Komplex

77067 - Virina, Female Demon

Nice work. Good seeing non skype versions of her finished too :P
But yeah, the colours work nicely, and the extra dark tone on the lower legs is a nice touch

(and yay for fancy background)

• Like 1

Heh, nah, I just get bored waiting for his washes and LGS to dry =P 

This little madam was just kind of more relaxing to work on, coz while she was a bit fiddly, I could at least blu-tac her to a shot glass and make my life a bajillion times easier, lol. 

But ta ^_^ 

• Like 1

Try 35mm film canisters or old pill bottle for handles. I used to scrounge at the local department store camera departments for them. Fill them with water and they work great!

(if you can find a place that develops this kind of film, ask them to save them for you! The labs don't want to bother with the canisters, so they are generally thrown away....)

8)

George

• Like 1

I tend to end up filling my film canisters with safety pins and stuff for conventions ^^; 

I've got a bunch of plastic shot glasses which work pretty well too to be honest, s'what I ended up painting her on. Next up though... Sir Forscale >=] 

or maybe the succubi I've ordered from Hasslefree, though I'll need to find my spray primer for those, as they're metal as opposed to Bones. 

Old pill bottles are amazing though >.< Alas, none of the stuff I ever take comes in them - all in icky foil packets, lol. 

• Like 1

For multipart, pre-glued bones, if there is a gap, it's better to wiggle the parts apart (least that has always worked for me, without needing to cut them) and then pick out the residual glue, (paint the mini if you want) and then re-glue them. Usually what causes the gap is from them being glued in a rush, and the two peices not fitting together quite like they should.

If that doesn't take care of the gap, we may need to talk about green stuff. :lol:

Love the colors and the blood on her hand. The blood on the breast looks a little artificial, like it needs to dribble a bit more. But I really like the addition. It makes her look like she just ripped someone's heart out and ate it.

One more thing, you could have posted the rear photo here because there was no nudity in it. (Just something to keep in mind for later)

Nice job! Hope to see more from you soon!

• Like 1

For multipart, pre-glued bones, if there is a gap, it's better to wiggle the parts apart (least that has always worked for me, without needing to cut them) and then pick out the residual glue, (paint the mini if you want) and then re-glue them. Usually what causes the gap is from them being glued in a rush, and the two peices not fitting together quite like they should.

If that doesn't take care of the gap, we may need to talk about green stuff. :lol:

Love the colors and the blood on her hand. The blood on the breast looks a little artificial, like it needs to dribble a bit more. But I really like the addition. It makes her look like she just ripped someone's heart out and ate it.

One more thing, you could have posted the rear photo here because there was no nudity in it. (Just something to keep in mind for later)

Nice job! Hope to see more from you soon!

Virina didn't really have any gap problems xD I just couldn't get my brush behind her wing very well to actually paint her back and tail, is more my issue. It was just super super narrow. If I get another of this girl though, I'll take a look at that and see what I can figure out.

I've got a new detail brush hopefully on the way, so I'll make her boob blood and bit more dribbly when it gets here - my current brush is just dying a death and can't really do subtly anymore, lol.

But eee, thank you =] I just got a bit carried away with my Blood for the Blood God, coz it was new and different, haha. And ahh, I wasn't sure if buttocks counted, so I figured I'd play it safe ^^;

^_^ I hope to have more to show soon, I like to think I learn quite a bit with each mini I do.  

Well done! The colors work nicely on her.

Thank you ^_^

• Like 2

Congrats on finishing! I'm another fan of the colors, especially on the back/wings.

Cheers ^_^

Woop woop, glad the colours work for you too ^_^ 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Yet another new thread!

(At some point I really should think about starting a blog, or whatever the cool kids do these days, instead of cluttering up the forum with my stuff.)

While it's possibly a banning offence, I've gotta admit I don't particularly care for Sophie or her various minis, but this one really leapt out at me.

I may have made things extra hard for myself by fully assembling everything, but she has little, dainty feet so I was never going to be able to pin her to a cork.

Started with her skin (1:1 Rosy Skin/Beastly Brown > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Rosy Skin/Beastly Brown > 1:1:1 Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Beastly Brown), I was trying to give her a tan, but I don't think it's as simple as adding brown to the skin colour, however the colour I did end up with is rather nice.
      It's hard to see, but she also has (slightly googly) eyes, lip and eye makeup (1:1:1:2 Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Beastly Brown/Hexed Lichen) and eyebrows (Scarlett Red), I also basecoated her hair while I had the Scarlett Red out.
    • By Guindyloo
      I finished up this lovely lady last night. She was wonderfully sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I really enjoyed the details on her and she was a lot of fun to paint. 
      I always mean to paint a Halloween figure before Halloween but am usually too busy to actually manage it. I got this figure while at Reapercon though and decided it was meant to be, so I put aside a couple of other things to make time for her. 

I had a lot of technical issues with her due to my clumsiness - I dropped her THREE times which resulted in extensive repair work and having to reattach her to the pumpkin each time.  There’s no indentation or any other indication for how she’s meant to be attached to the pumpkin and assembly is not my strong suit so I struggled a bit with that part. The way I have her attached leaves her foot hanging past the base by a good bit so I’ll need to build the base up on a little bit of cork, but she looked the most correct to me this way. (She is currently still sitting on top of foam tape and the craft paint bottle that I used as a holder, I just painted them black for pictures.)

I was asked over on facebook how I painted the wings, so I’ll copy that info over here as well:
      I basecoated with MSP Black Indigo. (That’s one of this year’s Reapercon swag bag paints. I think Nightmare Black would probably be fine to use in its place.) Then I layered up using paints from Nocturna’s Imperial Purple Set. They’re Vallejo paints made for Nocturna and I highly recommend both that set and the Crimson Red set. Both sets come with little painting guides and the purple one walks you through how to do both cold purples and warm purples. I went in the warm purple direction starting from the darkest colours and layering up to the lightest. So Imperial Purple > Purple Hex > Amethyst > Witch Purple > Lipstick. 
      Then I glazed over everything with MSP Gothic Crimson which was also a LE Reapercon paint, I think from the 2016 swag bag. (I can’t think of a replacement for that off of the top of my head but it’s a wine-maroon colour.) Then in the areas that I wanted to darken, like the transitions going back into the shadows and the backs of the wings, I glazed with the Black Indigo.

• By MojoBob
      This is a model by Duncan Louca, one of a set of three demons. The other two of the set are on the printer as I write this.

I've printed it at 0.08mm in PLA on my Ender-3, scaled at 150% which brings it up to about 50mm tall. I added a base of my own, as the models are provided baseless.
    • By pinkymadigan
      Right, I hemmed and hawed over the best way to show these off, and sadly, ultimately decided on linking to an external album, rather than uploading 70 some odd photos to Reaper's servers. I've shown off several of these minis/units before over time, but I just got a new phone with a way nicer camera and I thought it would be nice to get the whole thing documented. I'm nowhere near done, I have always enjoyed painting the Undead and will likely continue to add to it forever, but here it is in it's current state. It's based for Kings of War, includes tons of Reaper, Mantic, GW, and a few other manufacturer's in small quantities as well. 

Enough talk, here's the album:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/CrTmoTDLmJte6agt9

And here's a sample excerpt:

It's about 5 years +/- in the making but includes some minis from my previous war gaming days as well, I think all were repainted though. 

EDIT: Apologies, some of the models are dustier than I realized. Next time I get shots I'll dust first. There's even a small cobweb on one, but that kinda looks awesome. The dust not so much.

Thanks for looking!
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)