Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

No change in my tracking. Still showing as departure scan in fort worth. Sniff sniff.

• Like 4

I got mine in Ontario today (technically yesterday, Friday afternoon) after the second UPS update Thursday. I've had negative things to say about UPS in the past, but no issues this time.

One oddity was the packing slip. I like to use the packing slip to verify contents, but it only had the first lock in, which for me was just Core Set, Mythical Monsters and the Froghemoth. So, basically, missing the 33 other things I added on later. Fortunately, It looks like everything else is there, but I'll need to do a more detailed inventory. Still, it was worrisome at first.

I didn't even open all the boxes (except for Ma'aldrakar, I didn't get the retail box so I had to pull it out to dry-fit and see the size for myself). Ma'aldrakar looks great, I really hope to get around to painting it one day.

Particular stand outs for me are the aforementioned Ma'aldrakar and the awesome looking froghemoth (I also dry-fitted him, he likes being assembled so he's staying together for now, he can glare at me until I paint him). Sophie looks amazing, I bought two in case I ever wanted to paint up one without the wings, but I love the lantern on the wing, it's a great touch.

I really like the Solar as well. I remember almost passing on the Solar after seeing the first released render, but I'm glad I got one, it'll probably be one of my first paints. It is a little smaller than I expected, but a perfect size for a big angel. I had originally thought one might make for a good storm giant wingless, but it's closer to ogre sized. In fact, it looks fantastic next to Izzy's Oni, part of the great looking Pretty Deadly pack. They don't have the same number of toes, but their bare clawed feet do look similar enough that they could be king and queen of an exotic race.

The crusaders are a great looking group, I like that they share an emblem with Sir Forscale. I hadn't really noticed that when I ordered them. The Savage Avatars are nice, particularly the gorilla, I think he'll be high on my list to paint. The only issue will be whether or not to glue on the t-rex skull, he looks fantastic both ways. I'll probably end up with skull on, I'd like to paint up a colourful t-rex hide, this would be a perfect opportunity. I didn't spend much time with the dragons since they are in pieces, but Kyphrixis really caught my attention even in the bag, where I assembled the head and tail. The paints of course were another fantastic buy, and the sketch book looks great.

So yeah, consider me very happy I spent way too much money on another Great Big Box of Bones. I'm ready for Bones IV.

• Like 15

8 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Okay, so, here's the pictures of Dagon for @NecroMancer :

Reveal hidden contents

Dagon%203_zpszghtkguc.jpg

Dagon%202_zpsuutgck4n.jpg

Dagon%201_zpsnze1ez1y.jpg

And then the foo dog for @Humansquish:

Hide contents

Foo%20Dog%202_zpsyoklxbjn.jpg

Foo%20Dog%201_zpsz6f5bnbc.jpg

Not only is it a Foo Dog, it's a Foo Pug! :wub:

• Like 5

@Solauren @Suden  Or any other Canadian Backers that have gotten their shipment from UPS

Just to confirm (or not?) there was no Duty or Import charges for you guys?

Seriously that is my biggest scare right now. My bones are apparently on their way (ETA May 30th), and the thought of having to pay Duties on top of the nearly $800 CAD I've already paid is getting to me.

But if there's even a slim chance that Canadians are getting their Bones without Duties... that'd be massive to me! :D

Edited by jaryth000
Fixed @ tags
  • Like 5

I regret not getting  T'raukzul and while I skipped the cemetery expansion because I don't have space for terrain pieces I think it looks great.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*takes box for safekeeping from no-gooders and roving packs of wolves*

Totally unnecessary; I prefer to catch my own Bones, than you very much.

6 hours ago, lazylich said:

Ah yes, now swells the inevitable chorus of "why didn't I buy the ..."

Yup.

RE:--autographed boxes: Very cool!

I highly doubt I'll get one though. If it was being sent to 'ChaosWolf' then yes maybe, but I don't think anyone at Reaper knows me enough to connect my real life name with my forum handle.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jaryth000 said:

@Solauren @Suden  Or any other Canadian Backers that have gotten their shipment from UPS

Seriously that is my biggest scare right now. My bones are apparently on their way (ETA May 30th), and the thought of having to pay Duties on top of the nearly $800 CAD I've already paid is getting to me.

But if there's even a slim chance that Canadians are getting their Bones without Duties... that'd be massive to me! :D

This is also one of my concerns considering that it *is* UPS cross-border shipping we're talking about (they're notorious for their customs clearance fees). Worsened by the fact my shipping address is the post office itself.

Next week will be "One of those days." :wacko:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5

oh the agony!  My package is IN my town, cruelly trapped at the local UPS hub... which is closed today so I can't go pick it up.  Sigh.  Must...practice...patience.

Say it again, Corporea: Patience is a virtue.

Not right now it isn't!!!

• Like 16

2 hours ago, jaryth000 said:

The UPS truck showed up, we opened the door and he handed us the package (23lbs) and walked away. No import charges. I felt silly holding my credit card waiting for the import duties. I wasn't charged anything. 

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

As funny as that sounds, you know you're going to stay up for as long as it takes, just in case it's true. ::P:

I have no idea what ever you mean.
window.thumb.jpg.1a9054bbd60bffa0daf0b28869205e37.jpg

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Corporea said:

oh the agony!  My package is IN my town, cruelly trapped at the local UPS hub... which is closed today so I can't go pick it up.  Sigh.  Must...practice...patience.

Say it again, Corporea: Patience is a virtue.

Not right now it isn't!!!

I'm with you in the same spot.  So close and yet so far...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jaryth000 said:

I had no duty. A "small" box, though. I confirmed by confirmed by phone. The key is theorigin on the label - mine was Toronto. If yours was Texas, then maybe you'd have duty. If a Canadian order was missed in the original pull and sent later, they might have issues, but I dunno.

• Like 5