Edsterdoom

Box of Goodwill (EU/UK Version) - Interest Threadz

I'm fond of 54mm and 28mm scales, primarily fantasy. Pretty much anything, but I have soft spot for Elves

For postage, one of my friends has recommended a parcel delivery company a few times to me that he's used reliably before, and it was cheaper than Royal Mail

I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though. I'll see if I can find out. Might be worth looking into

Edit - Everything else said sounds good to me too

Edited by Drifter
  • Like 5

The reason I suggested the Royal Mail was to provide an example of the costs.

To make it fair we should agree a postage type.

So would we want 1st or 2nd class in the UK?

• Like 3

I'd prefer second class just because money can be hit and miss for me, but I can do first if everyone else wants to

• Like 3

It seems to me that multiple circuits of the same small handful of people would probably not be very productive.  I was wondering if after the box has been round once we should club together to send it off to North America.  Especially if we could persuade folks over there to do likewise with a box for us.

Speaking for myself only, I'd be willing to throw some money in to make this happen if you folks decided you wanted to. If you do, let me know, and I'll start asking around to see who else would be up for it.

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem finding people willing to pitch in to send a box over the pond from this side. If four or five chip in, it should be downright reasonable.

• Like 7

Having a quick look at the Royal Mail website we may need to consider the weight:

2kg Option

Royal Mail

Signed For® 1st Class

More details

1 day delivery Up to £50 for loss or damage Proof of Delivery

£6.55*

Royal Mail

Signed For® 2nd Class

More details

3 days delivery aim Up to £50 for loss or damage Proof of Delivery

£3.90*

Parcel force worldwide

International 48hrs

£11.99. Tracked.

5kg

1st class signed for £16.95 not signed for £15.85

2nd class signed for £14.85 not signed for £13.75

Parcel Force worldwide

International 48hr

£12.98

The conclusion is from looking at this that :

A) Royal Mail is expensive!!

B) We need to keep the box under 2kg so anyone in the UK needs to take out enough or put in enough to maintain the weight.

I am willing to post it over to Holland, but Xherman I don't know what it would cost you to send back.

Ehhmm actually they're in a way cheaper then the Dutch Postal Services.

At least smaller packages are..

Here it goes like:

So Up to 2kg Uninsured within EU is 13 euros

Upt to 5 is 19, 50 Euro and so on.These ar ewith tracking though

Without tracking is only for up to 2kg and is 9 euro..

Alle tarieven in Euro's t/m 2 kg 2 - 5 kg 5 - 10 kg 10 - 20 kg 20 -30 kg Pakket Regio: EUR 1

Standaard inclusief Track & Trace

€ 13,00 € 19,50 € 25,00 € 34,00 € 45,00 Pakket zonder Track & Trace
Een pakket zonder Track & Trace is alleen mogelijk naar het buitenland en t/m 2 kg.
Regio: EUR 1 € 9,00 - - - - Aangetekend
Bij een Aangetekend pakket tekent de ontvanger voor ontvangst. De maximale schadevergoeding bij verlies of beschadiging is € 500,- per pakket. Bezorging in Nederland van maandag tot en met zaterdag. Het pakket is te volgen via Track & Trace.
Regio: EUR 1

Waardevolle spullen tot € 500 verzekerd.

€ 14,65 € 21,15 € 26,65 € 35,65 € 46,65 Verzekerservice
Bij een pakket met Verzekerservice is de inhoud van uw pakket bij verlies of beschadiging verzekerd tot maximaal € 5.500,- per pakket. De ontvanger tekent altijd voor ontvangst. Bezorging in Nederland van maandag tot en met zaterdag. Het pakket is te volgen via Track & Trace.
Regio: EUR 1

Waardevolle spullen tot € 5.500 verzekerd.

€ 20,50 € 27,00 € 32,50 € 41,50 € 52,50
  • Like 2

Yes, the postal costs are unfortunate.  Under 2kg it is, then.

It seems to me that multiple circuits of the same small handful of people would probably not be very productive.  I was wondering if after the box has been round once we should club together to send it off to North America.  Especially if we could persuade folks over there to do likewise with a box for us.

For my part, I'm not looking for any specific stuff.  I think we should aim for as much variety as possible in the hope that everyone can get something they like.  I have a substantial collection, so I'll probably be adding more than I take.  If no one else want to be a starter I guess I could do it.

I feel the same way. I can be starter too if you guys  like, just give me the signal and the first adress.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 2

So how are we going to do this? Do you want me to post my address here?

If we agree an order and the PM address to each other that may be the best way to do this. How do we want to select order as we not have 3 of us who are offering to start ?

• Like 3

Go with whoever's older? Use one of those online dice rolling things and high roll starts it?

• Like 2

Go with whoever's older? Use one of those online dice rolling things and high roll starts it?

Age may be the simplest I think we all have put those detail on our profile details.

• Like 4