3201 replies to this topic

#1 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 15147 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

POPULAR

Gathering place for all topics related to Semi-monthly updates, discussion of fulfillment, clarifications, etc.

Important links will be appended to this post.

NOTE REGARDING PLEDGE MANAGER:
Our Pledge manager will not reflect your Paid Pledge for 14-21 days (minimum - it has taken longer in the past!). so until then you may continue to add and subtract items. We will make an announcement when this changes, via the Kickstarter Update System.  For more information, see Kickstarter Update #50.

96ab46b1f593f1a4df4275606aa41a85_origina

Link to Official List of models included in Bones 3.

• Aryanun, Lidless Eye, haldir and 22 others like this

bryan@reapermini.com

#2 Jay

Jay

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

Congrats to Reaper for another successful Kickstarter project.

• Arbiter10 likes this

--- 2013 stats:  10 painted. 8 purchased. Two kickstarters.  I can paint for the rest of my life and never catch up

ks_banner_bones_2_core_set.gif

#3 Kangaroorex

Kangaroorex

Godlike

• House Figmentius
  • 3061 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

Congratulations on another great run!  Hope you are all recovering from the rush

• Arbiter10 and tiniest rhombus like this

House Figmentius

colligo vivere in aeternum

#4 zoroaster100

zoroaster100

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1636 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

Congratulations to Reaper for another successful and fun Kickstarter.
  • Arbiter10 and tiniest rhombus like this

#5 terminalmancer

terminalmancer

Godlike

• Members
  • 1194 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

I was very impressed with the job the Reaper KS team did in keeping interest high, selecting goals with broad appeal, and managing big reveals even after we all knew where Ma'al was hiding. Spending huge amounts of money was never so much fun!
  • Dilvish the Deliverer, Arbiter10, OneBoot and 3 others like this

#6 tiniest rhombus

tiniest rhombus

Dark Apprentice of Enabling

• House Figmentius
  • 4471 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

Congrats on finishing up another highly successful KS! Best one yet!
  • Arbiter10 likes this

#7 Hestis

Hestis

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

I just wanted to throw my thanks in as well for a great Kickstarter. Bones 2 was my first (Still kicking myself for missing the first Bones KS), and it was a lot of fun as well, but I came in halfway through it. Seeing this one from start to finish was even more fun.

But I think the most impressive thing is how well Reaper handles it. The amount of minis that seemed to make it in based on requests is amazing! The amount that they listen/interact/keep informed is an example that other companies should take note of.

What I really want to say thank you for the most, though, is the ability to add things in for such a long time after the end. When Bones 2 came around, I was out of a job, so I went in on a core with some friends, and managed to get some cash together for a couple of add-ons (wasn't going to miss out on Khanjira and DDS2 like I did on Kaladrax), but there was a lot more I wanted to get. This time around I was ready to spend more, but then the timing of it happened to coincide with home and car insurance bills, pet vaccinations, my first trip to GenCon since it left Milwaukee, and some other expenses. I was able to pledge for a core and Ma'al, but the fact that I can now spread out what I want for close to a year is most likely going to result in my spending around $500 more, and not missing out on a lot of the things I really wanted (now that you've all got me started painting, I need those paint sets!). I am beyond happy about that! So thank you again for a fun and exciting ride, and for the excellent customer service!

I do have one question; I heard people say that there were some painting DVDs offered after the last KS, and I think someone from Reaper commented that there might be some things offered after this one was over. Is there any word on that, or is it more of an "I can neither confirm nor deny, wait and see" type of thing?

Also, is it just me, or does Ron look like the guy who plays Nolan in Defiance?

• Arbiter10, OneBoot and tiniest rhombus like this

#8 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 15147 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

POPULAR

The amount of minis that seemed to make it in based on requests is amazing! 

<snip>

I do have one question; I heard people say that there were some painting DVDs offered after the last KS, and I think someone from Reaper commented that there might be some things offered after this one was over. Is there any word on that, or is it more of an "I can neither confirm nor deny, wait and see" type of thing?

First, while there certainly were figures that made it in entirely because of fan requests, a surprisingly large number of goals that were planned also happened to simply also be fan requests. Air Elementals, as one example, were an oft-requested reward, and that was on our list early. So it seemed like fan responsiveness, but was more a case of synchronicity. We don't necessarily work hard to dissuade fans of the notion that everything was super responsive, though.

Second - yeah, we're planning on adding a few things in the coming weeks, but I can't really say what. More options for more bases, for sure, in different sizes. Possibly more options for things like clear/transparent weapons sprues as variants to the opaque ones included. It remains to be seen.

• Aryanun, haldir, Brother Jim and 35 others like this

bryan@reapermini.com

#9 vegascat

vegascat

Godlike

• House Tabletop
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

Sorry to bother you, and it might be too early to ask, but is there any chance the non-core sets will be broken into smaller groups for purchase/add ons?  I'm asking because I'd love to get the Behir and brain in a jar on legs and a few others. :)

Otherwise Reaper is the gold standard for me regarding miniautres kickstarters, especially with after KS updates.  You guys rock!

• Arbiter10, ub3r_n3rd and Findariel like this

#10 Talae

Talae

Definitively Indecisive

• House Figmentius
  • 8325 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Congratulations to Reaper for another successful and fun Kickstarter. 

• Arbiter10 likes this

Talae's WIP Thread of Everything (including My Daughter and her Mad Paint Skills)

Spoiler

#11 Findariel

Findariel

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

Sorry to bother you, and it might be too early to ask, but is there any chance the non-core sets will be broken into smaller groups for purchase/add ons?  I'm asking because I'd love to get the Behir and brain in a jar on legs and a few others. :)

I guess not, otherwise I keep myself recommended for some Cthulu monsters (I don't want the steampunky chars, just the monsters) ^_^

• CorallineAlgae likes this

#12 talion78

talion78

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

I'd be interested to see the bits that we never got to, or will they be a secret until bones IV "A New Bones"
  • OneBoot and Morihalda like this

#13 Evilhalfling

Evilhalfling

must paint All the Things!

• House Tabletop
  • 2249 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

Congratulations on the great kickstarter!

My wife did ask me to:

1. stop looking at my phone, the KS hadn't changed that much since the last time.

2. not to play diggy diggy hole.  

but due to recent financial gains there was no grief about the amount of money I was spending. :lol:  

• ub3r_n3rd, Pingo, redambrosia and 6 others like this

"Its a game, I'm only playing" - A. E. Wiggin.
I want to get better. - my motto for painting.
Bones 2 from KS: painted 99/201

#14 JackMann

JackMann

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2127 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:14 PM

Hmmph. All this praise for Reaper, and yet not a single humanoid Bathalian to be found in Bones. Harrumph and fiddlesticks, that Reaper would ignore my personal requests out of the thousands of backers! Harrumph, I say!

Other than that, very satisfied with the Kickstarter. I shall refrain from rendering Bryan into spell components for at least another year.
  • Pegazus and KruleBear like this

#15 zoroaster100

zoroaster100

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1636 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Exciting to hear some things may be added in as options in the Pledge Manager phase. Larger bases and clear weapons would be awesome. 

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delayed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users