Reaperbryan

Fulfilling
Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

5261 posts in this topic

My Bones arrived today and all I have to say is thank Cthulu for Bonesium.

My box looked like it had been drop-kicked across a room then hit with a bat.

The Kickstarter boxes are destroyed but the only damage was detaching one sword from the weapon sprue and a bit of bending on another weapon.  Metal or hard plastic I would have needed a drink or two before opening it.

12 people like this

Got my shipment today, all 10 pounds of it.  The only oopsie i have is that Reaper sent me Ogre Command instead of the Ogres (3) addon.  So will have to straighten that out in a few weeks.

Tianot is ridiculous.  I mean s/he's amazing but just so large I had to laugh.  I hope one day to get it painted but I have such a backlog of 'big' mini's (dds2, kaladrax, nethyrmaul, kanjira...) that its going to be years.  Still, there was no way I was going to NOT get it.  Maybe I'll bump it to the front of the 'big mini' line, who knows...

Lets see what else... the giants (frost, fire) are great.  Really like the sculpts but was a bit non-plussed that they are made of the softer, rubber bones material that I really dont like.  The fire giant swords were bent to hell but straightened nicely with the boiling/ice water trick, but because the bonesium is so soft i'm a little worried they will bend back again.  Anyways, casts are great, material not so much.

Dagon is fantastic.  Really happy I got him.  Goremaw also awesome.  Marthgaluar is also really cool.  Much larger than I expected.  Kyra and Lavath is pretty good.  Kyra actually turned out reasonably well.  I was expecting a mess to be honest because she's so small and typically that is bad news for bones but she actually turned out not too bad.  I dont think there will be too much of an issue painting her up.

My favorite though (well ok, CO-favorite along with Tianot) is the froghemoth. Sooooooo happy I got him even though the pencil drawing left much to be desired.  He just looks awesome and has a great heft to him.  Added bonus that he will likely not be too difficult to paint up nicely.  Love love love him.

Edited by JGF
9 people like this

The monthly mini for June is announced! That's a cute dragon. I wonder what I could get for $40 that would make sense after having just gotten Bones 3...

Oh, right. 11 13 bottles of Brown Liner would do the trick.

Edited by terminalmancer
They're a little cheaper than I remembered!
6 people like this

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

My package has been 'on the road' since Friday, hmph. How long does it take to drive from Texas to Arizona? We made it in 2 days with a moving van!

I just figured if it had stopped somewhere, the tracking would show it xD but it's next 'scheduled update' is on wednesday by end of day, with a delivery still estimated for Thursday

Mine arrived in Phoenix on Thursday after being shipped on Tuesday and won't be delivered until Tuesday...

2 people like this

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, I only work half the day. And UPS usually comes early. I wonder if I'll have time to clear space tonight... Otherwise I might be apologizing to my long suffering wife. She did have the good spirit to get excited about several of the minis though! Maybe she'll even prime some!

3 people like this

46 minutes ago, Talae said:

Mine arrived in Phoenix on Thursday after being shipped on Tuesday and won't be delivered until Tuesday...

592ce22e73151_Harriman-Tuesday.thumb.png.3b87036f6a2969df46c071251063e492.png

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

592ce22e73151_Harriman-Tuesday.thumb.png.3b87036f6a2969df46c071251063e492.png

Seriously.

1 person likes this

awww sorry to hear! At least you get them tomorrow though!

3 people like this

Just looked through my miniatures a little ,apparently that wasn't Lavarath that was without Kyra. I mistook Stormwing for him since it was without a label and I had assumed wrong. Kyra and Lavarath are complete (such tiny connections!), and the perfect streak is still alive so far.

1 person likes this

Perfect streaks are perfect. I am hoping for 1 for 1 for Kickstarters with Bones III.

I have done several retail orders, and all of them have been perfect. 

Well, technically in Bones II I did get the nothing I pledged for so maybe it is already 1 for 1. I just dropped in a few bucks.

2 people like this