Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Tengu Rogue (03698)

I really like this!  I like the simplisity you have here.  The colors of the 'bird' are very realistic. I really like the eye, it caught my attention right away and made me think of a crow.  Really makes me want to bring this character to life in one of my games.  Excellent job.

• Like 2

I like the contrast of the dark feathers and the white shirt looks awesome!  I know people have been saying this a lot, but your painting has really been improving.  ^_^

• Like 1

Your color choices here are great and I really like the way your feathers turned out. I'm going to have to pick this model up at some point.

• Like 1

Without a word of a lie this is the second best painted version of this sculpt I have seen. ;-)

Seriously great work. You have done excellent highlighting on the feathers and I am seeing a progression with your work. Keep it up.

• Like 1

Thanks, y'all.

I don't know if I'm getting any better, but I at least feel I'm not getting any worse. :lol:

Without a word of a lie this is the second best painted version of this sculpt I have seen. ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can live with that.

He looks great, and I think you did an awesome job on him!  It's actually reassuring to see what a "regular" person's paint job looks like, haha!  Good to know that this awesome sculpt still will look great even if I'm not a Derek-Schubert-level artist.

• Like 1

Agree with everyone else; you did an excellent job on him. You're really a lot better than you give yourself credit for.

• Like 2

"regular" person

Scare quotes necessary in this case. :unsure:

:lol:

Agree with everyone else; you did an excellent job on him. You're really a lot better than you give yourself credit for.

I maybe should stop talking quite like I do, lest folks think I'm fishing for compliments. I'm okay with what I do, but it pales, palely so, but I appreciate what a lot of other folks do more. ^_^

Strong work!  I especially like your subtle handling of the feathers and beak, and the look of concentration that you got in his eyes. 

Keep it up.

Derek

• Like 1