Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

20 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I just ordered one of these:

Hide contents

71BZWerfADL._SL1390_.jpg

And two of these:

Hide contents

814+UorvgmL._SL1500_.jpg

to handle the incoming mini wave.  May not be enough.  Essentially, I want these to sort and classify the little minis.  Big ones I'll continue to keep in the bins.

What brand are those?

They look eminentlyuseful.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, etherial said:

And now UPS claims it's already been delivered. Schrödinger's Box is waiting for me when I get home. What do you think folks? Live Cat or Bones?

Turns out it was a box of Bones. I catalogued everything but haven't put it all away yet. I was missing a clear Arsenal sprue and each of my Stoneskulls had a swapped mini. 3 errors in $500 of Bones ain't so bad. I was surprised by the size of the box, though. I spent twice as much as Bones II but the box was basically the same size. Maybe my Bones II box had more snackmosphere than I remembered...and DDS2 took up a lot more space than the Sledgehammer.

Folks, be vewwy vewwy cayeful counting your weapon sprues. Each sprue has double the items you ordered but each of my Armories of Death and Vice were missing pieces so they just threw in an extra one of each. I still got more than double the weapon sprue I ordered, and I feel really guilty asking Reaper for the missing clear Arsenal sprue.

• Like 8

I got my delivery notice for tomorrow afternoon, so wave 3 going to Joplin, MO.  If you all are keeping track of what what wave and where for your calculations.

• Like 5

I haven't had the chance to go through my Bones III goodies for inventory and inspection yet, but have had the opportunity to do some dry-firing of some of the pieces. I'm hoping this weekend to tackle some of the inspection but it may take me a few days and I'll also need to add to the storage solutions that I can sort as I go. Good thing someone put together an excel file with pics . . . :-)

One note I want to add here too . . . My granddaughters are fascinated by the figures. I let them play with the Bonesylvanians until the youngest one decided she wanted to taste it . . . Good thing I was watching. The older came in last night to say hello and good night after my groups D&D session. While there she found Talin's art book and brought it to me so we could go through it together. She had to touch and spend some time examining each picture while say "Ooooo!"!

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

UPSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :grr:

Cannot deliver to my PO Box. Trying to contact to reschedule shipping destination.

UPS indeed... As I feared, my shipment finally got a scan in the middle of the night... and updated the delivery schedule from Friday to Monday. Well I guess I'm painting OLD Bones this weekend.

Private carrier just aren't allowed to deliver to PO boxes by the post office unfortunately.

It was scanned at 8:30am yesterday morning...too late to be delivered yesterday.  So it sits there....Its past 6AM and no update to show status which could mean that they didn't load it on the truck again.  I am most displeased with UPS...

32 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

What brand are those?

They look eminentlyuseful.

ArtBin Super Satchel  The clear one is the normal size and the blue is the double-deep. I got them on Amazon.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jeepnewbie said:

So are we still able to order the kick starter?  Until I came back to the hobby I never heard of it. And the page showing it ended in 2015 throws me for a loop. I'm trying another kick starter but interest in the bones one. 

You can probably get some of the sets on eBay but DO NOT pay more than the Kickstarter price for them -- they'll all be available retail soon.

• Like 1

Just changed the address in my Pledge Manager account just in case of UPS weirdness.

Same destination actually, but changed from P.O. Box format to street address format.

• Like 3

Tracker is back up and running.  Today's my day for a shipping notice.  I can feel it in my bones.  Also I'm wave 3 locked in early September so chances are good.

I would like to say I'm getting back to work now but who am I kidding?  Maybe a few exercises between refreshes...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Question to those who have been following the math closely: Are we likely to hit Wave 4 today?

no math involved, but I would say no (though I hope i'm wrong). 

I believe we started 3 mid-day yesterday, and with the same number of backers (1500 core sets + 500 $1+ backers). There is no data (that I know of) that correlates the number of orders per backer for the core set backers vs the $1 backers. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Question to those who have been following the math closely: Are we likely to hit Wave 4 today?

My estimate is wave 4 will start mid day tomorrow.  Wave 3 all day today.  But I could be wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, InvisibleThumb said:

My estimate is wave 4 will start mid day tomorrow.  Wave 3 all day today.  But I could be wrong.

I agree with this.. I hope that 4 starts today (i'm a very early member of 5) because that moves up when I'll get mine, but doubtful.