Marvin

What's on TV?

On 6/25/2018 at 7:39 PM, redambrosia said:

I realized I put the wrong name in here... it's Expedition Unknown. Really fun show nonetheless.

My son watches that one all the time. Heck, anything with Josh Gates he'll watch. I do make fun of the show thou, saying "So has he actually found anything yet??" :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, haldir said:

My son watches that one all the time. Heck, anything with Josh Gates he'll watch. I do make fun of the show thou, saying "So has he actually found anything yet??" :lol:

I love how they hype it up like he's gonna discover world changing stuff, but it's always really... humble. I watch it because of how fun it is.

Just finished watching season 12 of Supernatural. Season 13 isn't on Netflix yet so need to wait for that. Not sure what's up next to watch because I've been binging Supernatural for so long. Should maybe start painting again instead of more tv.

• Like 2

Hubby found an anime called The Disasterous Life of Saiki K. It's amazing. It's hilarious. It's ridiculous. 

Mrs. Lostbug is going through a ‘Korean telenovela’ phase on Netflix; Korean Oddessy, Oh My Ghost, etc. Weird, given that none of us speak Korean.

• Like 2

We got access to Hulu (hubby's mom gives us Hulu, my mom gives us Netflix) and are currently rewatching Brooklyn 99. Its such a good show!

• Like 1

I've binged a lot of shows but never had one I could not put down the way I could not put down "The Good Place (Season 2)". That show is so forking good. I recently finished Person of Interest, so in addition to the Good Place, I've binged Lost in Space, Disenchantment, and The Hollow. The Hollow was interesting but probably not sequel material. The other two I'm kind of on the fence about. I enjoyed them but am getting pretty sick of shows where all the characters (or in LiS's case, all the adults) are just awful, terrible human beings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The good place is darn good. Though I have to disagree with Chidi's love of Kant. Dude was an idiot.

Edited by redambrosia
Chidi not chibi...
  • Like 2

Just started the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon. Very promising so far, looks like the showrunners actually read the books :D

• Like 1

The Good Place is a gem of a show. 

Just got through Netflix's Brooklyn 99. That is an adorable one, and surprisingly wholesome. 

• Like 1

I just finished watching "The Dragon Prince" on Netflix.  My god was this a good show.  The background and story was fresh but still contained a fair amount of fantasy tropes. The setting would also be a great adaptation for a custom campaign. 

Fingers crossed for a second season. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Clearman said:

I just finished watching "The Dragon Prince" on Netflix.  My god was this a good show.  The background and story was fresh but still contained a fair amount of fantasy tropes. The setting would also be a great adaptation for a custom campaign. 

Fingers crossed for a second season. 

I liked it too.

I've been watching Once Upon a Time. It's ok but after the better part of 6 seasons I'm losing interest some. Kind of interesting to see how they mashed together familiar fairy tales, disney fairy tales and their own. Kind of tired of getting beaten over the head with true love's kiss.

• Like 1

OUAT started out good and then got tiring overall. When they concluded the run of most of the main actors, I stopped. I tried to watch with the new folks but couldn't get into it. Still love Regina though - she had great development and acting. 

• Like 1

She's my favourite character and it doesn't hurt that Lana Parrilla is pretty close to my ideal girl in looks either. Not much of an Emma fan. Overall preferring the bad ones trying to be good to the idiotic heroes. Leroy/Grumpy usually makes me laugh.