Marvin

What's on TV?

#2 son wanted to watch the toys that made us with me. The first episode is about Star Trek and it was hilarious. So many mess ups and bizarre toys that got a Star Trek label slapped on them even though they had nothing to do with the show. I'm just young enough that I don't remember the TOS licensed stuff. My favourite is the helmet with the big red light on top.

• Like 2

Binged the new She-Ra over the weekend. So good. So gay. I want to cosplay literally everyone on that show.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm about halfway through the new season (season 3) of Seven Deadly Sins.  Omg, the feels.  Such a hit to the feels over the past few episodes... 

• Like 1

I've been slowly making my way through Wakfu and the new She-ra cartoons.  I usually watch these while playing WoW so I may be missing little bits here and there, but enjoying both.  Wakfu more as I really like the bad guy, but the new She-ra is a decent reboot.  

• Like 1

Just discovered The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell. The strangest baking show I have ever seen. Probably not appropriate for children (or some adults) :blink: It manages to combine a masterclass cake decorating show with Jim Henson's reject puppets, topped with just the perfect amount of girly cute to be really creepy. And...I think it might be awesome! I can't stop watching anyway.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Keianna said:

Just discovered The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell. The strangest baking show I have ever seen. Probably not appropriate for children (or some adults) :blink: It manages to combine a masterclass cake decorating show with Jim Henson's reject puppets, topped with just the perfect amount of girly cute to be really creepy. And...I think it might be awesome! I can't stop watching anyway.

We watched all of it a couple weeks ago. Really wierd show but I will watch more of it if they continue. My boys like various cooking competition shows and this kind of blended into that. It was actually my 12 year old that started watching it.

I just finished The Last Kingdom. Really like that show and will be waiting for the next season. Not sure what to watch right now so I've been watching Empire Games which regurgitates a bunch of history. Not a bad show but nothing special.

• Like 2

I just finished Daredevil season 3. Solid solid season, with really tight writing and a good ending. I wish there was gonna be more. 

Grrr...still behind on the Marvel shows.  The wife keeps complaining there's nothing on, then won't watch the new seasons.  I hope Netflix wraps it all up nicely.

Watched two shows on Netflix: The Haunting of Hill House and Haunted.

I liked Hill House.  I've never read the book, and have no idea if I've seen the original movie, but I really enjoyed the series.  I would have done the ending differently, though.  The producers said they designed the show for multiple watchings, and there are allegedly many things hidden in the backgrounds.  I spotted a couple, but didn't feel that re-watching would bring that much to the table.

Haunted, though, was lackluster.  I'm trying to be kind here.  It felt like someone took the worst aspects of "A Haunting," "Paranormal State," and "The Dead Files" and came up with something with slightly higher production value than drunken campfire stories and slightly less verisimilitude.

I left the show-selector on "Stripes" the other day and let it play out.  "Stripes" for anyone out there not old enough to know, or not interested in comedy, is a comedy starring John Candy, Sean Young, Bill Murray, and Harold Ramis.  A bunch of misfits join the army, and shenanigans ensue.  But you wouldn't know it from the Netflix splash trailer...which is filled with dramatic music making "Stripes" feel more like a dramatic action movie.  Needless to say, this makes me laugh.

30 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Grrr...still behind on the Marvel shows.  The wife keeps complaining there's nothing on, then won't watch the new seasons.  I hope Netflix wraps it all up nicely.

Daredevil wraps up nicely. Iron Fist and Luke Cage will leave you yelling at the TV/Netflix. 

• Like 1

Is it the 20th yet?  I want to watch Aggretsuko: We Wish You A Metal Christmas....  They started sending out teasers a week ago, and so I want to see what Haida does when he's what clearly looks like really really REALLY drunk.

Been making a very slow start on watching Supernatural, ten episodes down, many, many more to go.

Not sure when I'll get to watch more though.

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Been making a very slow start on watching Supernatural, ten episodes down, many, many more to go.

Not sure when I'll get to watch more though.

Like, ten million bazillion to go :lol:

• Haha 3