Colonel Kane

Colonel Kane's OSRIC PbP.

159 posts in this topic

"Bane, looks like the little girl wants to play!" says one of the men.

“Your right, Wulf, maybe we should show her how we play.†Bane sneers, "You had better put that pig sticker away, before you hurt yourself, young lady.". The other two guys hesitate and hang back behind the other two. They shoot each other looks.

 

There are the four of you squaring off against two of the thugs, Bane has a staff and the other has a club. the other two thugs are hang back, both armed with clubs, but they are letting them hang down in a non threatening position. The five going after the baroness are hesitating, Seeming to try to find a good way to approach her, She has drawn her long sword. Penn and Swede are locked in combat.

 

One of you needs to roll for initiative.

IF you are going to initiate combat then please post 5 combat rolls with 5 damage rolls.

Ex

D20- D6(damage from weapon)

12- 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gayle shoots the two men who lowered their clubs a quick look, with the faintest of smiles and an approving nod, hoping this would re-affirm their apparent decision not to engage in combat.

 

She then turns her attention back to Bane, an earnest expression on her face, sounding almost imploring as she says, "Don't make me hurt you." He'd have to strike first, but she'd make him regret it.

 

---

(if winning initiative: parry on the first round)

(then) attack Bane until downed or surrendering

then attack any other thug that has actually initiated combat

---

Initiative (d6): 4

d20 - d8 (STR/specialization bonuses not included)

6 - 1

18 - 8

6 - 4

18 - 7

20 - 3

Edited by Arkady
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolf will attack the closest enemy, and focus on that enemy until they are dead or down before moving to the next closest, etc.

 

d20 - 1d6(no bonus)

 

15 - 4

9 - 4

8 - 6

6 - 3

10 - 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Using my bow with a +2 to initiative, so I'd have a 6 if your doing it that way)

 

Shooting the 2 in the back to avoid the "hitting your friend in melee" action

 

+3 to hit on all attacks (included)

Left thug:

10 & 17 (1st attack 2 shots per round)  DMG: 1 & 4

 

21 & 14 (2nd attack) DMG: 5 & 1

 

14 & 10 (3rd attack) DMG: 5 & 5

 

Switching to Right Thug:

6 & 20 (1st attack but 4th roll) DMG: 4 & 2

 

19 & 15 (2nd attack/5th roll) DMG: 5 & 4

 

Arrows shot: 10 total

 

After that I will sling my bow & draw my longsword & when I can will join my fellow adventurers in melee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the first 5 rounds of combat. I took a little bit of poetic license If you dis agree with the way I ran this or notice a mistake let me know. I tired to use all of your attacks. Any attacks that are left over will be discarded.

 

Round 1

Gail parries Banes first attack

Rolf Swings and hits the thug in the head and he crumbles to the ground lifelessly

Anthryll's arrows hit home, one in the heart.

 

Round 2

Gail swings and hits Bane, Bane returns the favor and hits Gail for 5 points of damage.

Rolf moves to help Gail.

Anthryll shifts his attention to the right thug

 

Round 3

Gail swings and misses Bane.

Rolf swings and misses Bane.

Anthryll shoots at the right thug, with the first hitting right in the eye, the second in the chest.

Grinning bane swings and hits Gail again for 5 points of damage.

 

Round 4

Gail swings and hits Bane.

Rolf swings and misses Bane.

Anthryll notices he can shoot at two of the thugs after the Baroness, the thug with the rope and the one with the bag.

Bane turns and dives through a window in the nearest building.

 

Round 5

Current round.

I need to know will the party continue the fight, or let them run. AT this point all of the ones on the Baroness noticing their pals taking on you either dead or fleeing will flee, Swede also has disengaged Penn and is fleeing. I can carry combat rolls over if needed, however due to Bane going through a window and the other thugs running, you would have to give chase and catch them before rolls would be used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 4

 

I will shoot at the thugs (both if I can)

 

Round 5

 

Seeing the thugs fleeing I will not sling my bow & I will keep it out in case I get a shot & going to go for a leg or non life-threatening injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gail clutches her shield arm against her chest, trying not to let on how badly hurt she feels, and moves toward the baroness, in order to check she is okay and in no danger anymore. She'll glare at any thug that might try to get in her way, hoping to send them scurrying off. But with the baroness apparently safe from kidnapping, giving chase in her own current condition would be a foolish risk to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolf will attempt to help Gail, and bandage her wounds up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you approach the Baroness, you can hear her mumbling under her breathe. Penn approaches as well with a scowl on his face.

“Well that could have gone better. I suppose we should thank your rescuers, my Lady.â€

“Yes, well,†She turns to you, “Thank you. Seeing to my safety deserves a token of my thanks, what would you like?â€. The Baroness is polite and yet seems to be slightly upset. Penn keeps scanning the street and the buildings on either side.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gayle momentarily quirks a brow, wondering what exactly Penn and the Baroness may have been up to, then offers, "Your Ladyship, I can but speak for myself. Still, as it were, I had been meaning to make haste for the Adventurers' Guild, in hopes of being first to gain permission to investigate the Oldhef farm. I was hoping to find evidence for a theory of mine before too many eager feet might have trampled ought into the ground."

 

She pauses, taking a deep breath and exhaling with a slightly pained expression, clutching her wounds. "I rather still hope to do so, Your Ladyship, which as it were would see me out of the town itself and away from, I don't know, perchance upsetting plans I was not privy to or anything like that. However, it seems quite painfully obvious I shan't be going anywhere afore I have seen a healer. Mayhaps Your Ladyship would be willing to arrange for the latter so I might have hopes of proceeding with my original plan?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolf will make a quick survey of any of the fallen. He will finish off any who are only mostly dead, and make a quick appraisal of the loot, if any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will see how many arrows I can retrieve off the thugs & will see if they have anything of value if the Baroness will allow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Baroness seems to think for a quick minute. “Penn, please go to the Adventure's guild and post the contract and inform them that it is being work on. If it has not been completed by the end of Gateway, then they can open it up.†She turns to you, “As for a healer...., Penn?â€

Penn closes his eyes and murmurs under his breath. He reaches out and touches Gail. Gail feels fire racing through her body and yet it feels like ice flowing in her veins. (you get 7 hit points back).

Penn turns and walks briskly down the rest of Dowery Lane and out of sight.

The baroness says,†Let us go back to the Sapphire Candle and I will have a room set aside for you, as part of your compensation for protecting me today. You can rest for the night and get a fresh start first thing in the morning, or you may go out to the Oldhef homestead and stay the night there, which ever you wish, but at least accompany me back to the Sapphire. “

 

A search of the bodies finds a letter that read as follows:

“Dear Dad

Hope everything is going great on the farm. I have found work and as soon as I get paid I will send home some money. Please give everyone a hug from me.

 

Your sonâ€

 

it is unsigned.

 

And the following items:

6 1 inch pieces of string, 4 Copper pieces, each bodies has a medium marble in their pouch.

Anthryll you are able to retrieve all of your arrows.

 

I award everyone 100 XP for that encounter. The 'monsters' were not much, but everyone did a great job.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolf will scoop up all the discovered items for later distribution, and then follow along with the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gail offers Penn a murmured, "Thank you, Sheriff". She then spends a few moments collecting herself, struggling with the realization that the elf seems to have shot those men who refrained from engaging in melee, something she should bring up, later, when the baroness is privy to the discussion.

 

She then nods at the baroness's words. "I'll gladly go back for at least a drink to xalm the nerves, Your Ladyship. As to whether we should spend the night, that's a call to be made by someone more apt at tracking, in the know whether it is better to make haste or to way for the light of morning sun."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now