Reaperbryan

Fulfilling
Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

6375 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Factory Shutdown is not exactly accurate.

Many facets of our routine will not change.

personnel will be shifted from certain areas to cover fulfillment and we will be working in shared space.

there will be no impact to availability of the Anniversary models.

they will continue to release on schedule.

internet order fulfillment will continue as normal.

Edited by ladystorm
clarity
14 people like this

Woot!

I was going to post a humorous comment on the kickstarter comments section about doing order fulfillment in reverse alphabetical order but those guys don't look to merry. The container didn't sink at sea and we are soon to get our minis and its like Reaper kicked their dog over there.

I, for one, need to clear a space on my painting table and finish off a bunch of half-finished minis in preparation for the new arrivals. Christmas in May or June (I hope) for me.

7 people like this

8 minutes ago, Jason Zavoda said:

Woot!

I was going to post a humorous comment on the kickstarter comments section about doing order fulfillment in reverse alphabetical order but those guys don't look to merry. The container didn't sink at sea and we are soon to get our minis and its like Reaper kicked their dog over there.

I, for one, need to clear a space on my painting table and finish off a bunch of half-finished minis in preparation for the new arrivals. Christmas in May or June (I hope) for me.

The comments on the update seem pretty cheerful.

5 people like this

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

I was reading the general comments.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Lots to cheer about in that update. :winkthumbs:

3 people like this

In general my perspective is that the General Comment so far have been much nicer than they had been prior to the final container details being known and announced. A few negative posts today is nothing compared the storms I've waded into.

And let me be honest, we've failed to meet projections, and failed to meet expectations. I understand their angst and frustration, even as I recognize the causes and realities of doing business with partners overseas.

So I don't let it bug me.

15 people like this

1 hour ago, Jason Zavoda said:

Woot!

Ermagherd. My wife will be out of town for 3 weeks in June. I anticipate a lot of painting minis and eating pizza off my chest in my future.

8 people like this

30 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

In general my perspective is that the General Comment so far have been much nicer than they had been prior to the final container details being known and announced. A few negative posts today is nothing compared the storms I've waded into.

And let me be honest, we've failed to meet projections, and failed to meet expectations. I understand their angst and frustration, even as I recognize the causes and realities of doing business with partners overseas.

I was a negative nelly myself during Reaper 1 fulfillment, but my kickstarter experiences were very new that point. At this point I know that Reaper is going to fulfill the kickstarter and the Bones minis are going to be fantastic. I'm still painting Bones 2 minis and I'm really looking forward to Bones 3 especially the add-ons. I can only say that those who avoid future Bones kickstarters who like the minis are going to regret it just because of delays. The kickstarters are fantastic deals and the waiting has changed from frustrating to anticipation for me. 

13 people like this

30 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

I wish more people saw it that way. I don't understand why people start throwing personal attacks at someone who is expressing their opinions about a product or is unhappy about a project. Products and projects aren't people. We can disagree with somebody else's point without condescension or personal attacks. Only makes things worse anyway. Although, pretty much all of us have gone-off on backers at some point. Isn't that kinda how you got your avatar? Atomic breath and all. <_<

Anyway, I'm thrilled with this update. Looks like somebody put in a lot of thought about how to present that wealth of information. 

4 minutes ago, Jason Zavoda said:

I was a negative nelly myself during Reaper 1 fulfillment, but my kickstarter experiences were very new that point. At this point I know that Reaper is going to fulfill the kickstarter and the Bones minis are going to be fantastic. I'm still painting Bones 2 minis and I'm really looking forward to Bones 3 especially the add-ons. I can only say that those who avoid future Bones kickstarters who like the minis are going to regret it just because of delays.

The kickstarters are fantastic deals and the waiting has changed from frustrating to anticipation for me. 

Agreed. although I do hope that these new ones will be a good bit firmer than the previous ones. I heard that they should be, which is pretty exciting. Other manufacturers are now using firmer PVC that holds more detail and isn't nearly as prone to bending over. Great time to be a gamer!

Nothing at all wrong with feeling frustrated or disappointed about late delivery. Just means you REALLY want the shiny new minis. ::D:

5 people like this

I look forward to fulfilment, and while my husband is impatient and a bit cynical about when that'll be, i'm willing to wait until the arrive. I'm Wave 2 so i know i won't be waiting till the very end

8 people like this

Without having to read thru 200+ pages....what is the latest update for the Kickstarter 3 stuff to start shipping in the US ??

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

You should only have to go to the project page and click on the latest update.  No pages.   In fact, I'll link it for you.  Or link to the link.  You get the idea.

7 people like this

4 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

I look forward to fulfilment, and while my husband is impatient and a bit cynical about when that'll be, i'm willing to wait until the arrive. I'm Wave 2 so i know i won't be waiting till the very end

I got wave 3 this time, so I'll be getting mine faster than ever. Not that it's very slow once they get going. ::D:

3 people like this

So excited!
MY CRUSADERS ARE ALMOST HOME!!!!

In other news, storage is a real thing, and I'm going to need to ramp up my upcoming games to prove it was worth both the cost and wait.

TERRAIN AHOY

5 people like this

I was going to hit IKEA for some of the 'Samla' plastic bins this easter, anyway, so storage is sorted for me... 

I noticed one backer was yapping about 'EU Friendly' shipping. Thank goodness Reaper doesn't do that!

(Mostly it's a scam, and some day soon one of the 're-shippers' doing it will get raided and their goods impounded)

Another backer mentions 7 waves and 13K backers, and estimates 13 - 14 days to ship everything. 

But... I'm on Wave 10. (Post-KS participant, joined through the PM. )

I'll just assume that it goes out the door within a month after shipping starts, then add another month for the USPS and the Norwegian Post to mishandle it, another 2 - 3 weeks for customs to thoroughly mislay it, then hurriedly find and slap on a huge fee (in addition to VAT) for 'rent of storage space'... 

I usually take an early summer vacation... Odds are that the crate shows up about the time it begins... Now isn't THAT good timing?  ;-)

6 people like this