Flamehawke

PF AP: Mummy's Mask

284 posts in this topic

He stood quietly in the crowd, listening to the conversations upon the breeze, sharp blue eyes flashing with interest, or amusement depending upon what passed. At the prayer though he lowered his eyes, and those closest to him might have caught the faint sounds of his own whispered prayers, to the "Dawnflower", and the "Guardian of Tombs" rather than Pharasma. As the story of the Necropolis was told, he stood silent, letting his mind, and eyes wander. After all, as a native of the city, and one who spent much time amongst Pharasma's followers, he knew it well.  

 

As the names for each group where called he paid attention, watching those who went up to gather their lot, and making mental note of the names. So long as they all stuck to their own areas he doubted there would be any conflict, but who was to say what the prospect of riches, or power would do to people, especially those from far flung lands that he had scarce heard of, let alone knew anything about.

 

And then came the time for their name to be called. He held back, leaving another of his companions to approach, lest his identity be revealed. Not that he expected the high priest to hold any grudges. He never acted against her, or any of her close circle, save for listening in on secrets, but some of the others he knew he helped bring certain plots and plans to failure, and they might know that it was he who carried the information to his late master...

 

Whatever else his mind might have called forth was suddenly lost as a firm, but friendly slap to the back caused him to stumble a half step, and pulled him from his melancholy memories into the here and now. "Indeed we are. I wonder what mysteries await us among the dead?"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mu'dat felt an unexpected tingle along his limbs as the group's name sounded. So close to the chase's being afoot, the excitement was nearly palpable. He shifted his feet, moved his staff from one hand to the other, and then raised to the tips of his toes to try better to see across the sea of heads.

 

"A mystery is its own reward, I believe I've heard said." He shook his head. "Or perhaps it's its own answer."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll look to the Jackals, smile and head up to grab the chit. When I get close to Sebti, I'll quietly offer her a compliment on the power of her words, (diplomacy 11+6 = 17 ) "your words inspire the crowds your highness." Then continue to where they were handing out assignments.

"Gentlemen, any info about the site The Sun Jackals are being assigned?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You were given the Tomb of Akhentepi. The paper is a map to the site within the necropolis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Akehnhepti?" He asked with a slightly arched eyebrow, about the only expression that showed through the cloth wraped loose about his face "Sounds like one of the cities past nobles" (know local d20+8=16) "Let me think..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the map you can vaguely recall passing that tomb at one point. It is for someone who was fairly important in the community is about all you can recall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eager to get into the action, Nikolis says "Does anyone need to make any preparations? I am ready, and I think we should be off without delay."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Knowledge: History check: d20+9 = 27]

 

"Perhaps there is a library or bureau at which we might gain a bit more information before venturing forth tomorrow," Mu'dat suggests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"there are a few small things I would acquire, but the market will have them all and should not take me any great time. Make certain you bring plenty of water with you. I can not say if any of the wells will be drinkable any longer, and dust lays heavy upon everything in that place. If you do not already have headscarves I would get them as well. I have lived in this land all my life, the dust is in places like finely ground flour, and will choke you up if you are not careful."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At dawn you like many other groups are gathered at the gate eager to enter this once forbidden place. Some of you may even know it well already. The map is very accurate showing that the clerics did a good job of mapping the streets out when noting the places to to be explored. You arrive to a rectangular stone mausoleum that sits alone in what appears to have actually once been a cemetery. The trunks of a few dead trees poke out of the sand around the tomb. As set of massive stone double doors is affixed to the northern side of the structure, beneath a facade bearing the likeness of an Osirian man. Windblown sand is heaped around the crypt, partially burying the doors that lead within.

 

Upon the door in Osiriani is the name Akhentepi. He was born in 2416 AR and died in 2488 AR, 11 years before the Plague of Madness. The doors are 10 feet tall and solid stone. There are no visible handle or hinges and sand blocks portions of the door.

 

(current relevant checks are engineering and perception)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna start clearing the sand away from the doors & also gonna see exactly how these opened: inward, outward, upwards, downward???

 

Percep

 

13 + 4 Total 17

 

(OoC) Also since we haven't discuss a marching order, since I have a nice starting HP, I'll go in the front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(8 on my perception check, I think, I might see the door, maybe)

 

Aakesh lends himself to the clearing of the sand from the door so that they might open it, quite oblivious to anything else other than that task.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If you'll let me take my time..." Says Nikolis.

If I can take 20 perception is 26.

Otherwise I rolled 10 so 16.

 

Nikolis does his best to find a hidden mechanism to open the door to the mausoleum.

 

He doesn't know anything about engineering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll 'help'clear the sand. When I say help, what I really mean is, I'll throw it into the wind using my shield as a shovel.

 

"I wonder what we will find in here? This Akentepi, was he a rich noble, or a merchant prince... The possibilities are endless!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oof, by Torag's beard, the sand don't behave like good earth. Always sliding back in the hole ad you dig. And what kinda stone is this?" he said, rapping at the door.

 

Perception: 16+7=23 (25 if stonecunning applies)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now