Reaperbryan

Fulfilling
Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

6375 posts in this topic

Definitely glad that I ordered him!

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Painted Dagon is in the Preview Gallery..

77590_p_3_mp.jpg

What I love about this picture is that with the elevated base, Dagon seems to be swimming instead of dragging himself on the ground.

13 people like this

How long did it take with KS1 and 2 to get the Bones into retail? I'm kicking myself over not backing these (well, okay, I wasn't planing on getting miniatures in 2015) and the ones from KS4 will probably take another 2 years.

I actually have less than 20 minis to paint left =/

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Nunae said:

How long did it take with KS1 and 2 to get the Bones into retail? I'm kicking myself over not backing these (well, okay, I wasn't planing on getting miniatures in 2015) and the ones from KS4 will probably take another 2 years.

They roll out stuff quickly, but they try to not overwhelm their retailers by releasing all at once, so it goes in batches month to month. I suspect each batch includes some items they know will be popular, but I also suspect they front load the most popular big ticket items a bit.

3 people like this

15 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I was still telecommuting for B1 retail release so I can't comment on how it was done as I wasn't in house for it.

For B2, we released the box set items first, because there was nothing we needed to do in the way of packaging.

Then we released the licensed products and the jumbo blisters.

After that we released the smaller blistered items in batches of about 10-15 each month. 

Those we have to package up for retail and the necessary quantities for a new release are high enough that we need the time to get it all packaged.

I expect similar to occur this time around.

12 people like this

15 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

.....Its been so long ago....what I ordered is lost in myth and legend...

You can see a list of what you ordered if you log in to ks.reapermini.com/bones3

1 hour ago, Nunae said:

To support what LadyStorm said, The timeline was different for each.

For Bones 1 we packaged up thousands of everything, which took up a huge amount of space and then released all 237 SKUs simultaneously. It took us almost a year to complete the process of packaging all of these  items.

For Bones 2 we released them, as LS says, in smaller groups, anywhere from 5 to 25 SKUs per month, and it still took 8-10 months total to have released everything. 

The big difference between the two processes is the second process requires less warehousing space, and also (from a pure business standpoint) we're able to make sales off the early releases while packaging the later ones, whereas with the first approach, all inventory was "dark" (not salable and consuming resources without generating revenue) for an extended period.

I would anticipate that we will follow an approach more similar to Bones 2 - releasing the Box Set items first,  then licensed figures, and then interspersing the ~29 Chronoscope models and the 200+ DHbones models in smaller once a month release groups. If previous patterns lend predictability, i might expect the overall releases process to begin May 2017 with Box Sets, and somewhere close to 10-15 months to release the remainder.

Yes, at 20 a month there's enough SKUs to keep us going for over a year...

13 people like this

Thank you for your answers!

I suppose releasing them in smaller groups each month is healthier for me as a customer as well, since I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford to buy everything nice at once anyway. Now I'll just hope the things I want the most won't be released dead last, and that the local retailers will pick everything up in a timely fashion.

5 people like this

4 hours ago, Nunae said:

Thank you for your answers!

I suppose releasing them in smaller groups each month is healthier for me as a customer as well, since I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford to buy everything nice at once anyway. Now I'll just hope the things I want the most won't be released dead last, and that the local retailers will pick everything up in a timely fashion.

Unless we wildly break precedent, I would expect that the standard Dark Heaven Bones release grouping will more or less follow the order in which they are presented on the graphics within the project, top down. this is mostly because when we assign part numbers, we do so using the spreadsheets which we used to (detailed logistical explanation), and so they're more or less in the same order. so the SKUs tend to also be in the "Everything in the Core Set, numbered more or less in the order you see it, then the next image, then the next, etc." order. To prevent big gaps in our release sequence, we are most likely to release 77399-77420 (or something similar to that) and then 421-440, etc. 

So you can get a rough idea how quickly something will release by seeing where it falls on the KS project graphics. Close enough until the actual release schedule is public, at any rate.

6 people like this

6 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

You can see a list of what you ordered if you log in to ks.reapermini.com/bones3

But.....there are no pictures... :(

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

But.....there are no pictures... :(

That you get by visiting the KS campaign page and match up your list with the stuff shown there. Not that anyone here has probably done that...multiple times now...or anything along those lines.

8 people like this

32 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

That you get by visiting the KS campaign page and match up your list with the stuff shown there. Not that anyone here has probably done that...multiple times now...or anything along those lines.

uuuhhhh that's work....

2 people like this

That's why I saved images of each expansion that I ordered!  Of course, the Mythos and Graveyard images don't work very well on my tablet, but the others are just fine.

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

uuuhhhh that's work....

Yeah but for a lot of us it's just "scroll down and know that you're probably getting at least one of everything you see that you like".

7 people like this

15 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:

Yeah but for a lot of us it's just "scroll down and know that you're probably getting at least one of everything you see that you like".

For me its....Did I get that?...Oh I hope I got that....

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:

Probably? 

4 people like this