Reaperbryan

DELAYED
Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

3367 posts in this topic

Congrats to Reaper for another successful Kickstarter project.

1 person likes this

Congratulations on another great run!  Hope you are all recovering from the rush

2 people like this

Congratulations to Reaper for another successful and fun Kickstarter.

2 people like this

I was very impressed with the job the Reaper KS team did in keeping interest high, selecting goals with broad appeal, and managing big reveals even after we all knew where Ma'al was hiding. Spending huge amounts of money was never so much fun!

6 people like this

Congrats on finishing up another highly successful KS! Best one yet!

1 person likes this

I just wanted to throw my thanks in as well for a great Kickstarter. Bones 2 was my first (Still kicking myself for missing the first Bones KS), and it was a lot of fun as well, but I came in halfway through it. Seeing this one from start to finish was even more fun.

But I think the most impressive thing is how well Reaper handles it. The amount of minis that seemed to make it in based on requests is amazing! The amount that they listen/interact/keep informed is an example that other companies should take note of.

What I really want to say thank you for the most, though, is the ability to add things in for such a long time after the end. When Bones 2 came around, I was out of a job, so I went in on a core with some friends, and managed to get some cash together for a couple of add-ons (wasn't going to miss out on Khanjira and DDS2 like I did on Kaladrax), but there was a lot more I wanted to get. This time around I was ready to spend more, but then the timing of it happened to coincide with home and car insurance bills, pet vaccinations, my first trip to GenCon since it left Milwaukee, and some other expenses. I was able to pledge for a core and Ma'al, but the fact that I can now spread out what I want for close to a year is most likely going to result in my spending around $500 more, and not missing out on a lot of the things I really wanted (now that you've all got me started painting, I need those paint sets!). I am beyond happy about that! So thank you again for a fun and exciting ride, and for the excellent customer service!

I do have one question; I heard people say that there were some painting DVDs offered after the last KS, and I think someone from Reaper commented that there might be some things offered after this one was over. Is there any word on that, or is it more of an "I can neither confirm nor deny, wait and see" type of thing?

Also, is it just me, or does Ron look like the guy who plays Nolan in Defiance?

3 people like this

Sorry to bother you, and it might be too early to ask, but is there any chance the non-core sets will be broken into smaller groups for purchase/add ons?  I'm asking because I'd love to get the Behir and brain in a jar on legs and a few others. :)

Otherwise Reaper is the gold standard for me regarding miniautres kickstarters, especially with after KS updates.  You guys rock!

3 people like this

Congratulations to Reaper for another successful and fun Kickstarter. 

1 person likes this

Sorry to bother you, and it might be too early to ask, but is there any chance the non-core sets will be broken into smaller groups for purchase/add ons?  I'm asking because I'd love to get the Behir and brain in a jar on legs and a few others. :)

I guess not, otherwise I keep myself recommended for some Cthulu monsters (I don't want the steampunky chars, just the monsters) ^_^

1 person likes this

I'd be interested to see the bits that we never got to, or will they be a secret until bones IV "A New Bones"

2 people like this

Congratulations on the great kickstarter!

My wife did ask me to:

1. stop looking at my phone, the KS hadn't changed that much since the last time.

2. not to play diggy diggy hole.  

but due to recent financial gains there was no grief about the amount of money I was spending. :lol:  

9 people like this

Hmmph. All this praise for Reaper, and yet not a single humanoid Bathalian to be found in Bones. Harrumph and fiddlesticks, that Reaper would ignore my personal requests out of the thousands of backers! Harrumph, I say!

Other than that, very satisfied with the Kickstarter. I shall refrain from rendering Bryan into spell components for at least another year.

2 people like this

Exciting to hear some things may be added in as options in the Pledge Manager phase. Larger bases and clear weapons would be awesome.