Reaperbryan

Fulfilling
Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

6375 posts in this topic

I show two dates on mine, because i added something later. Not sure which date they go off of. But , i doubt my position in the wave will make much difference. I"m wave 2 and am happy to wait until they show up

4 people like this

Very excited to see shipping notices going out, US wave 1 here can't wait, it's so close!

2 people like this

Ironically, I am Wave 3 and locked in on Aug 19th too LOL.. I was as fast as the computer would let me lock in and I still got in the 3rd wave. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I expect that the "Canadian Issue" is what they were sorting out that has kept them from giving an update.  What was in the last update was the plan then, but I suspect that a better option has become available.

So folks on KS are saying that in UPS it is showing as shipping from Ontario (the Canadian one).  If so it is a huge benefit to us Canadians who've been watching our dollar drop continually against the US dollar and dreading the tax bill on our silly big orders.  34 lbs of plastic minis....oh my....

Canada is only 932 backers, so that's only a couple of hours for them to pull everything, if they are getting anywhere near their rate from last time.

From the UPS Trade Direct Cross Border Page:

FEATURES

• Consolidated customs clearance

So yeah, I'm guessing UPS is bringing them over in bulk, possibly into one of our FTZs and then will distribute them locally within Canada. I don't have the details as I won't get a notice like that; I used my USPS P.O. Box for this specifically so that I wouldn't have to deal with UPS bringing anything over the border for me.

Also got my shipping notice several hours ago. 28.2 lbs weight.

Like everyone else, I am curious at how everything will unfold. And I have my own reasons to wonder how it will change.

- Bones 1: shipped at home address

- Bones 2: shipped at co-pledger's work address.

- Bones 3: shipped to my Canada P.O. address.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Mostly people are ticked that Reaper promised an update and then didn't send one out.  Which, when there is evidence in the wild that they are past the point of the promised update and haven't sent it, does legitimately irritate the people with "poor communication" pet peeves.  I don't care what they are doing, but I'd like to know what it is. 

I thought updates came out on Fridays? (It's not Friday yet.) This sounds like people complaining that Reaper is getting a move on with shipping :huh: and maybe is bit ahead of where Reaper expected to be?

3 people like this

35 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

I show two dates on mine, because i added something later. Not sure which date they go off of. But , i doubt my position in the wave will make much difference. I"m wave 2 and am happy to wait until they show up

The go off the first date.  I know that was mentioned in one of the updates but I don't know which it was off the top of my head.

5 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

The go off the first date.  I know that was mentioned in one of the updates but I don't know which it was off the top of my head.

That was in Update #99, under the "Shipping Orders" section of that update.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

7 people like this

Ah that is in September then, so about a month after it was possible to lock in

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, TGP said:

I thought updates came out on Fridays? (It's not Friday yet.) This sounds like people complaining that Reaper is getting a move on with shipping :huh: and maybe is bit ahead of where Reaper expected to be?

The next update is supposed to happen before they start Zone 3 shipping with no particular date attached. The one after that is supposed to be when shipping is complete. There are no more planned Friday updates.

5 people like this

I read the update as being when shipping was starting in full, not when they were sending out those test shipments. I think test shipments are a good sign. 

4 people like this

10 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I read the update as being when shipping was starting in full, not when they were sending out those test shipments. I think test shipments are a good sign. 

After we have sent the Zone 2 rewards, we will reset, and begin Zone 3 (the Americas). 

We will have another Update after we're done with Zone 2 and we are about to begin Zone 3.

Nothing there about test shipments

3 people like this

Eh, I'll be glad to get the Bones but I'm used to the wait at this point. Reaper will get them to me as fast as they can I'm confident and that's good enough for me. 

11 people like this

21 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

After we have sent the Zone 2 rewards, we will reset, and begin Zone 3 (the Americas). 

We will have another Update after we're done with Zone 2 and we are about to begin Zone 3.

Nothing there about test shipments

That was in Update #99:

"In the past, we have taken the first day to fine-tune the system, running a dozen orders, then stopping, setting things up more effectively, and continuing for maybe a hundred more before optimizing the workflow further. So typically the first day's output is relatively small, but those first coupled hundred orders are pivotal in helping us reach our goal of 1,000+ orders per subsequent day.

At the end of that first day, we will send out another Update, to share progress and make our last minute "update your addresses" plea. Seriously, you'd be surprised how many times in the past we've had additional delays caused by backers not having up-to-date addresses, so this is very important to us."

Huzzah!

9 people like this

....Oh gosh, I just realized I need to get probably two more tool boxes to store all my new Bones in. This is going to throw off my whole sorting system! D: /drama

Huzzah!

16 people like this