Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marvin

What's on TV?

1080 posts in this topic

When I heard that Netflix was getting episodes of MST3K, I'm a little behind--I admit it, I worked my way through the "classic" episodes that were available.

As I tend to browse the web or read, I lost more than a little something while they played.

I'm now into the new episodes.  Gypsy's new voice throws me off.  I'm just used to the Monty Python-esque falsetto of a man "imitating" a woman's voice.  I think that Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt are hamming it up a little too much, and every time I see the band I keep wondering "what...why...?"  It is still a very enjoyable show, and I'm focusing a bit more on the new episodes (it helps that I actually remember watching Reptilicus one awful Saturday afternoon).

3 people like this

HALLWAY FIGHT!!

4 people like this

Hmmnn. I haven't watched Luke Cage yet, and didn't get into Jessica Jones.  Iron Fist is starting to annoy and I gave up on Daredevil the first time, but rewatching it with hope.  Maybe an ensemble show will work better?

1 person likes this

Halfway through the first season of Preacher. Still haven't decided if I like it or not.

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

Halfway through the first season of Preacher. Still haven't decided if I like it or not.

Well if you're like me that will continue through the season.

In similar news, watched the first episode of American Gods. Kind of a slowly paced ramblefest, honestly. I have nothing invested in the franchise, but I know people really like it. I really like the cast, so that'll probably keep me watching a while.

Just heard Emerald City has been cancelled after only one season.

They had some excellent characters. 

Really going to miss seeing more of West.

:down:

Next weeks episode of izombie looks to involve some D&D playing so could be interesting.

Could also be flinch worthy, but Ima gonna watch it either way.

What can I say. I like it when chocolate gets into my peanut butter.

3 people like this

Catching up on some shows.

Binge watched Archer Dreamland I DVR'd. I enjoyed the fact that it was different from previous seasons and played with some of the characters. Really liked the graphics of Art Deco L.A.

Also watched the first few episodes of the new season of Dark Matter. Quality seems to be holding up.

Caught up on Doctor Who. Not sure why but it's beginning to feel a bit "samey" to me.

Season 4 of Agents of SHIELD is on Netflix now, as well as seasons 3 of The Flash and The Ranch. The Ranch is a guilty pleasure just because it's got Danny Masterson and Ashton Kutcher both essentially being their characters from That 70's Show, but older.

Not technically on TV, but I've finally made a start on season 2 of Daredevil.

Somewhat disappointed at the moment, as I'm really struggling to see what's going on in most of the night-time scenes. Hopefully the lighting improves or I may have to give up.

8 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Catching up on some shows.

Binge watched Archer Dreamland I DVR'd. I enjoyed the fact that it was different from previous seasons and played with some of the characters. Really liked the graphics of Art Deco L.A.

Also watched the first few episodes of the new season of Dark Matter. Quality seems to be holding up.

Caught up on Doctor Who. Not sure why but it's beginning to feel a bit "samey" to me.

Damn, I forgot Dark Matter was starting again. Need to find some reruns to watch.

I didn't enjoy Archer Dreamland as much as some of the others. When I told some of my friends I watch Archer they said that's an awful show. I said I know but it makes me laugh. Their group dynamic reminds me so much of the people I hung out with in university except with more sex and violence.

Just curious if anyone else here has been watching "Cosplay Melee".

It's produced by the same people who do "Face Off".

I've been finding it interesting to watch even though I don't cosplay myself.

1 person likes this

Been in a funk and binged on television shows: 

Watched all of the latest seasons of:

Flash (uh...)

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (loved it)

iZombie  (interesting)

Powerless (it got cancelled...>.<)

We have been watching the Murdoch Mysteries series, and we think it is awesome.  It is set in 1895 and detective Murdoch uses very modern (for the time) evidence to solve crimes like finger marks (finger prints), and trace evidence.  It's just fascinating to see how much the scientists at the time had already figured out.