knarthex

Ral Partha- Takhisis: Queen of Darkness 1926 of 5000

Now she decides to be difficult. :rolleyes:

Maybe show her Ma'al Drakar to get her to behave.

What do you mean NOW????

Anytime I show her Ma'al, she instantly turns into a mush headed 5 headed teenager mooning over today's heart-throb....

She knows that he is coming in December....

And has a serious case of the **** for him...

George

:wub: I can't wait for him to get here, he's sooooo Dreaamy.... :wub:

See what I mean....,

she is actually breathing hard....

****=Hots

*turns holy water hose on Takhy* Down, girl!

• Like 3

Knarthex,

I would use some little weight ( like for fishing?) and glue that under the base.

She looks great!

You might be able to get out of there alive, convince her you could "help" in getting a certain male dragon to get into contact with her.

Beware the heavy breathing though, Dragon! remember? breathes fire...

• Like 2

Knarthex,

I would use some little weight ( like for fishing?) and glue that under the base.

For something this heavy, tall, and off center I would get some lead strips and cut a recess for them in the bottom.

You can do the same thing with large steel washers but you need to use more of them.

I would attach them with epoxy and not super glue so they don't fall off.

If you use lead you can seal it with the epoxy if exposed lead bothers you.

• Like 1

I don't know that it even necessarily needs to be heavy, just something like a shim to counteract the wings would work (or so it seems in my mind). You could use plasticard cut to shape, that way the rear of the base wouldn't look strange.

I prefer to balance it with weights since it is less likely to tip over than if you level it with shims.

The wings have a lot of leverage due to their size so it will have more of a tendency to tip over when bumped if you don't weight the base in some way.

I have some 'Worm Weights' that I got by accident when getting split shot agitators, I may flatten some and see if it helps.

Will likely glue them in with CA, then GS and or Apoxie Sculpt them all in and fill the hollow base.

The person that bumps Herself will end up meeting 'A Grazing Mace'....

• Like 4

Well now, I see how much sympathy my toiling over her Evilness gets me around here!

She was just picking up on the mortal thing called Sarcasm...

So anyway, her tootsie's got tickled, to quote the miserable goblin that got me started with this whole thing, and then her body scales all got done with Blood Red as well.... Doesn't sound like a whole lot, but it was 2 hours of painting scales one at a time....

and the inside parts of her legs were difficult to say the least.

It didn't help that the Queen of Evil is ticklish.... Who'd think?

attachicon.gif002.JPG attachicon.gif003.JPG attachicon.gif004.JPG attachicon.gif005.JPG attachicon.gif006.JPG attachicon.gif007.JPG attachicon.gif008.JPG attachicon.gif009.JPG attachicon.gif010.JPG attachicon.gif011.JPG

The tip of her tail got the same brown base coat all the other claws and horns got also.

A piece of advice to people doing big metal minis for the first time: Put a piece of foam or other soft covering on your painting area while doing them! Without the usual handle, the figure kept getting little flecks of paint knocked off when I would bump her on the cutting pad that is my usual surface to paint over. So one of the large thin foam pieces went on top, and that problem was solved.

Hope I remember that when I get to Gauth and DeathSleet!

I also found a Ral Partha WOC40017 Red Dragon blister while I was moving things from the box to the wire rack I recently scavenged.

Each wing is about 2", so I guess it is the size of a young Reaper Dragon? (Each wing is about the same length as Deathsleet's arm....)

800px-Woc-sam-40017.jpg

Thanks for looking!

George

And bowing and scraping before ME! Don't forget that!

I've got that dragon! Minus the front claw...

Takhisis is looking AMAZING!!

• Like 2

On 8/6/2015 at 11:29 PM, ub3r_n3rd said:

Oh yeah! Go George go!

On 8/7/2015 at 12:06 AM, knarthex said:

I just had a horrible vision of a Barbarian in a loin cloth raging with pom poms.....

8)

George

On 8/7/2015 at 12:18 AM, ub3r_n3rd said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*tries to be sneaky as he puts his pom poms away*

On 2/1/2016 at 9:15 AM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Alright, who's going to dress as a cheerleader to inspire knarthex to do the final sprint to the finish line?

On 2/1/2016 at 9:18 AM, vegascat said:

Ub3r's clearly the best choice, being so athletic and all. Not to mention he might distract a completed Takky long enough for Knarthex to get away. :D

On 2/1/2016 at 9:45 AM, Glitterwolf said:

And he has Barbarian pompoms !!!

On 2/1/2016 at 11:50 AM, knarthex said:

Rah, Rah, Rah!

Sis Boom Bah!

ERK....

Oh the evil that will be my entry for Diorama at Reapercon 2018....

@ub3r_n3rd

@Glitterwolf

@vegascat

@Pezler the Polychromatic

Sorry for the thread necro, but I  am looking at the minis I got in late Sept 2015....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

Oh the evil that will be my entry for Diorama at Reapercon 2018....

@ub3r_n3rd

@Glitterwolf

@vegascat

@Pezler the Polychromatic

Sorry for the thread necro, but I  am looking at the minis I got in late Sept 2015....

It's all good brother, looking forward to more hijinks and painting 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, vegascat said:

It's all good brother, looking forward to more hijinks and painting 

Are you sure?

Our adventure in this WIP is a smelly one...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Are you sure?

Our adventure in this WIP is a smelly one...

Well 

I didn't send you off to traipse through Her Darkness' Cloaca....

I'm still queasy when I remember that......

When is Mal Drakkar arriving?????

Um.....

eeep

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, knarthex said:

Well 

I didn't send you off to traipse through Her Darkness' Cloaca....

I'm still queasy when I remember that......

When is Mal Drakkar arriving?????

Um.....

eeep

Yeah, I'd rather not relive that.  The smell is just now coming out.

• Haha 2