Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

My Bones came yesterday as planned!! Thanks to all that helped make it possible! My Mal was the brown box, which really I don't mind. As for now I've decided to throw the larger & under human sized figures in it & leave the BIG Mal box for the rest.

Extra thanks to Ladystorm for signing the box! ::): 

Love the ReaperCon 17 flier in amongst the papers. Thou it does really make the waiting a bit harder. :lol: 

Also special love to the Izzy sketchbook. I've saw down with her at ReaperCon & just chatted & thumb through her books but being able to just sit at home & really look at her art is amazing. I love sketch work anyways. (I've told that to Wayne Reynolds too, but I think he takes the wrong way when compared to the finished work). Most of the pieces are fantastic. the Bones 4 & Trollslayer Sophie I think are the best pieces. I'll be bring mine down to RCon this year!!!

As far as issues. I did a quick playi errr inventory of the figs I got & I experienced the same issues like the Solar being rubbery. T'Rak have a softer material, thou strong in the legs & body. One thing I did notice was every base I have is flat & ready to go. Bonehenge especially. Hell I didn't even take that one out of the individual bags.

• Like 12

11 hours ago, OneBoot said:

… I'm looking at mine right now. The flag is indeed Bones, it's just a super duper stiff variety (though this really hard type is new to this KS; several of the tombstones in the Graveyard expansion are of the same sort)…

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

From the pictures, it doesn't look like the grey bonesium like the Blackstar Corsairs. If it's white and very rigid, could it be the same stuff as Wyrmgear's wings? If so, be very careful about boiling it; people reported nasty warping of those wings.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ungoreatstefan said:

Hoping to get my tracking email at some point today since I was wave 3 but I know that it can take up to 48 hours for the tracking to go live so I just have to be patient.

They are only about 50 orders into wave 4 so it is early days. When did you lock in your order? I'm wave 5 so I'm all kinds of nervous about my own order. Please post when you get your tracking.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

Woo, Wave 4 has started! I'm part of that wave.

You could have picked mine up over the weekend. It sat in SLC the entire 3 days. :lol: 

• Like 1

Got mine just a few minutes ago and the T'Rauksul's wings are insanely huge!! Just a hair over 12 inches!  I love not only the Sketch book but the inserts for ReaperCon, the paints, the release schedule is nice too!   I would've like to have gotten the Queen in a retail box to go with my other big guys from the last Kickstarter..

18836444_10212489170479839_1399446967_o.jpg

18870191_10212489199280559_1162583530_o.jpg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, haldir said:

You could have picked mine up over the weekend. It sat in SLC the entire 3 days. :lol: 

Oh, I considered it. But alas I don't have Buglips skills in climbing into vents and absconding things. Also I'm really lazy.

• Like 9

Anyone have an approximate number of orders that were in wave 3? I believe it took about a day and a half for 3.. hoping for similar numbers for 4. Maybe, just maybe mine will ship tomorrow. .Probably Monday though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeywizard said:

Anyone have an approximate number of orders that were in wave 3? I believe it took about a day and a half for 3.. hoping for similar numbers for 4. Maybe, just maybe mine will ship tomorrow. .Probably Monday though. 

Just over 1845

• Like 3

Anyone have a scale pic of the ship and coral golems? I'm really excited for that one - they'll go great with my undersea collection.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Monkeywizard said:

Same boat for me. Hopefully wave 4 is even smaller. I'm wave 5 8/21/15 lock. Unless wave 4 is much reduced I'm thinking Monday as well.

Hourly update, 150 orders were processed between 10-11AM CDT. I did not catch the wave change over at about 10:18AM, but wave 3 looked to be about 1865 and that wave 4 started about 150. A total of 130 wave 4 orders has been processed so far.

16 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Ah. Ma'aldrakar in box! Putaway would have been easier than the brown box I received. Lol.

If anyone is interested, I can share the layout to put away your Ma'aldrakar in the brown box.

Please share it! Mine is so close to fitting back in the box. 

I ordered two and got one in a brown box and one in retail packaging. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Snowcone said:

Please share it! Mine is so close to fitting back in the box. 

I ordered two and got one in a brown box and one in retail packaging. 

That gives me hope. I too ordered two and would love to receive a retail box to go with the other awesome giant boxes from previous campaigns. <nostalgia>Sigh. Remember when Cthulhu was enormous?</nostalgia> ::D:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vulture said:

Anyone have a scale pic of the ship and coral golems? I'm really excited for that one - they'll go great with my undersea collection.

Alas, today was not "take your miniature to work day".  If I remember I will snap a photo when I get home.

• Like 9