      small and intricate, they also, at times, carry a surprise feature buried in a fold or underneath a caparison to paint.  So here is where I am on this miniature,
      a day after I started work on it.  I do NOT use colors straight from a bottle, a color wheel is a close friend.  Jasonator.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 3 Anonymous, 151 Guests (See full list)