Colonel Kane

Colonel Kane's OSRIC PbP.

153 posts in this topic

Rolf will bring up the end of the group so he can keep a weather eye on the group. Not sure about what is going on, and among relative strangers, he will maintain a cautious silence until things become clearer. 

You are still just east of town right where Granary Road splits off the East Road when you notice movement on the South Road draws your attention. Movement on the South Road is not unusual itself, but this movement appears to be a massive amount of men. Some of the men appear to be mounted with colorful flags on their lances, (a group of Knights?). Something big must be going on. 

Duero being of schooling eould like to see if he recognized any of the banners.

The group is too far away to make out most details. Most of what you can see are colors, red white and yellows are the most common, but there are blues and greens and a few oranges mixed in. There is one banner that is bigger than the rest, it appears to be the dukes banner.

Here is a link to my player's guide to Castra Isca, it is at the bottom of the Player's Resource Page.

https://sites.google.com/site/pandarrow/player-s-resource-page

Seeing the group of knights I'm weary of what might be happening.  Not one to caught up in royal politics. 

If possible Rolf will try to slip off the road without being seen. No sense in advertising his presence until it's clearer what's going on. 

A farmer and his family walk by headed towards town, their little girl is waving a small flag with the duke's heraldry on it. She sees Desmond in his armor,

"LOOK MOMMA, A KNIGHT!!! HE MUST BE GOING TO GREET THE DUKE'S ARMY AS WELL!!†The family nods to towards Desmond,

“Mi Lord., please forgive our little one. She is just excited, she has never seen a knight before.â€

Desmond nods back to the family,

“I am Sir Desmond NuCastle and I take no offense. She should be excited. I have been away on business, the Duke sent and army?â€

“Yes, mi lord. The Duke sent one of his Legions to help defend Castra Isca and the surrounding area from those filthy orcs and goblins. And those foul men who go wandering about and raid decent folks farms. If you will forgive me for saying. Well IF you will forgive us mi Lord, we want to try to get a good spot to see the knights.â€

Desmond waves them on and nods his head. The family starts to move away. 

1 person likes this

Gayle, who had been unusually silent along the way, apparently too busy pondering something weighing on her mind to remember lecturing people about all manner of things they should really know, keeps close to Desmond and smiles at the child as he speaks.

When the farmer family has moved on, she leans in and half-whispers, loud enough for the companions still close by to head,  "Please let us not go greet the Duke's army just yet, Sir NuCastle. I would rather get you cleaned up and your armor polished first to ensure our local finest can meet their leaders on equal footing. That might be diplomatically more advantageous." She paused, then added, "But if we do meet them now, kindly keep an eye out for any knight who might sport a fish in their coat of arms."

Edited by Arkady

Rolf will keep an eye on things, and remain silent for the time being, still not entirely sure what is going on. 

I will maintain a low profile while amongst the knights. I'm not wanting to attract to much attention from them.

Desmond smiles at Gayle. “I think I need to go meet the army, I think you lot need to head back to the Sapphire Candle and get some hot food and rest. I will be along as soon as I can, Neo, I need you to go with our new friends back to the Candle and have some lunch.†He starts down the road toward town. There are more and more farmers headed towards town presumably to see the knights and the army.

As he heads down the road, Neo moves around in the group, “I am hungry, maybe we could order some smoked fresh TROUT FILLETS!!!!†At this thought of the trout fillets, Neo starts hopping around the group, “Pleeeeeeaase can I have some trout fillets??? PPPPPPLLEEEEAASEE??? Sound just like a 6 year old who wants something more than anything else in the world.

"trout fillets it is! To the Candle!"

You make your way towards the Candle. Once you get into town, it seems like everyone for miles, has come to town. The town is decked out in the duke's heraldry as well as the baroness'. The city watch is out in force, breaking up fights and catching pick pockets. You recognize a few faces here and there in the crowd. Neo's wide eyed, very quite and sticks as close to Gayle as he can, at times even bumping into her.

You finally enter the Candle. Bucky is sitting at a table by himself eatting his lunch, when he sees you he jumps up and hurries over. “Greetings mighty adventures. I take it things went well? Would you like some lunch? The Trout Fillet is very good today.”

Without missing a beat Neo quips up, “ EEEWWWWW Trout Fillet??? How disgussssssting. Can I have Cheese Rolls???

Yes, you may have the Cheese rolls, do you want the vegetables to go with?”

Yes, Please.”

Bucky turns to you, “And what would you all like?”

Rolf speaks up, "Some of each for me. Fillets and rolls. And a mug of ale. Thanks."

Glancing around casually, "Seems things are fairly lively at the moment."

Duero says "Same for me, with an extra mug of ale!"