I was given this mini by a friend, and have decided it is time to get it painted.

I have discovered what many of you have hinted at...PREP time takes longer the

more experienced you are.  I too roll my eyes at mold lines, mutter under my breath

about slag, and flashings left on the mini !

She has been washed, and primed, and if I ever stop giggling, she will get painted.

My thinking is "An Ogress that thinks she is Marilynn Monroe", That thought alone makes

me laugh. 

Anywho;  here is a photo of the lovely lady !

post-12655-0-26839300-1438970577_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

BWAHAHAHAH! I was waiting for you to paint this piece up!

*snatches some popcorn and flops down to enjoy the show*

• Like 2

Oh, but she's lovely, ABSOLUTELY LOVELY...that's what started playing through my mind when I saw The Girl; it's from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. It is a BEAUTIFUL miniature; have FUN with it!

• Like 3

Thanks Everyone;

Nice to have friends rooting me on.

I just put a coat of black wash on the mini, and I'm overwhelmed by all the details.

Oh, I am going to have fun with this one.

The runt looks like he has a fur bow tie on, and all the details

on the Ogress are cracking me up... I see ruby red lipstick, and shocking blonde hair (like a wig),  or a orange brown hairdoo

on her.  Besides all the bracelets, and fabrics.  ROFL.

I'm making NO predictions on this one, but I can't wait to see what I do free hand in that mirror.. !

• Like 4

Maybe the one on the ground is broken with an image of her face frozen in it???

8)

George

• Like 3

Maybe the one on the ground is broken with an image of her face frozen in it???

8)

George

Thank You,

a Fantastic idea..gonna have to look at playing with that idea !

:rock:

• Like 2

If anyone can paint such a character it's you, Jay!  I'll be checking back to see how things turn out, but we are well past the point where I have any useful advice for you.  ^_^

• Like 3

If anyone can paint such a character it's you, Jay!  I'll be checking back to see how things turn out, but we are well past the point where I have any useful advice for you.  ^_^

LittleBluberry !

Thank you for such a sweet and wonderful comment.

I love when I get the "Off The Wall" characters.

Then I can toss the rules as I see them, play, and be silly.

The more I look at this mini, the more options I am  imagining.

I may just let the mini ferment in my mind for a bit, I want this to be outrageously silly.

Thanks again !

• Like 3

go jay go... and if you have any of that nice Breast Cancer Pink from reaper  I think the little tyke could use some!

Oh Yeah (Flaming Orange for the hair... Phyllis Diller style!!!)

:devil:

• Like 3

As I said, I am NOT rushing this one.

I'm allowing it to play around in my mind for a bit (feel sorry for the Ogress)..LOL

I did some black washing, and put in a touch of eyes, and then put a base skin coat on her.

This is by NO means the color that she will end up, I just need a base to work from.

It also gives me some contrast on the various elements that are to be painted.

Looks like she has some colorful warts on face too !

Any who; join me in chuckling, cause dang is this one a woot !

post-12655-0-38612000-1439130395_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-94981900-1439130395.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 11

I've started adding colors to the miniature.

Some chocolate brown to the furs as an undercoat, some more color to the flesh tones, put the eyes back in.

(why can't we just paint a set of eyes ONLY once)!  Sheesh.

Took only a second to wipe them out.

Put an undercoat of cavalry Red on both Mirrors.

Dry brushed the furs.

Its showing some promise now.

post-12655-0-42945600-1439218406_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 7