Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

It was my first CD. My aunt, who took me to the record store, was baffled.

My first two CDs were Paula Abdul: Forever Your Girl, and Roxette: Look Sharp.

I had such a crush on Paula Abdul... :wub:

And to keep this on topic, she could have totally thawed Frostgrave.

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 8

So, I got another game in last night against my son, let me just say that it is a good thing I love him because if I didn't.... :grr:  :grr:  :grr:  :grr:  :zombie:

It was a good game overall and I guess I "won" by moving the most treasure tokens off the board but by the end of the game I was pretty upset with the leap spell.

Now this did not come about through him using it to "move" my soldiers around the field, that would be fine, frustrating maybe but fine.  He figured out that if he used the spell to "leap" my soldiers 10" straight up the spell ends and they plummet to their death taking 15 pts of damage.  No Will save, no chance to fight back, nothing.   :rock:  :down:  :grr:

No other spell in the game is like this and I was baffled but it was there in the book.  After he killed my apprentice, a barbarian, a thief and a thug in this manner I was like "Well alright, we will be house ruling this crap!", he agreed.

After the game we decided that there needs to be something like "an unwilling target gets a Will save."

After I got home today I checked the errata and found out that someone else must have discovered this already as the errata clearly states that the spell may only be cast on targets in the wizards own warband.

I guess I don't have to kill him after all.   ::D:  :lol:  :B):

• Like 10

Quick question: 

Does a figure with only action (slowed) that takes part in a group activation have to use it's one activation to move in the first half of the group activation or can it  use it's activation for other things after the other models have moved?

• Like 2

I would say it can do other things. The second paragraph under Activation, on page 30, would seem to indicate that you can choose to do either.

• Like 1

Just taught another friend how to play tonight, he really seemed to enjoy it.

He asked how often we play, where he can buy minis, where to get the book.

He played a chronomancer with fleet feet, fast act and slow.  Unfortunately he only successfully cast fleet feet once and leap twice.

He still looked pleased with the game so here is hoping we have another player in our group.

• Like 7

So, tell me something fellow Frostgravers, what is your end game situation?

Do you play until all the treasure tokens are off the table?

Do you play until a turn limit is reached?

Do you play a time limit?

Or do you play until some other condition is met?

The reason I ask is because some of the games can seem to stretch a little long.  We have been playing eight turns max lately, which can still get a little lengthy.

@Chris Palmer and @David Brawley, you guys have been playing some fairly large multi-player games, how have you been handling game length and initiative?

• Like 3

The reason I ask is because some of the games can seem to stretch a little long.  We have been playing eight turns max lately, which can still get a little lengthy.

@Chris Palmer and @David Brawley, you guys have been playing some fairly large multi-player games, how have you been handling game length and initiative?

Chaoshead-

We play until one player has no figures left on the board, either due to death or exiting them.  At that point all players get to keep any treasure they've exited with and any treasure they currently have in their possession.  No one gets any of the unclaimed treasure.  

That being said, I don't think any of our games have lasted longer than 8 turns or so.   We usually start playing at 9:00 AM, and finish sometime between noon and 1:00.

We gave up rolling initiative after  the first game as it was just to time consuming with the re-rolling ties and the comparing and ordering dice numbers.  What we do now, that really speeds things up, is have poker chips numbered 1-7 in a brown paper bag, and just quickly pass the bag around with each player drawing a chip.  Who ever had the 7 last turn, gets to draw first in the new turn, then we work clockwise around the table.  If anyone has a spell that improves their initiative, they are allowed to pull two chips and keep the lower of the two, returning the unused one to the bag. 

• Like 8

It is the one year anniversary of Frostgrave! In celebration, I have written a 'State of Play' report and am holding a contest on my blog. Stop on by for a chance to win!

http://bit.ly/29ILR4U

Chris, good thinking with those poker chips! It probably makes the initiative spells more useful as well.

• Like 8

We play till either all treasure has left the board or one side has no figures left on the board (we only play 2 player games).  Any unclaimed treasures can be claimed by the remaining player as long as they have enough figures left to do so.

• Like 2

Between Sunday and today, have now played 4 games with my new Drider warband.  Thanks to a phenomenal roll on the treasure charts after one game, all members have been upgraded to what they were modeled to be.  I guess this means I need to actually paint them.  :lol:

Illusionist

Apprentice Illusionist

2 Rangers

2 Barbarians

2 Knights

2 Treasure Hunters

• Like 7