Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

9 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Or, as Darth Vader would say: "I find your lack of faith ... disturbing."

Yeah, there's a different Darth Vader quote I've been hearing in my head, but spoken by Bryan, which makes me giggle.

I'm pretty sure he's not Luke's father....

I know that I'm nobody special, and you have no reason to listen to me, but everyone please relax. I'm sure Reaper is doing the best they can; a month from now everyone will be playing with their new toys ( or at least waiting for their local mail carrier to drop off a large parcel on their doorstep ).

In the grand scheme of things, there really isn't anything to get all worked up about.

Now, everyone go sit in a corner, gently massage your earlobes and repeat after me:

woo-saa 

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

a month from now everyone will be playing with their new toys

Wait I have to wait another month! :angry:

Nah I am kidding I get your point...

• Like 5

One thing I have noticed living in the US is that people here really do not have the same patience that I am accustomed to.  I can understand people being frustrated however.  I suppose I am just used to things taking a long time to arrive.  Most of the time, any products ordered from online back home required international shipping and it was not cheap to expedite materials. I can also understand how people want to be kept up to date and are eager to get their money worth.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Or, as Darth Vader would say: "I find your lack of faith ... disturbing."

QFT.

• Like 2

Just to reiterate, few people are complaining because they lack the patience to wait for their stuff.  They're complaining because they were told "I'm ten miles away.  I'll call you when I get into town and let you know the plans."  Two hours later, they're still waiting for the call.

• Like 4

Not trying to get anyone mad or anything especially since I am not invested in this KS but it seems like everyone is worked up to just open their box of minis and stick it on the shelf.

Is anyone truly waiting for their new Bones to start painting?

I really want to be on the next KS but not sure I have the patience.  I get antsy when I have to wait more than a week for something off the Bay of E.

• Like 2

Right.  We also got " We're pulling and shipping, but the information we wanted to have for the Update isn't available. Sorry for the delays" but that has just confused more people because we heard Canada folk getting emails from Waves other than 1.  With nothing else being said it is just making people freak out over things that are so small in the grand scheme of things.  We know our stuff is there.  We know they began to do something with it. We know it will be in our homes soon.

I am just awaiting official notice on what is happening now so I can stop refreshing every 15-20 min. :)

• Like 6

Just a tip to keep the conversation civil - it is almost never productive to dismiss peoples' concerns as meaningless.

• Like 4

With my work schedule of being home for a week, then away for a week, I always have a 50% chance that my package will arrive when I'm not home. Now if this takes anywhere between 12 and 18 days, I'll be home!

What's interesting is that this is a long weekend in Canada, and it's unlikely that out shipments will cross the borders this weekend, so Canadians will be saved from the additional holiday wait! Though for others, May 29th is Memorial Day in the US, and though Reaper may have the bulk of orders done, they may not be complete by that day.

• Like 2

Heh, no matter what the real problem is, I am just going to blame Customs...

As in 'Customs took all the packages out of their boxes, then repacked them in the wrong boxes'

'Customs accidentally swapped containers on us'.

'Someone shipped Haggis in the same container, and now Customs tells us that the whole shipment has to be destroyed'.

All of which are problems that have actually happened.... (Including when the bits and pieces for a castle shipped over from Europe being repacked in the wrong crates... so no one knows which bits and pieces go where... for an entire castle....)

The Auld Grump

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Not trying to get anyone mad or anything especially since I am not invested in this KS but it seems like everyone is worked up to just open their box of minis and stick it on the shelf.

I really want to be on the next KS but not sure I have the patience.  I get antsy when I have to wait more than a week for something off the Bay of E.

This is more like a Christmas morning thing.

And once received, it becomes a post-Halloween bag inventory thing.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

There are a few that I'm waiting for to use in a game.  Some of the terrain pieces....Goremaw....They will likely be used before they are painted...They might get a base coat....maybe....Hmm I should buy more brown liner...And blue...I might need a lot for that worm...

• Like 5

Mayne this will placate some of you:

i am a wave 1 backer from Canada and just received a notice from UPS. In short, Reaper has passed on my information to UPS and this might mean a handful of things:

1) Reaper is just printing the shipping labels, but not shipping mine yet

2) Reaper is already working on wave 1 fulfillments and is shipping mine

3) Something went horribly wrong and I can't fathom what

Take it as you want. But at the very least my shipping labels are now ready. You don't do that unless you're close to shipping. 

9 minutes ago, Canadutchian said:

Mayne this will placate some of you:

i am a wave 1 backer from Canada and just received a notice from UPS. In short, Reaper has passed on my information to UPS and this might mean a handful of things:

1) Reaper is just printing the shipping labels, but not shipping mine yet

2) Reaper is already working on wave 1 fulfillments and is shipping mine

3) Something went horribly wrong and I can't fathom what

Take it as you want. But at the very least my shipping labels are now ready. You don't do that unless you're close to shipping. 

UPS prints it own labels for tracking. 
Which means if individual people are getting notices.  That means UPS has possession of the packages.  BUT they have to be broken down and sorted.  So while the packages might be in UPS hands they are still at the hub.

Reaper part in this if you saw the big pallet picture on their website.  That is how the packages are transferred or picked up by UPS. 

The only question remain is.  Are they in Canada now?  Or are they still in the US...

My Nephew and I discussed this at length last night as he works for UPS.

• Like 2