Marvin

What's on TV?

Fan of both Discovery and The Orville. Looking forward to season 2 of both. It's been a long time since there's been 2 star trek shows on at the same time!!

Almost done with Jessica Jones season 2...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Aw Geeze!

Just heard The Expansion has not been renewed for a fourth season.

Apparently the producers are trying to shop it around to other channels.

Its getting to the point where I don't even want to start watching a new series cause so many get cancelled before their time.

I was told Netflix is actively pursuing it. I've no idea if this is actually true but want it to be.

As long as it goes somewhere. It's not a perfect show or whatever, but it's been v. good.

Good news (presumably) for The Expanse: Amazon is backing a fourth season, at least.

In other news, watched The Defenders and thought it was solid. Not quite as good as the Daredevil seasons but prolly better than the other solo seasons up to that point.

Also finally started watching Ozark. Pretty dang good through the first few episodes. Jason Bateman's great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Good news (presumably) for The Expanse: Amazon is backing a fourth season, at least.

Glad to hear the series will be continued.

Hope I'm able to watch it.

After hearing good things about it for years I started watching Black Mirror, two episodes in and I can already tell it's not the show for me.

Episode one was just plain stupid and with episode two I accidentally created a much more interesting (to me anyways) story concept trying to figure out how their dystopian society functioned.

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

In other news, watched The Defenders and thought it was solid. Not quite as good as the Daredevil seasons but prolly better than the other solo seasons up to that point.

Also finally started watching Ozark. Pretty dang good through the first few episodes. Jason Bateman's great.

I read that last line as 'for the first few episodes Jason is Batman' and my mind went some weird places.  Had to share.

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

After hearing good things about it for years I started watching Black Mirror, two episodes in and I can already tell it's not the show for me.

Episode one was just plain stupid and with episode two I accidentally created a much more interesting (to me anyways) story concept trying to figure out how their dystopian society functioned.

Black mirror is really hit or miss for me.  Some of the episodes are good and some are so bad they are laughable but the majority are 1984 Orwellish and just mediocre lazy people taking advantage of a new loophole.  

Electric dreams is another one.  First show I was caught completely of guard by the twist at the ending and the second followed with a beautiful anthological? view from a different angle and I thought I was hooked.  Then the next 3 were just cookie cutter plots with gratuitous sex scenes thrown in for the people who watch shows for that sort of thing

I tolerate dark, and philosophical, slow and plodding.  I refuse to tolerate the humdrum and mundane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Oh! I finally watched the first episode of that yesterday too (though I'd previously watched the faux-Trek episode), and omg is that the most irritatingly stupid thing I've seen in a while. Everyone kept telling me how smart the show is, etc., and then that's what I got right out the gate lol. Edgelord BS.

• Like 1

Been watching a lot of Supernatural. I'm into season 6 now which is about where I stopped watching when it was originally airing. plan on watching all of it.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Zink said:

Been watching a lot of Supernatural. I'm into season 6 now which is about where I stopped watching when it was originally airing. plan on watching all of it.

I'd say S6 is the worst of the seasons. They had a story for 3 seasons that took 5 to tell... and then they got renewed and had to pull stuff out their asses to make it work for a while. They picked it back up though and it is still enjoyable at what, S13 now? 

39 minutes ago, Cyradis said:
1 hour ago, Zink said:

I'd say S6 is the worst of the seasons. They had a story for 3 seasons that took 5 to tell... and then they got renewed and had to pull stuff out their asses to make it work for a while. They picked it back up though and it is still enjoyable at what, S13 now? 

I'm in the middle/end of season 9. 6 was rough... And yeah, they're up to 13 now. Still enjoying it! In fact, going to watch another episode when I get to ironing in a little bit. 

• Like 3

Watched the first two episodes of A Series of Unfortunate Events last night. So far, so good. Even though I spent most of the second episode going "eww", but that was the subject matter.

Holy hotdogs, though! Those people are SOOO dumb!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 more episodes for season 9 of Supernatural. A good spot to pause before diving into the new season of Luke Cage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

4 more episodes for season 9 of Supernatural. A good spot to pause before diving into the new season of Luke Cage.

I just started season 7. I'm also waiting for the newest season of Voltron to come out soon.

On 6/10/2018 at 10:14 AM, Marvin said:

Oh! I finally watched the first episode of that yesterday too (though I'd previously watched the faux-Trek episode), and omg is that the most irritatingly stupid thing I've seen in a while. Everyone kept telling me how smart the show is, etc., and then that's what I got right out the gate lol. Edgelord BS.

Episode One is completely different from all the others. I always recommend people skip it.

I've found that I can only watch a couple of episodes of a series of unfortunate events at a time. About the middle of the second episode my arm starts to ache from restraining my myself from slapping the adults. Specifically Poe. I mean, I know that's the whole dead, but good lord do I just want to slap a idiot!

• Like 1