Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

5:00 PM Reaper time

602 orders shipped

Most recent destination:  Los Banos, CA

Wave 5

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

Sir Forescale was from another Bones Kickstarter. 

Which one? I've backed all three bones KS's, and I feel I would have remembered getting him? I suppose I didnt go too deep into Bones II outside of the core tho.

7 hours ago, Beagle said:

I've never liked it. I always thought 'Sir Approximate Size Comparison When Compared to an Average Human Sized Miniature- Where 28mm is Equal to Approximately 6 Foot in Real Life Terms' was catchier

Oh yeah, good old SASCWCtaAHSMW28mmEtA6FiRLT, super catchy shortened too!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jaryth000 said:

Which one? I've backed all three bones KS's, and I feel I would have remembered getting him? I suppose I didnt go too deep into Bones II outside of the core tho.

Sir Forscale has actually not been part of any of the Bones Kickstarters. He was one of the few Bones that existed prior to the first KS. He was used in the first KS as a "For Scale" figure, because that's what happened to be sitting on Bryan's desk when he needed to take a scale picture, and that's been his job ever since. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, jaryth000 said:

I think Sir Forscale was one of the very first (24 or so?) figures in the Bones line that was produced before the first Kickstarter.

It was to kickstart the Bones line that Reaper turned to crowdfunding in the first place (iirc) as it allowed them to make many figures at once instead of a few per year. As I recall, the story went something like this:

"metal minis cost a lot per figure but the up-front costs are relatively small for the molds. Plastic is the opposite. Molds for injection molded plastic are really expensive but the figures are inexpensive to make thereafter." So after they made the first ones they kickstarted the line to raise money for lots of molds.

:ph34r:Ninja'd by She of the Singular Footwear:ph34r:

Edited by Dan Goodchild
  • Like 9

Mea culpa.  I thought Sir Garrick the Bold Forscale  came with Bones 1.  But I looked and he did not. 

• Like 2

I have finally completed my fairly extensive inventory, and the numbers are as follows: out of 317 miniatures (each weapon counts as 1 unit), there were 3 miscasts, 1 duplicate, and 1 missing figured. Percentages come out to 0.94% miscast, 0.32% duplicates, and 0.32% missing. 98.42% of the miniatures were correct in all ways, leaving 1.58% incorrect(all in the core set), but all of that was at the factory level. Everything is well within the margins I was expecting from such a large enterprise, and I am very pleased with Reaper's performance. Special shoutout to Rachel for packaging everything perfectly!

There are only a few miniatures that need to be dealt with, but this is extremely minor and can be handled after Reaper sends out the update on how to work with them on resolving such issues. Right now I have a giant box of minis to Scrooge McDuck in, and I'm extremely happy!:winkthumbs:

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Aaaah, now I remember from one of the updates.

I shall call him (her?) Muffins.

Official name is Buzzy ::):

Anyone got a pic of the Formorian Giant from the Core Set? He was about the only one I wanted out of the Core this time around. Thanks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Anyone got a pic of the Formorian Giant from the Core Set? He was about the only one I wanted out of the Core this time around. Thanks!

Here's a few, with Sir Forscale (as well as the invisible rogue/ranger, who happened to be nearby and got dragged into the shot). The giant is in three pieces, with the head and right arm cast separately.

wtqF1tFl.jpg

vB9QDPyl.jpg

x08t5QBl.jpg

...I really need to finish painting my Sir Forscale, if I'm going to keep doing close-ups of him. :blush:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10

14 hours ago, jaryth000 said:

I had to quote it so o could like it again. @Beagle needs more sassing, given back to him. Or as I like to call, Back Sass.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Just discovered Izzy signed my book! :wub:

Mine too. :wub: I wonder if this is a universal bonus. 

• Like 8