Flamehawke

PF AP: Mummy's Mask

284 posts in this topic

"It's sand, master dwarf, it flows more like water than behaves like dirt, and it gets into everything if you are not careful."

"I do believe," Mu'dat says, standing back to survey not only the doors but the structure and space around them, while also spitting gritty particles, "I might prefer water to sand for a bit."

[Perception: d20 + 10 = 16]

1 person likes this

"What do you mean Mu'dat?" I look around, notice I've been flinging sand everywhere, and been all together not helpful. "Oooh, sorry. I guess I was over excited"

As the sand is being cleared away from the door many notice (DC 15) that the concealed hinges will cause the doors to swing outward. A couple of others (DC 20) not that there seems to be the mark of where a crowbar was used. The chipping and scrape marks show that someone broke in at some point.

During the hour it takes to remove the sand, making you grateful for the morning start, you notice the doors are shut again. It is also very obvious they were not meant to be reopened as there are no handles at all.

(Opening the door will be a strength check and you may of course help each other)

"Alright, someone shoulder this with me" says Nikolis, as he pulls out his crowbar. With a grin, "if it worked before, maybe it will work again!"

18 + 4 + 2 crowbar = 24

I will help

Roll 12

+2 to attempt

The door opens easily. Revealing the darkened interior of the tomb with only the sun pouring in to reveal that there is another set of doors further in.

(Sheesh. Between the  two of you, you would have been only 1 off of the DC for without a crowbar. Map is in the library. I'll make tokens to place shortly. Likely later today)

2 people like this

(Player Characters when we do things we do them with OVERKILL!!)

Was the sand able to get inside through the crack in the door or was it sealed too tightly?

2 people like this

This rectangular room is empty save for some engravings and fixtures upon the walls, a pair of heavy stone doors to the north, and an immense stone wheel against the south wall. The air is stale, and a layer of dust and sand covers the floor, lying in a thicker layer to the south. All four walls bear sunk-relief engravings and hieroglyphs, while small stone faces are affixed to the walls at about shoulder height in each corner. The stone wheel to the south is engraved with a large spiral and is set in stone tracks in the floor and ceiling.

The heiroglyphs on the wall show that Akhentepi was a celebrated military commander in his time. He presided over the troops that were garrisoned in Wati before his death. Warnings can be found scattered on the walls.

“Akhentepi's tomb is well defended, and those who defile it tempt the wrath of the gods.â€

“The only thing the Lady of Graves despises more than a grave robber is the unsuccessful grave robber.â€

“Turn back while you can.â€

The sand seems to be from when the door was opened the last time before sand and strong winds forced it shut once more. The room is lit only by the door being open currently.

The stone wheel against the south wall is 10 feet in diameter. For the wheel up to 4 can reach from your side.

(Unless otherwise noted the Ceilings are 10 feet up and the rooms are all unlit. Knoweldge Religion checks can be made to identify the symbols on the wheel and in the 2 corners.)

"Ugggh, 'tis good ta get outta the wind and sand.  I think I'll never git it outta ma beard.  I might even need ta bathe!" Thorgrim says with a smile and a wink.

The dwarf heads over to the door and examines the symbols.

(Religion: 16+6=22)

(OOC) I'm thinking by your description and map that we came in the heavy stone double doors. The stone wheel is the tomb capstone?

I'm going to spend some time examining the walls. Not sure what I'm looking for, I think the story of the tomb...

Knowledge history?

Perception?

Knowledge religion?

(Yes Sorry. I forgot I accidentally flipped the map North are the doors you came in through. You have it accurate Darcstaar. History is not called for here. The checks are fairly easy ones. Religion and strength may came into play in this room)

OOC Nikolis is strong, so he can be primary on the door-wheel attemp. Or, since he's sword and shield, he can "ready" for the door-wheel opening in case something pops out to attack. Which ever way people want.

The symbol on the wheel belongs to Pharasma. The sconces in the corners are Anubis. The double as torche holders which place a golden glow around the god's face.