Reaperbryan

Fulfilling
Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

4179 posts in this topic

I had a question, hopefully not a terrible one.

In the possible event of a defective bones 3 miniature, Say a miniature is missing a component or is damaged/severely malformed, is there a standard procedure for reporting/requesting replacements or are the miniatures as-is?

Thank you for thoroughly explaining shipping procedure.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, dreamakuma said:

I had a question, hopefully not a terrible one.

In the possible event of a defective bones 3 miniature, Say a miniature is missing a component or is damaged/severely malformed, is there a standard procedure for reporting/requesting replacements or are the miniatures as-is?

Thank you for thoroughly explaining shipping procedure.

Quoted from the most recent Update:

"One last Update will be made once we're done. This Update will include directions for how to handle any errors in packaging, or what to do if you've discovered you neglected to fill out the Pledge Manager in the first place."

While the standard procedure of emailing Reaper at their help email is true under normal circumstances, there is a chance it may be different for Bones 3 issues. I recommend waiting for that Update to get the correct information. :)

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
8 people like this

21 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

In previous years there was some discussion of forumites/KS backers organizing a pizza party for the hard-working Reaper staff working on fulfillment. Is that something those of you at Reaper would appreciate, this year?

No.

Thanks for thinking of us, but no.

We can't accept gifts and if you like us enough to gift,  you like us enough to allow us to stay employed.

So, no.

12 people like this

Are all the paints and DVDs just sitting in the warehouse ready for the minis to get to the warehouse?

Quick question on this KS.  Do we know how many minis there are?  I was sharing info with a friend on the core and add ons and when it came to mentioning how many minis were in the sets I had no clue really.  Tried to find some info but the best I could do was eyeball the images on campaign but did not want to try and count each one.  If anyone else has done so can you give me a number? I guess the ones I wanted to add up were Core, Stoneskull Expansion, and Graveyard Expansion.  I did not get the Mythos so was less concerned with the total in it. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Quick question on this KS.  Do we know how many minis there are?  I was sharing info with a friend on the core and add ons and when it came to mentioning how many minis were in the sets I had no clue really.  Tried to find some info but the best I could do was eyeball the images on campaign but did not want to try and count each one.  If anyone else has done so can you give me a number? I guess the ones I wanted to add up were Core, Stoneskull Expansion, and Graveyard Expansion.  I did not get the Mythos so was less concerned with the total in it. 

Depends on how you count them. Do you count the 12 weapons of "Arsenal" as 12, 1, or 0?

My spreadsheets have the most accurate information on what exactly is included, but I count each weapon (in each color it is available) as a line, for tracking and recording purposes, and so my sheets list over 500. (30 different weapons, in 6 different total colors = 180 weapons alone!)

A quick scan of my sheets, though, I get 130 models in the Core, 35 in Stoneskull, 30 in Mythos, 40 in Graveyard (although I didn't really count each fence part properly) and another roughly 120 possible available as Options either on the KS or via the PM. 

Those counts are rough approximations, and may be off by 2-5 in any given direction. Counting terrain features, weapons, and the like as miniatures bothers some people, but I did clearly count the various tombstones and statues and such. I did not count the weapons. How you want to classify those is up to you.

11 people like this

2 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Do you think the Customs office is also counting each weapon ... ?

Customs counts models on the same sprue as 1 item. So Arsenal, a Sprue with 24 weapons, is 1 item, not 24.

Likewise they count models in the same packaging* as 1 item, so "Chill Out" with 5 models is also 1 item. This works whether in baggies or blister packs. Note that the box of a hundred models isn't "qty 1 box" it's "qty 20 sets" where each set has 5 models.

there's nuances I'm not going to get across in 10 sentences, but this is a "close enough" answer.

*there are limits, but each of our bags is labeled and tagged as a distinct unit with properties (names, numbers) matching the invoices paid, and that's sufficient. It would not improve the situation by putting all rewards in one bag and labeling them as "Kickstarter rewards, Qty 1". 

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

Is my understanding correct that from a German perspective this is now Euro-friendly? Wow ... thank you! This is a huge plus for me ... (means I have about $50 more to spend on Bones IV).

Edit: correction: I would have had to pay custom fees on Bones IV, too, otherwise ... means I have about $100 more to spend on bones IV ...

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
5 people like this

3 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Is my understanding correct that from a German perspective this is now Euro-friendly? Wow ... thank you! This is a huge plus for me ... (means I have about $50 more to spend on Bones IV).

Edit: correction: I would have had to pay custom fees on Bones IV, too, otherwise ... means I have about $100 more to spend on bones IV ...

Yes, this means we're moving towards Euro-friendly shipping for the future. 

It is our hope, if this goes well, to transition not only kickstarters, but our regular web store to eu-friendly shipping from within the UK. We hope this saves all of our backers more money in the form of fewer customs fees and taxes.

13 people like this

21 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Yes, this means we're moving towards Euro-friendly shipping for the future. 

It is our hope, if this goes well, to transition not only kickstarters, but our regular web store to eu-friendly shipping from within the UK. We hope this saves all of our backers more money in the form of fewer customs fees and taxes.

What will the UK pulling out of the EU do to this? if Anything....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, knarthex said:

What will the UK pulling out of the EU do to this? if Anything....

It is my understanding that it will take about two years or so for the UK to leave the EU (if it really, really happens).

If the UK leaves, nobody can say at the moment what will happen concerning goods being shipped between the EU and the UK and vice versa ...

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
3 people like this

So are the Conan minis going to be available from Reaper?

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I'll celebrate this news with you Knight. Gotta say, even though I'm a US backer, I'm happy to see that international backers get their orders packaged and sent out the door first. It would be great if it could be standard practice whenever possible. It isn't always possible, but it seems downright polite whenever I see it happen. 

6 people like this