Reaperbryan

Fulfilling
Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

6375 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Maredudd said:

We have had a few Canadians report having received Shipping Notices on the KS Comments page . . . Including a couple of Wave 2 backers . . . 

I got a shipping notice. I believe I'm wave 4. Exciting!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, lexomatic said:

I got a shipping notice. I believe I'm wave 4. Exciting!

How soon after the PM went live did you lock in? What Country?

Nexrmind . . . I see your in Toronto! 

Edited by Maredudd
1 person likes this

I see other Canadians are getting notifications too. A little concerned that it is UPS but I'm not sure what "trade direct cross border" means...so maybe all the Canadian orders are coming over in one load and then being distributed?

Really hoping we aren't going to have to deal with UPSs creative brokerage fees....

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

US wave 1 no notice ...

notice received for Canada wave 4... So... ?

Edited by Smokestack
1 person likes this

Just now, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I see other Canadians are getting notifications too. A little concerned that it is UPS but I'm not sure what "trade direct cross border" means...so maybe all the Canadian orders are coming over in one load and then being distributed?

Really hoping we aren't going to have to deal with UPSs creative brokerage fees....

That is what I'm thinking too. 
look on the bright side....at least its not Fed Ex

1 person likes this

It's looking like Reaper created a Zone 3a, Canada, and Zone 3b, US +

1 person likes this

I'm in a group on face book and someone brought up that Dwarven forge KS and Zombicide will be basically at the same time.  If Reaper finishes quickly we might see a triple threat in the KS. 

Kickstarter wallet massacre...

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Maredudd said:

It's looking like Reaper created a Zone 3a, Canada, and Zone 3b, US +

So, The waves do really mean nothing. Rest of world wave 1-7, then Canada Waves 1-7, so Wave 1 US has turned into wave 15... ? With literally everyone else getting shipped out first?

"And Zone 3 is North and South America, the Caribbean, and related territories (including APO addresses). "

So, in theory South America, the Caribbean and related territories could be bumped up in line too...

1 minute ago, Smokestack said:

So, The waves do really mean nothing. Rest of world wave 1-7, then Canada Waves 1-7, so Wave 1 US has turned into wave 15... ? With literally everyone else getting shipped out first?

From my understanding, not really.  Wave 1 and 2 are shipping bulk amounts to secondary distribution hubs, where they will then be picked and shipped.  So what they've been doing is putting 5000 of mall in a container, then 3000 crypts, etc.
Now I suspect they need to bundle all the Canadian orders to ship across at once for cost reasons.
Then they will start with wave 1 shipping directly from the US.  And Wave 1 US backers will still be getting their stuff (likely) weeks before Canadian backers, since Canada Customs will be involved.....

Again, that's just my understanding.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

If that is the case, then the shipping update is false.

"We will be dividing backers into 3 Zones. Zone 1 is Europe (including the Balkan states) and Africa. Zone 2 is Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Japan, and the Pacific. And Zone 3 is North and South America, the Caribbean, and related territories (including APO addresses).

Zone 1 & 2 orders are being pulled first, in wave order, and will be shipped to the UK and Australia, respectively. From our new partners in these countries, they will be shipped out to individual backers. This should mean a great savings in VAT, taxes, fees, and other duties on your end.

It is expected that pulling Zone 1 & 2 orders will take approximately 2 days.

Once Zone 1 & 2 Orders are pulled and en route to their respective fulfillment hubs, we will begin pulling Zone 3 orders, which will ship from our Denton, Texas facility like always. By pulling Zones 1 & 2 first, we hope to have them arriving in the UK and Australia just as the first US backers are receiving their parcels.

Backers in all 3 zones will receive emails from the shipper with tracking information.

Canadian backers are reporting that the shipping origin is from within Canada, so the "all zone 3 will be shipping from Denton" is not true, or at least appears not to be...

Edited by Smokestack

I expect that the "Canadian Issue" is what they were sorting out that has kept them from giving an update.  What was in the last update was the plan then, but I suspect that a better option has become available.

So folks on KS are saying that in UPS it is showing as shipping from Ontario (the Canadian one).  If so it is a huge benefit to us Canadians who've been watching our dollar drop continually against the US dollar and dreading the tax bill on our silly big orders.  34 lbs of plastic minis....oh my....

Canada is only 932 backers, so that's only a couple of hours for them to pull everything, if they are getting anywhere near their rate from last time.

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I expect that the "Canadian Issue" is what they were sorting out that has kept them from giving an update.  What was in the last update was the plan then, but I suspect that a better option has become available.

So folks on KS are saying that in UPS it is showing as shipping from Ontario (the Canadian one).  If so it is a huge benefit to us Canadians who've been watching our dollar drop continually against the US dollar and dreading the tax bill on our silly big orders.  34 lbs of plastic minis....oh my....

Canada is only 932 backers, so that's only a couple of hours for them to pull everything, if they are getting anywhere near their rate from last time.

That would sort of explain their cryptic comment on the KS page.  They had to know though that people would be all like "YAY I got my notice"

31 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

US wave 1 no notice ...

notice received for Canada wave 4... So... ?

Same here.

24 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

"And Zone 3 is North and South America, the Caribbean, and related territories (including APO addresses). "

So, in theory South America, the Caribbean and related territories could be bumped up in line too...

That's what it's looking like. If that's the case then it's fine with me. Europeans, Canadians, Asians, AU/NZ, and ROW backers are all pretty small groups of backers. They also have to worry about import. have the longest shipping times, and didn't get free shipping.

This definitely wasn't what Reaper promised during the kickstarter, but it would be a good system to use going forward. Hope Bones 4 has something like this listed under "shipping".

I live one state over from Texas, pay no shipping or fees, and get my box a couple of days after it's sent off. Can't blame Reaper for trying to help foreign backers get their stuff in closer to the time we get them. Seems eminently fair and carries more than a token gesture of goodwill. :winkthumbs: :winkthumbs:

10 people like this

I don't mind changes, so long as said changes are communicated.

4 people like this