Marvin

What's on TV?

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

its probably repeated in this thread but is anyone else watching Lucifer?  I have been enjoying it greatly.

I watched it before moving north. I think I saw up to the most recent. Netflix rescued it when it got cancelled, right? No new stuff since then? 

It was a fun show. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I watched it before moving north. I think I saw up to the most recent. Netflix rescued it when it got cancelled, right? No new stuff since then? 

It was a fun show. 

My wife just started watching that - she really likes it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

its probably repeated in this thread but is anyone else watching Lucifer?  I have been enjoying it greatly.

Been watching it since it first popped up on Amazon Prime. It's such a silly show that really shouldn't work, but the cast really bring their A-game ^_^

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Been watching it since it first popped up on Amazon Prime. It's such a silly show that really shouldn't work, but the cast really bring their A-game ^_^

very true!  Its the actors that give this one its flare.  The facial expressions, the body language, the interest in their character all bring the show off so much better than it has any right to be.

There are currently 3 seasons on netflix and Netflix is supposed to have picked up for at least a season 4. 

• Like 5

S3 left really cliff-hangery, so if Netflix doesn't keep it around for a long time, I sure hope they can wrap it properly! 

• Like 2

Hubby and I finally remembered to watch more of The Rookie, with Captain Malcom Rey- I mean, Nathan Fillion :lol: 

And now, thanks to the discussion on the randomness thread about pepper spray, I can't help but roll my eyes every time they spray someone. I'm sitting here watching a perfectly enjoyable episode and they spray someone, and I'm like "lies! They would all be suffering in the tiny space! That apartment would be uninhabitable!" Y'all done went and ruined a perfectly bad Hollywood mechanic :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2019 at 9:16 PM, Cyradis said:

S3 left really cliff-hangery, so if Netflix doesn't keep it around for a long time, I sure hope they can wrap it properly! 

I'm most of the way through S3 of Lucifer.  S4 was supposed to wrap shooting in December and it's due out "early 2019".  We're only getting 10 episodes so I'm hoping they're solid!  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 3

We just watched all of Lemony Snicket's series of Unfortunate Events. Going in the only thing I knew was that it was a wierd story about orphans. Coming out that's pretty much it as well. Wasn't too bad once I got into it but not really my thing. Lots of excellent actors behaving strangely. Watching Knightfall right now about how the knights Templar came to an end.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Y'all done went and ruined a perfectly bad Hollywood mechanic :rolleyes:

There is a lot more than pepper spray we can ruin for you in TVs and movies...:devil:

I've been watching the A-team recently.  Had to use promotional credits to buy the first two seasons on Amazon, but working on my A-team 2083 miniatures made it sort of a requirement to watch some of the episodes. Talk about perfectly bad Hollywood mechanics...

• Like 3

Loved the A Team as a kid but even then I couldn't get over the fact that no one was ever killed or seriously injured. I mean automatic weapons, exploding vehicles and everything but the worst that happened was some bruises and scratches. Haven't watched it in years.

• Like 1

As a TV show, though, the A-Team never really took itself seriously.  It was basically a comic book in TV form, one that was supposed to be over the top and just fun. An hour of mindless entertainment - it didn't promise more than that. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Zink said:

Loved the A Team as a kid but even then I couldn't get over the fact that no one was ever killed or seriously injured. I mean automatic weapons, exploding vehicles and everything but the worst that happened was some bruises and scratches. Haven't watched it in years.

There was an episode were BA was badly hurt and they hid in a small town. But yah, that used to bother me too. Same thing with G.I. Joe till about issue 94, then they just mass killed like 10 joes::o:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hubby and I finally remembered to watch more of The Rookie, with Captain Malcom Rey- I mean, Nathan Fillion :lol: 

And now, thanks to the discussion on the randomness thread about pepper spray, I can't help but roll my eyes every time they spray someone. I'm sitting here watching a perfectly enjoyable episode and they spray someone, and I'm like "lies! They would all be suffering in the tiny space! That apartment would be uninhabitable!" Y'all done went and ruined a perfectly bad Hollywood mechanic :rolleyes:

Without having read the randomness thread, it sort of depends on what kind of delivery system their using for the pepper spray, and what kind it is.  I know of a couple of instances where it was used inside a cell or holding area and the only person who was really suffering was the person who was hit with it.  At least it worked that way with the stuff most of the guys in the department I worked for used.

• Like 2

Made it through the Marvel shows, and am now caught up.  I thought they were all "ok."  Daredevil was better than the others, followed by Luke Cage, with Iron Fist dragging behind.  It's up to The Punisher and Jessica Jones to send out the street-level heroes with a bang.

After that, I saw that Netflix had adapted Watership Down to a four-episode miniseries.  It was "ok".  I think I prefer the adaptation done a four(?!) decades ago...Kehaar was far more entertaining back then.  But it's been nearly four decades since I've seen it, so I might be seeing it through the lens of nostalgia.  Either way, I should dig out my copy of the book when I get done with The Aeronaut's Windlass and Furies of Calderon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kristof65 said:

As a TV show, though, the A-Team never really took itself seriously.  It was basically a comic book in TV form, one that was supposed to be over the top and just fun. An hour of mindless entertainment - it didn't promise more than that. 

It did deliver on its promise though!  I still borrow my friends dads and watch the entire series for the fun of it from time to time.

8 hours ago, strawhat said:

Made it through the Marvel shows, and am now caught up.  I thought they were all "ok."  Daredevil was better than the others, followed by Luke Cage, with Iron Fist dragging behind.  It's up to The Punisher and Jessica Jones to send out the street-level heroes with a bang.

After that, I saw that Netflix had adapted Watership Down to a four-episode miniseries.  It was "ok".  I think I prefer the adaptation done a four(?!) decades ago...Kehaar was far more entertaining back then.  But it's been nearly four decades since I've seen it, so I might be seeing it through the lens of nostalgia.  Either way, I should dig out my copy of the book when I get done with The Aeronaut's Windlass and Furies of Calderon.

Not a fan of the street level super hero mooks.  Just doesn't do anything for me.  I had heard that the Netflix watership was almost as dark as the actual book.  At age 12 that book creeped me out.  Not much gave me nightmares but the life of a sentient rabbit did!

• Like 4