Reaperbryan

Fulfilling
Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

4179 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2017 at 5:00 PM, Talae said:

Any chance packages are shipping out of Rockwall, TX?

it would really take something unusual for us to uproot our entire operation to Rockwall in the next couple of days. 

All of the stuff* is in Denton, all of our equipment is in Denton, and all of our people are in Denton.

I think you can probably safely draw conclusions about where the ship from address will be**.

*I mean some of it is about to not be, very soon, but technically even the UK stuff is still in denton as I type this.

**Denton.

20 people like this

4 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

**Denton.

Two things.  

1. All I hear in my head when you say it is "Denton, The Home of Happiness".

2 Since this is my first time actually having a KS shipped to me I was wondering if it will be treated like anything shipped from warehouse?  Do i get the same email with tracking info?

5 people like this

Backers with 'non western latin' characters needs to edit their address?

But at least some of the characters listed ARE in the 'Western Latin' code pages. 

Is the fulfillment system using different SW than the normal shopping cart system?

I have the 'å' character in my address, and that has always worked on normal orders.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Since this is my first time actually having a KS shipped to me I was wondering if it will be treated like anything shipped from warehouse?  Do i get the same email with tracking info?

No, it is not the same as an internet order.

Yes, you will get a tracking email.

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Is the fulfillment system using different SW than the normal shopping cart system?

It is our experience that those non standard (from the English alphabet) characters cause errors on shipping labels.  If possible, help us get your label right and change the characters or returned packages will likely happen.  I don't want returned packages that are preventable by a simple address edit on your (generic you, not specific) label.

Yes, it has different software than our normal shopping cart.

If you chose to email help@reapermini.com about this project, you MUST identify which Kickstarter project you are communicating about.

There are seven different kickstarters and regular internet orders that all filter through that one email box.  Asking about "my order" or about "my pledge" or "bones" does not allow us to help you without back and forth email exchange.

DON'T be that person.  

Help@reapermini needs the following information to assist you:

Your name (first & last), your shipping address, the project you are asking about (or specify internet order if applicable)

YOUR ORDER NUMBER <--- almost the most important piece of information out there

the email address used in the pledge manager and in kickstarter, if different

a brief (seriously, if more than 2 sentences, it is too long) description of the issue.

NEVER send attachments or images unless requested

If you failed to lock in your pledge at this point, no matter your reasons, you will have to wait for the SOD (replacement/corrections) process after fulfillment is over.

14 people like this

Thanks. 

Replaced the 'å' with 'aa'.

For Norway at least, 'æ' can be replaced with 'ae', 'ø' with 'oe' and 'å' with 'aa' 

But for Norway, Sweden and Denmark, it won't matter much if the recipient name, address or the town is a bit 'off' and maybe missing a character or two as long as the postal code is correct, it'll take a really, really elfed off postalworker for the package not to get it to the right place. 

I once got a package with 'Gadgetman' instead of my name... 

(The lady at the local post office giggled a bit about that... )

21 people like this

On 5/13/2017 at 4:22 AM, Gadgetman! said:

But at least some of the characters listed ARE in the 'Western Latin' code pages. 

I have the 'å' character in my address, and that has always worked on normal orders.

Ladystorm is right. We oversimplified the nature of the problem, because 99.99% of our backers really don't need the technical information.

Our database stores the å just fine. My paperwork (internal documents) print out the å just fine.

We export our data into one of multiple possible other databases, as needed by the shipper - that is, it goes into UPS's database if we ship UPS, or US Postal Service if we use that, etc.

In our experience, SOME of these do not import these characters well, and we end up with å being changed to a string like "&Aring;" (or variations - I know the Portuguese character à never seems to import properly). This is usually because of an encoding issue, such as UTF-8, UTF-16, or some other database encoding system being used - the character is, after all, just a string of 1's and zeroes, and the encoding type define what each string of 1's and 0's is going to render as to be human-readable. If you'd like to more about encoding, I suggest Google. But the upshot is that while we try to get everything right, encoding differences seem to wreak havoc with non-"US-English" letters more often than not.

Because we do not want ANY packages returned because of PREVENTABLE errors, we greatly oversimplified the nature of the problem and just ask everyone to not use characters that are not likely to be found on a keyboard made in the USA.

13 people like this

Does anyone know what service Reaper will be using to ship to Canada?

Thanks!

4 people like this

If the "shipping tracker" type thing does get implemented, would that come in the standard KS update as well? Or would it be somewhat aside from saying that shipping has begun?

1 person likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 9:03 AM, ladystorm said:

[ADMIN]

this is the time of the project when light hearted banter and chatter  in this informational thread becomes a problem for us.

Please, please refrain from using this thread for the fun conversations.  

Please let us answer serious questions and address concerns without the attempts at humor that derail the conversation and net us angry emails and confused phone calls.

[/ADMIN]

5 people like this

Question on that.  I have seen some serious looking questions.  Then 30 min later they are gone.  Where can people go to ask these questions they have that are being deleted?  I only ask because I have seen multiple people ask the same thing over a couple days and all end up being removed.

5 people like this

It is kind of strange.  I get deleted all the time and for the most part agree with it..but a couple comments Ive made didn't seem to merit it...its puzzling...

6 people like this

Reaper Miniatures 5-time creator about 7 hours ago

We're pulling and shipping, but the information we wanted to have for the Update isn't available. Sorry for the delays

Pulling and shipping what at this point? Are Zones 1 & 2 out the door? 

3 people like this

We have had a few Canadians report having received Shipping Notices on the KS Comments page . . . Including a couple of Wave 2 backers . . . 

4 people like this