Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

2 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Yeah I forgot there was not one today.  I also refuse to go back to the PM and see how much over budget I was and what things I got that I am just not remembering.  Hopefully by the end of the month I will have them all delivered here at the office and can cart everything home.  Maybe one mini at a time so things don't get too crazy at home. :)

That would take me a lots of trips. Going one at a time would last me at least until KS4 delivers...

• Like 6

I...remember...everything I pledged for....

MMWWWHHUUAAHHHAAARRROOOOOO!!!!

But what to paint first? I guess since I'm absorbed obsessed working on my Lost World Project a lot, it will be the Jungle Plants, the Jungle Titan and the Plant Dragon.

Maybe the Naga....

• Like 9

On 3/29/2017 at 0:15 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

There is someone who is giggling uncontrollably at all of this ship-watching. You know who you are.

On 3/29/2017 at 0:30 PM, Dwarf-Lord said:

Yeah. We all secretly know that Reaper has its own fleet of cargo dragons. 

Boats? Never.

Ever Envoy (one of the other candidate ships) just popped up about 100 miles out, inbound for LA. 

• Like 6

On 3/31/2017 at 9:32 AM, David Brawley said:

I got all excited thinking we were getting an update today... ::P:  I mean, there probably isn't anything to say other than "The ship arrived" but still... 

Ever Sigma has left LA and will be transiting the Golden Gate in the next couple of hours. 

Ever Envoy is now docked exactly where Ever Sigma was 48 hours ago. 

Edited by TGP
Ship watching.
  • Like 5

*Fingers crossed that the shipment is through customs by Friday's update*

I think the BFG is going to be my Reapercon entry for the ordnance category. I'm sure it won't be the only one...

• Like 6

On 3/29/2017 at 0:15 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

There is someone who is giggling uncontrollably at all of this ship-watching. You know who you are.

Oh,  think it's hilarious. The plus side is that someone was right. And the video they posted of the ship in port made me laugh.

On 3/31/2017 at 9:32 AM, David Brawley said:

I got all excited thinking we were getting an update today... ::P:  I mean, there probably isn't anything to say other than "The ship arrived" but still... 

Our next update is Friday April 7

Our current status is as it was before - the container has not yet cleared customs. Heck, I don't have records yet of whether or not the train has arrived in Dallas. But I will have those before Friday

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Oh,  think it's hilarious. The plus side is that someone was right. And the video they posted of the ship in port made me laugh.

Now you've just set off a mad scramble of people going back through this thread to find the video.

• Like 8

The video itself wasn't humorous. I was amused at the depth of effort the poster went through to track a relatively trivial (from my perspective) part of the process.

• Like 10

Strangely enough seeing the video made it real for me.  My stuff is in that ship right there....

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Strangely enough seeing the video made it real for me.  My stuff is in that ship right there....

Exactly. It's a very visual, almost tangible part of the process. A real sign of progress!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I was amused at the depth of effort the poster went through to track a relatively trivial (from my perspective) part of the process.

You could almost say that you have some rabid fans.

Feel free to substitute dedicated, obsessed, or fanatical as you see fit. ::D:

The BFG as an ordinance entry is a very good idea, David Brawley. I'm glad I'm getting one.

• Like 6

Looking forward to the Transparent Plastic Weapon swaps Sprues most atm. I have ideas for using some of those already. As for the minis themselves, I need to remind myself about them first. It has been Soooooo long since the KS that I cannot remember any of them for sure. I'm thinking of just not reminding myself about them so I have a real sense of Surprise at pretty much everything I pull out of the box! Course though, I don't deal well with most surprises. So, I'm wondering about what to do.

GF

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

The video itself wasn't humorous. I was amused at the depth of effort the poster went through to track a relatively trivial (from my perspective) part of the process.

I was the one who posted the video, but it wasn't any depth of effort.

As a translator, researching is an important part of my job.

Googling Evergreen ships out of Hong Kong pales into insignificance when it comes to researching the English readings of Chinese words in Japanese :)

Give me painting miniatures any day.

Edited by Dwarf-Lord
  • Like 16

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      The Hobby Holder is a better way to paint miniatures, period.
      There are so many awesome miniature games on the market right now like Kingdom Death, Shadows of Brimstone and Descent to name a few as well as some great RPGs (anyone else excited about Starfinder?) and tabletop and wargames. Not to mention all those Bones miniatures from Reaper that will need more than a little bit of paint.
      Enter the Hobby Holder, a versatile, all-in-one miniature painting holder and grip system that’s not just for gamers but for hobbyists of all kinds.

Ideal for painting, sculpting, model building and more!

Accepts Popular and Household Painting Base Options
      Accepts standard 28mm soda caps; Games Workshop - Citadel ™ Paint Caps; Privateer Press - Formula P3 paint caps; and 20mm cork inserts.
      Offset handle accommodates various height miniatures while allowing for painting and airbrushing from any angle.

Lots of room all around your miniature.
      55mm from base to under side of the handle and 25mm from center of base to the side of the handle
      Unique QuickClick attachment allows you to easily switch between grip, handle and base-only configurations and provides 360-degree rotation for ultimate control.

Dozens of positioning options to fit your painting style, including the ability to use the handle as a brush or tool support as well as a table rest for greater control.

Accepts wider base options in grip and handle position - great for dungeon scenery or larger miniatures.

More Great Features
      Made from strong, yet lightweight ABS plastic 4mm center hole for removing corks. Just push a brush, file or cork popper through and out pops the cork. Ergonomically designed and tested for maximum comfort while painting or sculpting Dishwasher safe for quick cleaning Can be stripped with Super Clean or Simple Green to clean at a project’s completion, as well as while miniatures are still attached to restart a project Reduced mess! Keeps your hands and work space cleaner Made in the USA Perfect for tabletop gamers, war gamers, and board gamers to get to the game faster with more awesome miniatures Great for everyone – from those just getting into a hobby to seasoned professionals!  
    • By SGHawkins09
      This is live.

Some highlights from the main page:

About this project

Welcome to the Infinity RPG Kickstarter, help us fund an RPG based on the massive Infinity skirmish miniatures game!

The Infinity universe was launched by Corvus Belli as a hugely-popular tabletop skirmish game in which sci-fi themed miniatures simulated futuristic battles across the alien battlefronts of Paradiso and the internecine conflicts of the Human Sphere. Before there was a skirmish game, though, there was an RPG: Infinity started life as a homemade RPG setting for the early roleplaying adventures of Corvus Belli founders Alberto, Carlos, Fernando, and Gutier. We've been playtesting the Infinity RPG with hundreds of people for the last 9 months, working hard to recapture the excitement of those first sessions and ensure that the feel of the Infinity universe will be captured in your own campaign!
      This Kickstarter has funded the production of a beautiful full colour, hardback 368 page core rulebook for the roleplaying game. It will be sent out in PDF in December and the printed books in February 2016. We are also going to fund Faction supplements, campaign, amazing geomorphic tiles, custom dice, accessories, upgrades to increase the content in certain books and much more.

In the twisted jungles of Paradiso, humanity fights for its survival. The fierce, alien warriors of the Combined Army have poured through the Acheron Gate, descending upon the emerald jungles of the newest colonial world in a seemingly unstoppable torrent. The bestial Morat pound the Paradiso Front, where brave men and women fight ceaselessly to maintain a desperate defensive line which the sly Shasvastii penetrate with devastating ease. In the star-swept skies above, the collected might of humanity’s armadas maintain a life-or-death blockade to cut off an endless horde of alien reinforcements. And if any of humanity’s fractious forces should falter, then all may be lost…
      But beyond that terrifying holding action, the intrigues and adventures of the Human Sphere spin on. Space pirates cruise through the shattered planetoids of Human Edge. Scientist adventurers delve the oceans of Varuna. Merchant guilds scheme amidst the scourging sands of Bourak. From Yutang, the Emperor gazes forth from an uneasy throne. Titanic war machines stride across the icy plains of Svalarheima. Byzantine hypercorps struggle for dominance amidst the chrome towers of Neoterra.
      For the last ten years, players have tested their mettle upon the battlefields of the Human Sphere in Corvus Belli’s hugely-popular Infinity skirmish game. Now you can expand your adventures, diving deep into the amazing, never-before-seen depths of the Infinity universe with the ultimate science fiction roleplaying game.

Play with the full dynamic 2d20 game system featuring:
      Cinematic action driven by the twin engines of Heat and Momentum The triple battlefields of Warfare, Infowar, and Psywar A multifaceted Zones system which brings the game world to life All New Artwork of the Infinity universe commissioned by Modiphius and Corvus Belli Find out more about the 2d20 System further down the page Explore the definitive guide to the Infinity universe with: A complete Chronology of the Human Sphere detailing centuries of bloodshed The culture, history, and intrigue of seven powerful factions Gazetteers for all twelve planets of the Human Sphere, including beautiful, full-color maps Leap into your character by: Forging your identity with an immersive Lifepath character creation system Fighting for your faction with the fractious, innovative Wilderness of Mirrors scenario design system Facing dozens of fearsome, ready-to-play adversaries who stand between you and your destiny! A 368 page book packed with everything you need to roleplay in the Human Sphere and beyond!
      Here are our popular Pledge Levels, we'll be adding more as they are unlocked. Note: There will be more Bostria Art Pledges for the Core and Supplements unlocked, we'll send an update before they are so you have a chance to grab one

ETA: Link to Kickstarter
    • By The Gibbergeist
      Hi,

Hope you don't mind me sharing my little Kickstarter. It's about a collection of circus oddities in 1/35th scale. :)
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859512613/freak-circus

• By pcktlnt
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/rail-raiders-infinite

I skipped some of the other information. Stretch goal, game play, unlocks.

Chibis!

--- Edit ---
      Flipped the two posts as per Darsc's suggestion. :D
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wyrmwood/the-wyrmwood-magnetic-game-master-screen?ref=category_newest

From Wyrmwood: a GM Screen that will change the way you play your favorite roleplaying games. It is the only screen you'll ever need.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)