Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

I show two dates on mine, because i added something later. Not sure which date they go off of. But , i doubt my position in the wave will make much difference. I"m wave 2 and am happy to wait until they show up

• Like 4

Ironically, I am Wave 3 and locked in on Aug 19th too LOL.. I was as fast as the computer would let me lock in and I still got in the 3rd wave. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I expect that the "Canadian Issue" is what they were sorting out that has kept them from giving an update.  What was in the last update was the plan then, but I suspect that a better option has become available.

So folks on KS are saying that in UPS it is showing as shipping from Ontario (the Canadian one).  If so it is a huge benefit to us Canadians who've been watching our dollar drop continually against the US dollar and dreading the tax bill on our silly big orders.  34 lbs of plastic minis....oh my....

Canada is only 932 backers, so that's only a couple of hours for them to pull everything, if they are getting anywhere near their rate from last time.

From the UPS Trade Direct Cross Border Page:

FEATURES

• Consolidated customs clearance

So yeah, I'm guessing UPS is bringing them over in bulk, possibly into one of our FTZs and then will distribute them locally within Canada. I don't have the details as I won't get a notice like that; I used my USPS P.O. Box for this specifically so that I wouldn't have to deal with UPS bringing anything over the border for me.

Also got my shipping notice several hours ago. 28.2 lbs weight.

Like everyone else, I am curious at how everything will unfold. And I have my own reasons to wonder how it will change.

- Bones 1: shipped at home address

- Bones 2: shipped at co-pledger's work address.

- Bones 3: shipped to my Canada P.O. address.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Mostly people are ticked that Reaper promised an update and then didn't send one out.  Which, when there is evidence in the wild that they are past the point of the promised update and haven't sent it, does legitimately irritate the people with "poor communication" pet peeves.  I don't care what they are doing, but I'd like to know what it is. 

I thought updates came out on Fridays? (It's not Friday yet.) This sounds like people complaining that Reaper is getting a move on with shipping :huh: and maybe is bit ahead of where Reaper expected to be?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

I show two dates on mine, because i added something later. Not sure which date they go off of. But , i doubt my position in the wave will make much difference. I"m wave 2 and am happy to wait until they show up

The go off the first date.  I know that was mentioned in one of the updates but I don't know which it was off the top of my head.

5 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

The go off the first date.  I know that was mentioned in one of the updates but I don't know which it was off the top of my head.

That was in Update #99, under the "Shipping Orders" section of that update.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, TGP said:

I thought updates came out on Fridays? (It's not Friday yet.) This sounds like people complaining that Reaper is getting a move on with shipping :huh: and maybe is bit ahead of where Reaper expected to be?

The next update is supposed to happen before they start Zone 3 shipping with no particular date attached. The one after that is supposed to be when shipping is complete. There are no more planned Friday updates.

• Like 5

I read the update as being when shipping was starting in full, not when they were sending out those test shipments. I think test shipments are a good sign. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I read the update as being when shipping was starting in full, not when they were sending out those test shipments. I think test shipments are a good sign. 

After we have sent the Zone 2 rewards, we will reset, and begin Zone 3 (the Americas). 

We will have another Update after we're done with Zone 2 and we are about to begin Zone 3.

Nothing there about test shipments

• Like 3

Eh, I'll be glad to get the Bones but I'm used to the wait at this point. Reaper will get them to me as fast as they can I'm confident and that's good enough for me. 

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

After we have sent the Zone 2 rewards, we will reset, and begin Zone 3 (the Americas). 

We will have another Update after we're done with Zone 2 and we are about to begin Zone 3.

Nothing there about test shipments

That was in Update #99:

"In the past, we have taken the first day to fine-tune the system, running a dozen orders, then stopping, setting things up more effectively, and continuing for maybe a hundred more before optimizing the workflow further. So typically the first day's output is relatively small, but those first coupled hundred orders are pivotal in helping us reach our goal of 1,000+ orders per subsequent day.

At the end of that first day, we will send out another Update, to share progress and make our last minute "update your addresses" plea. Seriously, you'd be surprised how many times in the past we've had additional delays caused by backers not having up-to-date addresses, so this is very important to us."

Huzzah!

• Like 9

....Oh gosh, I just realized I need to get probably two more tool boxes to store all my new Bones in. This is going to throw off my whole sorting system! D: /drama

Huzzah!

• Like 16

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      This is a campaign to fund the launch of a set of 28mm Shambling Mound models for RPG and tabletop games. I have sculpted two adult Shamblers and a young Shambler. Initially the two adults will be offered for the campaign.
      If we are able to hit the £1000 stretch goal for the campaign it will unlock the Young Shambler miniature.
      If unlocked this figure will be added FREE to all backers.
      This is a World Wide campaign with the postage as follows:
      United Kingdom 4GBP, Europe 5GBP and Rest of the World 6GBP.
      Campaign Rewards.
      There are 3 reward levels.
      Supporter. If you would like to back the campaign without receiving any of the rewards you can use this pledge level.
      Lone Shambler! Choose this pledge if you would like one of the two Shambling Mould models. Choose from either SM 1: Shambler Walking or SM 2: Shambler Attacking.
      Double Trouble! Choose this pledge level if you would like both SM 1 and SM 2 Shambling Mound sculpts.
      The Models.
      The Shambling Mound models will be cast in high quality grey resin. They have been designed to fit on either a 40mm square or round base.

SM 2: Shambler Attacking is a two part model and will need assembly. Use superglue to attach seperate arm.
      Stretch goal!
      We start the campaign with this initial stretch goal to aim for. If we get to the goal of £1000 the the Young Shambler will be unlocked and added FREE to all pledges. Additional Young Shambler models can be added for £2.

• By Beagle
      Who Are we?
      Antediluvian Miniatures are new company producing an ever expanding range of 28mm miniatures for the war gamer, collector and role player. You can see our existing miniatures at www.antediluvianminiatures.com
      The Plan.
      We would like to add to our ever expanding range of unique and unusual figures by producing this range of Medieval Devils and Demons inspired by the freakish illustrated manuscripts of the medieval period! 
      These figures are sculpted by Andrew May ( Demons ), Ian Mountain ( Witch ), and Jo Brumby ( Terrence the Goat ). We think these will be great fun and an unusual addition for fantasy wargames, skirmish and role playing games. There are all 28mm scale, cast in metal- they will come with plastic bases supplied.

If the campaign goes well we have some extra characters and a potential terrain feature we'll add in as stretch goals and freebies.

More details of the pledges and locked figures are below.
      What do you get. 
      all the are figures metal cast and supplied with bases. Figures are 28mm scale.

• By ub3r_n3rd
      I saw that Stonehaven just launched another kickstarter!

Stonehaven's Giants

Huge Humanoids and Creatures for your adventurers to encounter and to bulk out your RPG dungeon or tabletop wargame armies!
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Because the best bits of your miniature collection are the bits you sculpt yourself
      We want to put a special BASIUS COMMUNITY pad in the hands of every tabletop gaming club in the world
      Since launching our first BASIUS Kickstarter project (now known as BASIUS ONE), thousands of gamers have used BASIUS to aid & develop their sculpting skills as well as customise & awesomify* their miniature collections. During this time we have had to move BASIUS out of the garage and into the Industrial Estate!  The BASIUS team has grown since then, and now includes the same family of four sculpting gamers that created BASIUS all those years ago and the family of experienced casters at History Craft.
      We now have ten complete collections of 12 themed 50mm square BASIUS pads prototyped. Some are favourites from previous Kickstarter projects, some have been altered and updated, and the rest are brand new. We need your help to fund their creation on an industrial scale!
      COMMUNITY
      Community is important - in gaming, just like in the rest of life.
      We love gaming with our friends in our local geek-hobby store and we initially met many of our friends purely because of that community. Friendly gaming clubs and hobby stores that go out of their way to host gaming communities are awesome, and we want to help to increase that community awesomeness.
      Kevin Jackson, from the online community, sent us this photo showing how he based his miniatures using BASIUS It stands to reason that if a person wants to do something positive for others in life then it's best to do something they are actually good at, and feedback from all four of our previous BASIUS projects has shown us that we have become rather good at BASIUS-ing**.
      OUR GOAL
      With this focus of community being central to what BASIUS has become, our goal for this latest Kickstarter is quite a big one... Alongside the release of our 10 themed BASIUS collections, we want to provide every tabletop gaming club in the world with a special BASIUS COMMUNITY pad, so that all gamers can use it and help each other to use it, to develop their own and each other's sculpting.

WE NEED YOU
      It would be awesome if every gamer & hobbyist reading this... in every town worldwide, could pledge to get hold of a pad or two in this kickstarter, make some bases with them, show their sculpting to their gaming club and ask their club chairperson to contact us to get a BASIUS COMMUNITY pad for their club.
      Tyler, from the online community, kindly sent us this photo. These base textures are made using just BASIUS, 'Green-Stuff' and paint - thats it.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Delvers Lost in the Dungeons of Doom III
      They're back! More delvers lost in the Dungeons of Doom! This time they're hunting The Dragon!
      A party ready for your next dungeon crawl! Heroic scale fantasy miniatures, sculpted by hand and cast in metal, for your roleplaying and tabletop games. I have enjoyed sculpting these adventurers and I would love to share them with you!
      The funding from this Kickstarter will pay for the moulds and casting of at least 8 new miniatures. Legendary Hero pledge backers will unlock more miniatures as Stretch Goals from 5k onwards. Reaching 10k funding will unleash The Dragon! which will be made available as an Add-On.

• Who's Online   46 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)