Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Since I'm in Wave 1, which will probably be done by the end of tomorrow, that means that our pledge will arrive just as we're heading out of town.

At least I've arranged with a neighbor to accept delivery on my behalf (and changed the address in the Pledge Manager accordingly). But man, the thought of that lovely box o' Bones waiting for me at home is going to be highly distracting! 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

If the convention you speak of is one of the Washington state ones, I'm in the same proverbial boat.  However, due to my wife's illness I am returning home each night so likely I'll be up late opening it (assuming my Wave 1 backing is shipped in time to arrive this Friday or Saturday).

• Like 4

Luckily i work from home (freelance illustration) so i'm home all day to stare at the counter, and accept my package and open it immediately xD

besides ic an use the distraction, IRL family issues are worsening and i could use something to be excited and happy about

• Like 11

Hey Reaper mods. I hope you are going to allow people to post pics of their Bones arrivals here.

If not here, on another thread.

Those of us in Zones 2 and 3 who have to wait a bit longer probably want to gurgle over the pics of boxes of plastic.

• Like 4

And those who will get nothing want to see pictures, too.

It's strangely exciting to see those shipping numbers go up, given that I don't get a shipment.

Well, not from Bones 3 that is, but I ordered a few older models from our regional gaming shop, so I'll get to open a box as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oracle said:

If the convention you speak of is one of the Washington state ones, I'm in the same proverbial boat.  However, due to my wife's illness I am returning home each night so likely I'll be up late opening it (assuming my Wave 1 backing is shipped in time to arrive this Friday or Saturday).

PaizoCon, this weekend in Seattle. Reaper's running a paint and take table there, and I'm going to be one of the volunteers helping with it. ^_^ I hope your wife feels better soon.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I was not aware that the shipper had that requirement until the day before we were about to start pulling the product for AU, and then suddenly we had to change gears and pull all of CA and then pull AU after, which, you may note, is different from how we had originally said we would do it. 

Like I said in the update, we had some changes, and this caused problems, and these changes propagated downwards and caused confusion for the backers. This has not been the fun of previous projects.

Gotta love shippers eh? I've run into that problem myself before. "Oh actually, you have to do it this way, not that way". Always a fun scramble to figure things out afterwards.

As a Canadian, I'm just glad that things should still work out in the end.

I did have a few quick questions if anyone knows the answers:

-The Canadian UPS labels that had been sent out on the 19th, are those the real ones that will become tracking-active once the product clears customs and arrives in Calgary/Toronto? (that's what it seems from the Update that was sent out Monday)

-Does your post mean that all Canadian orders across all Waves have been picked and boxed with shipping labels, to be moved in bulk to the Canadian distribution centers (and customs)? Or will they be shipped as individual bits, and the distribution center will be the ones to box them and put labels?

-Do we have any super rough ETA or tracking number for the bulk shipments themselves?

Regardless of if their boxed yet or not, once they've cleared Customs (God I hope we're not murdered on Duty. Not looking forward to paying UPS crazy import fees on $800CAD of Mini's. Which is in no way Reaper's (or really UPS's fault) I totally get that its the Canadian Government that sets these rules), and been dispatched, the tracking should go live and all should be well, I was just trying to super rough gauge how long that in-between process is. From the time it leaves Texas to the time it leaves Calgary/Toronto.

In the end, its been nearly 2 years since this campaign was completed, if it takes a few more weeks for them to arrive, than so be it, I'm all good in the end. I'm still one of the people that feel Reaper has done a fantastic job, and I know that their staff is going though hell to get things going in a crazy rush. Most of them are going to look back at this week and it'll all be a blur for them.

(Fun fact: Because I was curious I checked exactly how long its been. Just over 666 days since the campaign ended! Ok, more like 668, but that sounds less cool...)

• Like 4

I actually have a similiar question as I was confused by the update. I thought that the packages for AU were being put together by Reaper (with a label on mine saying ship first, of course ::D:). Then put into a container to be posted out by the Australian partner. However, the update inferred they have yet to be pulled and packed, so the partner has to pull, pack, then post. Does anyone know which is right?

7 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

The link in the email that says my order has received postage says they estimate my Bones will be here on Thursday. 

*looks around crafting area*

*PANICS*

I started digging out my den/workshop yesterday, since I had the day off to recover from a convention.  If mine were to arrive this weekend, it would be perfect  as both sons would be around to claim anything they might want to paint. ::):

• Like 7

How I read the update is that Australian orders are pulled, and on a palette awaiting to be put into a container. I can not tell if they are each packed in individual boxes or not. 

5 hours ago, Dwarf-Lord said:

Hey Reaper mods. I hope you are going to allow people to post pics of their Bones arrivals here.

If not here, on another thread.

Those of us in Zones 2 and 3 who have to wait a bit longer probably want to gurgle over the pics of boxes of plastic.

There is an acquisitions thread in the off-topic section. We can post up there, or possibly make a new bones 3 acquisitions thread.

• Like 5

On 5/22/2017 at 4:03 PM, Reaperbryan said:

I even signed your box as it passed me. I've managed to see about half a dozen names I know at this point.

Cool!

I will place it next to the CAV:SO KS 1 box that LadyStorm signed!

And the other CAV:SO KS box the you signed Bryan!

BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!

Oops! Wrong thread! :rolleyes:

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

The link in the email that says my order has received postage says they estimate my Bones will be here on Thursday. 

*looks around crafting area*

*PANICS*

If you've just now started to panic, you're already behind the eight ball.::P:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, jaryth000 said:

-The Canadian UPS labels that had been sent out on the 19th, are those the real ones that will become tracking-active once the product clears customs and arrives in Calgary/Toronto? (that's what it seems from the Update that was sent out Monday)

-Does your post mean that all Canadian orders across all Waves have been picked and boxed with shipping labels, to be moved in bulk to the Canadian distribution centers (and customs)? Or will they be shipped as individual bits, and the distribution center will be the ones to box them and put labels?

Yes, I applied the shipping labels to all of the Canadian orders being sent to the two distribution hubs last week.  These are the actual UPS labels.  These orders were picked and boxed here in Denton and palletized for delivery to the distribution hub.  This is ALL* Canadian orders across ALL waves. 

3 hours ago, Sanwah said:

I thought that the packages for AU were being put together by Reaper (with a label on mine saying ship first, of course ::D:). Then put into a container to be posted out by the Australian partner. However, the update inferred they have yet to be pulled and packed, so the partner has to pull, pack, then post. Does anyone know which is right?

Yes. 

ALL AU bound packages (which translates to ZONE 2-Pacific Zone-AU/NZ/Asia and the lot) were picked and boxed in Denton and palletized for delivery to the distribution hub.  At the distribution hub (in AU) they will apply a shipping label to the box at which time tracking should become available for those orders.

Question up thread on what shipper is being used for Domestic: it varies.  The majority will be either UPS or UPS Surepost.  Surepost is a UPS transport from us to your post office where USPS takes possession and delivers it to your door.  Most of the decision on which service to use is based on your package weight.  A very small minority will be basic USPS.

All ZONE 3 International, that are not Canada* will be USPS.

*exception is the ~65 Canadian orders that Bryan found in his data glitch yesterday

• Like 9

17 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Desperately trying to get my Bones IV sculpting done before Bones III finishes.

*** Step into my office and tell me more***

*** Pours a drink, slides a big enveloppe towards Talespinner***

*** You tell me ...Dinosaurs..right?  No..no.. don't answer it, just nodd and you can take the enveloppe with you...***

• Like 6