Marvin

What's on TV?

15 hours ago, Pingo said:

When the first book came out there was a lot of snickering and eye-rolling in my corner of fandom because it was viewed as a pretty much scene-for-scene ripoff of Lord of the Rings.

I never made it past this. I read most of it in a single day in Jr High.  Never went back. 

watching Altered Carbon and Jessica Jones (season 2) neither is as good as JJ season 1. 

This thread makes me want to try Voltron with the kids.  I need something I don't hate to watch with them. 

Edited by Evilhalfling

So watching Parks & Rec, then Guardians of the Galaxy, then Parks & Rec again? It is so hard to take Chris Pratt seriously... 

• Like 2

On 2018-02-08 at 5:22 AM, redambrosia said:

Voltron wins Netflix though. Just saying. :ik_oops:

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Voltron.

Voltron.

58 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Yes. Voltron. Always Voltron.

So... Voltron any good?

• Haha 2

I'm on a bit of a zombie kick at the moment (which is kinda weird considering I'm now a big wuss when it comes to anything horror).

I was watching Z Nation until the DVD rental place stopped sending them to me (one of the big drawbacks to renting series), watched both seasons of Ash Vs The Evil Dead and now I'm enjoying iZombie.

I've also finally dropped The Flash, tried catching up with what had aired since the mid-season break, but I just couldn't put up with yet another season of a villain who knows everything the heroes are going to do before they do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

So... Voltron any good?

Yes, as a matter of fact, it's excellent. :ik_oops:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I'm on a bit of a zombie kick at the moment

My daughter has told me Netflix's "Santa Clarita Diet" is good.  Haven't watched it myself, yet.  I'm not usually into the zombie genre, but the humor is this one put it on my list.  

• Like 2

I queued it when it released just because Timothy Olyphant is in it, but I don't think I'll ever watch it lol.

3 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

So... Voltron any good?

show pilot was fun.  spawn approved

reviews say it is better than original, so far I'm on board 

1 hour ago, Clearman said:

My daughter has told me Netflix's "Santa Clarita Diet" is good.  Haven't watched it myself, yet.  I'm not usually into the zombie genre, but the humor is this one put it on my list.  

For zombie-related humor, I prefer iZombie, but Santa Clarita Diet is pretty good, too. SCD has a little more gore, but both are easy to watch while eating.

• Like 2

I just finished watching the mid-2000's Battlestar Galactica reboot on Amazon Prime Video (was overseas when it aired and missed too much to catch up when I returned state-side).

Next up will probably be Jessica Jones season 2 or maybe some kung-fu movies or more than likely a bunch of movies that look really bad that I've queued up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clearman said:

I'll keep an eye out for it, but given Netflix's reluctance to give things a physical release it could be a while.

• Like 1

I will add my cheers for Voltron.  I wasn't sure when it came out, but I'm hooked.  They have done a really good job with it, I think.  

Just finished binge-watching Altered Carbon.  I enjoyed it, but enjoyed the book more.  This is definitely what I always pictured Shadowrun like, and the visuals, the "hotel" and the setting were awesome.  Some of the things left out of the book make me wonder if they are planning on adapting the rest of the trilogy or not...  

After I finish Season 5 of Voltron, Jessica Jones S2 is on deck.  

Edited by Rahz

Hubby and I have been watching The Alienist, a procedural crime drama from before they procedures. It's pretty interesting. Weird, definitely weird. It's got a very suspenseful air to it too.

Also, it has Teddy Roosevelt.

• Like 2